Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

What's wrong with mee dahs hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Cormdogg wrote: »
    She was a horrendous actress, really quite difficult to watch. The same panto school of acting Nicola seems to have graduated from

I found her very "real". There are 100s of "Jos" out there with her behavioural characteristics so she portrayed a character well. There has to be a bit of an extravagant theatre bout a soap character also sometimes as well. I think her
    strong accent and demenour probably made her seem a bit camp t times.

Cant say that about vast majority of the actors on the show and their characters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I found her very "real". There are 100s of "Jos" out there with her behavioural characteristics so she portrayed a character well. There has to be a bit of an extravagant theatre bout a soap character also sometimes as well. I think her

Cant say that about vast majority of the actors on the show and their characters

I agree with this, and I actually found Nichola quite real also, I've met a few like her in my time!

I agree with this, and I actually found Nichola quite real also, I've met a few like her in my time!

Nicola of old was very real and likeable, new Nicola is like a panto character I'd say also. Very cringeworthy and unrealisistic the way she threw herself at Paul after arriving back the first and second time and all that cr$p with Clawwwwwwwr, and her bitching with Niamh.

Speaking of whom, is Nichola still shacked up in the Ballintine at Paul's expense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,609 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Nicola of old was very real and likeable, new Nicola is like a panto character I'd say also. Very cringeworthy and unrealisistic the way she threw herself at Paul after arriving back the first and second time and all that cr$p with Clawwwwwwwr, and her bitching with Niamh.

Nicola's recent character makes Haley's character look very normal and believable. Nicola's character is quite possibly D most ridiculously cast in soap history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

There are 2 sides to every story. I'm pretty sure RTE didn't just sack Jo out of the blue, there must have been circumstances around it. And the actress who plays her did herself no favors when she went on a rant about how stale and boring her character was and how FC is very behind the times. But I'm not sure if she gave that interview before or after she was sacked.

It seems to be very much the case that if you say one bad thing about the show you are out on your ear. Begs the question as to how Carol and Delores and Niamh and Paul are still there, unless they really really like their jobs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yes, I liked Jo too. She was sort of a bossy snob, but was quite likeable too and I've definitely met people like her before.

There are 2 sides to every story. I'm pretty sure RTE didn't just sack Jo out of the blue, there must have been circumstances around it. And the actress who plays her did herself no favors when she went on a rant about how stale and boring her character was and how FC is very behind the times. But I'm not sure if she gave that interview before or after she was sacked.

It seems to be very much the case that if you say one bad thing about the show you are out on your ear. Begs the question as to how Carol and Delores and Niamh and Paul are still there, unless they really really like their jobs!

It seems you wouldn't want to cross them. They do have form for turfing out people unceremoniously.

I thought there was something odd about Michael's exit too. He seemed to be getting on fine on the show and suddenly out of nowhere he was gone and written out for good : I wonder if he had clashed with the producers before this.

Strazdas wrote: »
    It seems you wouldn't want to cross them. They do have form for turfing out people unceremoniously.

I thought there was something odd about Michael's exit too. He seemed to be getting on fine on the show and suddenly out of nowhere he was gone and written out for good : I wonder if he had clashed with the producers before this.

no he was murdered by a hotel reception desk. But Yes it was strange and suddenly out of nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

no he was murdered by a hotel reception desk. But Yes it was strange and suddenly out of nowhere.

maybe him turning up on set with a black eye had something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Iirc there was a story going around about him breaking a leg (the time in fc the character was in a wheelchair) and something about him turning up on set repeatedly with a black eye!
    Then again I could be wrong as I have young kids and am seriously sleep deprived lol 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Only a few weeks ago Tommy was telling Debbie their affair was "more than a fling" and now he is acting like he couldn't care less about her and is only waiting for the chance to hop on Jackie again and it's making him look like a total asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

The ram morbeg Bob love triangle is a welcome break from Wayne doll Pete whinged fest and the Hughie Renee leather jacket saga
    Now bring back slappy...he's behind the Katie disappearance I just know it.
    Although I am amused by love hates denim jacket think it was handwash only and he put it in a boil wash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I'm not 100% up on all the names....who is slappy and Morebegs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I'm not 100% up on all the names....who is slappy and Morebegs?

Slappy was Barry o Hanlon he was the teacher headmaster for years think he started seeing niamh when she was his student,anyway he was the least obvious murderer ever
    The lady ram is with now can't think of her name bobs ex used to be in morbegs:)

I'm not 100% up on all the names....who is slappy and Morbegs?

Carrie Crowley:

066_2b581ab826922404b772d2f7798f590cad982269.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I thought denim jackets went out of fashion years ago, I never seen anyone wearing them any more.

And certainly not inside in a house in July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I still think it is odd that caoimhe has had no contact from her sisters and mother since giving birth. Plus I agree re health insurance... With a preexisting condition.

• Advertisement

js35 wrote: »
    Iirc there was a story going around about him breaking a leg (the time in fc the character was in a wheelchair) and something about him turning up on set repeatedly with a black eye!
    Then again I could be wrong as I have young kids and am seriously sleep deprived lol 🙂

Yes, he did turn up with those injuries and they had nothing to do with the storyline (does he play football or something?). Perhaps they lost patience with him, thought he wasn't taking the FC job seriously and fired him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Yes, he did turn up with those injuries and they had nothing to do with the storyline (does he play football or something?). Perhaps they lost patience with him, thought he wasn't taking the FC job seriously and fired him.

Might have been conflicting with his job on the side of lighting up christmas trees

It's tragic that the powers that be would expect the actors and scriptwriters to take Fair City seriously when nobody else can.

Jesus, Emmet must be freezing. He is only wearing a t shirt.

Returns: Orla, Gripey, The Don, Emmet, the fact that Katy is missing, Sourpuss, Oisin.

Two minutes in..........

Bela, Charlie and Cass are missing a long time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Oh not Bella Slapped arse

Spoke too soon. Bela is back too. So who's gone on their three month break then - Robbie, Carol, Jack, Dan, Laura, Damien, Caoimhe, Nora, Rose

Bela, Charlie and Cass are missing a long time now.

They never came home after The Stone Roses in Marlay Park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Is she the wan from the Lotto ad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement