Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

All foster children have an automatic entitlement to a medical card regardles of the foster parents means.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

If you were getting health insurance/ access to private healthcare for one child, you'd have to get it for the other, regardless of them having a medical card!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Just curious if, in real life, would Ben get medical insurance considering he has a pre-existing medical condition?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Just curious if, in real life, would Ben get medical insurance considering he has a pre-existing medical condition?

I think his existing health insurance company would have to keep him as a client but a new company could refuse to quote for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Seriously, all 865,972 FC screenwriters should be sacked & replaced by the good folk on this thread. The alternative names for characters that Boardsies have come up with alone, are prize-winning. Morbegs Lady, Meeeeeeeeeee Daaaaaaaaaa, Glenrose, THE RAM (capital letters, because he deserves them), Stripey n Gripey. My enjoyment of FC rocketed after I came across this page. Well done, people of Boards! Keep it up.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Advertisement

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    Seriously, all 865,972 FC screenwriters should be sacked & replaced by the good folk on this thread. The alternative names for characters that Boardsies have come up with alone, are prize-winning. Morbegs Lady, Meeeeeeeeeee Daaaaaaaaaa, Glenrose, THE RAM (capital letters, because he deserves them), Stripey n Gripey. My enjoyment of FC rocketed after I came across this page. Well done, people of Boards! Keep it up.

Indeed, this thread is at least 80% of my enjoyment of Fair City! The other 19% is watching it with my boyfriend who is equally as cynical!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think Ben would be Entilted to a medical card anyway regardless of him being a foster child as he has a serious condition and seems to need continuous treatment but I thought he could only receive that treatment in America so what's happening? Is he living in Ireland and then going to go over to America when he needs his treatment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Isn't Ben adopted? Don't know wether that would make a difference if he's entitled to a medical card.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Is Deirdre still in America? I know she came home a few months ago but I thought she went back again. There's been no mention of her since Ben came home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

Lets discuss how unrealistic the whole Jo and dr wes thing is

• Advertisement

youwould wrote: »
    Is Deirdre still in America? I know she came home a few months ago but I thought she went back again. There's been no mention of her since Ben came home.

Maybe she bagged a rich Doctor aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Lets discuss how unrealistic the whole Jo and dr wes thing is

Let's not. I have too many gifs that I am on the verge of posting regarding its ridiculousness if I were to get sucked into such a discussion but I am a team player here and wouldnt want to be slowing down anyone's mobile browsing!! So lets just avoid it!

Let's not. I have too many gifs that I am on the verge of posting regarding its ridiculousness if I were to get sucked into such a discussion but I am a team player here and wouldnt want to be slowing down anyone's mobile browsing!! So lets just avoid it!

Pm requested :pac:

ETA: Include that crashing bird gif!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

When you post Meeeeeeeeeeeee Daaaaaaaaaaaaa. Is this farrah. ??????
    Consider yourself promoted to the Special Detective Unit.

fin12 wrote: »
    I think Ben would be Entilted to a medical card anyway regardless of him being a foster child as he has a serious condition and seems to need continuous treatment but I thought he could only receive that treatment in America so what's happening? Is he living in Ireland and then going to go over to America when he needs his treatment?

This post belongs in the Liveline thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Cannot waitu until stripey funds out about ram and morbegs lady

And Bob don't forget, both of them will hit the roof.

Strazdas wrote: »
    And Bob don't forget, both of them will hit the roof.
    I can't wait.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Gwwwwaaaaaaan Tommy.

Wait till Bob finds out.
    And I quote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Indeed, this thread is at least 80% of my enjoyment of Fair City! The other 19% is watching it with my boyfriend who is equally as cynical!

fin12 wrote:

Ben is adopted, Zoe is fostered. Dermot should not be paying for her health insurance.

I can't wait.

I don't mean to be captain bringdown, cos you were all gas last night but we'll probably have to wait quite a while. 'Finding out about Morbegs & the RAM' has probably been slotted in after 'Finding Katie'

Did someone say Gripeys trial is in October? This might mean all Gripey Stripey related events culminate around then...hmmm

• Advertisement

confession time I used to watch Fair City becuase you know its usually on after Eastenders noting else to do while on my phone, now I also watch for this thread but now I'd jsut for Love/Hate my god he is all kinds of dreamy :o

I can't wait.

I don't mean to be captain bringdown, cos you were all gas last night but we'll probably have to wait quite a while. 'Finding out about Morbegs & the RAM' has probably been slotted in after 'Finding Katie'

Did someone say Gripeys trial is in October? This might mean all Gripey Stripey related events culminate around then...hmmm

Nah, I'd say Ramorbeg will be revealed soon. Stripey walking in on them or something no doubt

At least he has some chemistry with Carrie Cowley compared to drowned cat faced Stripey

confession time I used to watch Fair City becuase you know its usually on after Eastenders noting else to do while on my phone, now I also watch for this thread but now I'd jsut for Love/Hate my god he is all kinds of dreamy :o

I think he's good looking Love/Hate boy but his clothes dont do him any favours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

What illness does Binjmin have? I forgot about Deirdre, gas! She goes to the US to be with her son but when he comes home she just hangs on in the States. It's also gas that Bin gets to choose where he lives, even more GAS that they are keeping Jo as a character in the show! We all know we'll never see her again! What's the point? Send Dermish to the looney bin with Heather because he's an absolute skitso!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

They should really try and get Jo back at least for a few episodes if not just to hear her arguing with Dermish on the phone

They should really try and get Jo back at least for a few episodes if not just to hear her arguing with Dermish on the phone

I miss Jo, she was fab

I miss Jo, she was fab

t least she had a bit of character personality to her, and she was comedic in her way also. Her and Dermisssshhhh reminded me of Miss Piggy and Kermit in their relationship dynamics.

She wasnt even told she was being fired.There was no forethought as to how Dermishhhhhs character would progress. They have now changed him into a mini Hulk, with spontaneous bursts of outrage nd anger and flower pot smashing.

believe me that ain't happening after the way they fired her!

t least she had a bit of character personality to her, and she was comedic in her way also. Her and Dermisssshhhh reminded me of Miss Piggy and Kermit in their relationship dynamics.

She wasnt even told she was being fired.There was no forethought as to how Dermishhhhhs character would progress. They have now changed him into a mini Hulk, with spontaneous bursts of outrage nd anger and flower pot smashing.

Exactly. She was full of personality and life, a breath of fresh air among all the stale old storylines almost.

And yes, about Dermot. He is a total Jekyll and Hyde right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Exactly. She was full of personality and life, a breath of fresh air among all the stale old storylines almost.

And yes, about Dermot. He is a total Jekyll and Hyde right now!

She was a horrendous actress, really quite difficult to watch. The same panto school of acting Nicola seems to have graduated from

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement