Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Agreed. They're definitely leaving it open that he's some way involved. Even if he eventually explains ' Katie came to me in a bad way.....and I have this mate that can make people disappear......no not that way, I mean people who wanna disappear you know'

Although they were definitely setting Rose up to be Robbies mother, with her fondness for him and clashing with Carol but she was a red herring [scriptwriter 34 changed their mind]

That theory would be more plausible, that he helped Katy disappear and knows exactly where she is now.

He certainly doesn't seem the deranged killer type. He seems thoughtful and considerate, I'm not getting sociopath or psychopath vibes off him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

walshb wrote: »
    I really must be missing something here. I am glad I am not alone on not at all getting this theory that Love Hate is the culprit. I tried to see it, but really, he is no more suspect than bloody Ellie from what I have seen. This "looking shifty" when KT is mentioned? I can't see it. What does it even look like?

Watch him the next time - he immediately looks guilty,shifting from one foot to another,fidgety,looks off suspiciously into the middle distance and literally does that cartoon shifty darting eyes thing!
    Maybe he's a red herring but I don't think the writers are quite that clever,they think they're being clever by building him up coz they think we'll take him at face value and get a massive shock when it's revealed.
    Could be wrong of course but that's what I think is going on. I don't think she's dead though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Strazdas wrote: »
    That theory would be more plausible, that he helped Katy disappear and knows exactly where she is now.

If this is the case, and any one of the Fair City writers are reading please do flashbacks to what really happened the night she disappeared. G-wan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I really must be missing something here. I am glad I am not alone on not at all getting this theory that Love Hate is the culprit. I tried to see it, but really, he is no more suspect than bloody Ellie from what I have seen. This "looking shifty" when KT is mentioned? I can't see it. What does it even look like?

ah, come on!! Have you never seen a soap whodunnit before! LoveHate has all the ingredients of a culprit.
    Any plot like this would be subtle in its approach.

Mysterious new character with absolutely no background arrives just before this plot , shifty with a bit of slyness and edge about him, always around the family when Katy is being discussed, relationship with chief inspector, was around the night Katy went missing and communicated with her, . Others can feel free to add to this. On RTE articles previewing his arrival there were quotes like "is there/there could be more to him than meets the eye"

Granted the plot is taking slow pace due to the actress that plays Katy being on stage and the fact they are probably timing the reveal to be circa the Trial, but there really isnt too many other theories?

If the producers had any sense they would make him the culprit as its such an obvious route to go down and I'd anticipate over the next while as he starts to become more involved with the Guard, Farrah and his ever increasing role as "the hero" post syringegate we will start to see more obvious clues.

I'm glad they have paced this story like this, its such a non FC way to go about things with their block stories approach.

I have never ever seen any soap character arrive with zero ties to the other characters that doesnt have a secret etc. I'd bet he is connected to Cthal and it would be a good way to go about things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Has anyone gone to visit Damian & Caoimhe since she had the child? Is the child still in hospital? I don't remember any homecoming scenes.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Please please please, guys, stop trying to somehow link LoveHate to KTs disappearance. It's getting staler than the actual story-line!:o

You have derided people for this several times even though all the signs add up:

He comes out of nowhere with no past and nobody knows a thing about him approx. 2 months before Katy disappears. Hes obviously fast and loose with the ladies as he gives Jane the brush off then mocks her as she tries again for a date. He ends up living with Emmet despite that fact that Emmet robbed him blind TWICE! No fight no argument nothing he just forgives the guy and moves in with him. Hes there when Katy is begging her brother for a place to stay.
    Lo and behold, she goes missing after slipping away from The Station into the night..

After a week or two of searching, Ciaran suddenly offers to help and one of his first lines on the show was to call Oisin a nutcase when Oisin was in the frame and one of those episodes ended with a long lingering look on Ciarans face as if to say yes audience, I know something. Shortly after, he couldn't stop with the offers of help, driving to Galway with flyers, having cosy chats and cups of tea with Debbie and generally being the nice helpful stranger which is Soap 101 for "Its him!" To hammer home this point, any time Katy was mentioned and who would be behind it, Ciaran was generally in the room doing his psycho puppy dog eye stare.

Now, we have reached the stage where he has firmly been established as a nice guy so we need to get the Gardaí to love him, hence the pathetic lazy connection to "getting the Garda cars serviced" in a tiny badly-run small town garage. Cue some lovey eyes with the very guard assigned to investigate Katy and lo and behold they are spending every free moment sipping drinks under large signs of Missing Katy and bumping into each other outside shops with large signs of Missing Katy, the inferences couldn't be more obvious.

This whole story will no doubt be wrapped up in time for the trial in October to further establish Ciaran as a nice guy so that when the reveal DOES happen (and I'm presuming its either something that Garda girl finds or this alleged private investigator), the non-Boards-reading audience, in other words 99%, will be shocked and uttering "Wow I didn't see THAT coming" "What a clever reveal". Meanwhile, we will be left yawning and saying "Oh THAT? Called it months ago"....

Walshb, rather than knocking the above theory, maybe posit an alternative one for the sake of debate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

MelanieC wrote: »
    Really wish Stripey would get her tea leaves read by Mad May,wonder what they would reveal......

How does anyone read tea leaves nowadays. Reading tea bags doesn't exactly sound the same !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Is oisin not still a suspect in KT disappearance? Or is that soooo yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

On a different note entirely those qualified to counsel those affected by being held in seige situations or at gunpoint should set up shop in Carraigstown. Those affected in last 18 months:
    Siege1
    Bob
    Judy

Seige 2
    Robbie
    Carol
    Niamh
    Paul
    Pierce
    Rachel

Seige 2a
    Eoghan
    Michael
    Debbie

Seige 3
    Farrah
    Rennee
    Hughie
    Ellie
    Bob ... again
    Ciaran

Any I'm missing ??

desbrook wrote: »
    On a different note entirely those qualified to counsel those affected by being held in seige situations or at gunpoint should set up shop in Carraigstown. Those affected in last 18 months:
    Siege1
    Bob
    Judy

Seige 2
    Robbie
    Carol
    Niamh
    Paul
    Pierce
    Rachel

Seige 2a
    Eoghan
    Michael
    Debbie

Seige 3
    Farrah
    Rennee
    Hughie
    Ellie
    Bob ... again
    Ciaran

Any I'm missing ??

I feel like I am being held against my will sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,609 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Stripey: We can't afford a private investigator.....is it just me or did come out real hammy?

Ah, Redser the accountant. Instills about as much confidence as a chocolate teapot!

shifty LoveHate.............

The F'kin cut of Binjuuuuuuuuuuuuminnnnnn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Watch out for the pickpockets along Las Ramblas Sourpuss - it's notorious

They will certainly hear her clogs coming along the promanade with her A4 pad under her elbow

I bet Barca can't wait for her sourpuss arrival!

Yes, Dermish. Your liver......FFS, do accountants know fook all about the organs in your body?

was that LoveHate's face in the cup

giphy.gif

Is that the Ram in the bottom of the cup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Tealeaves in the shape of a Ram!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Euro Millions numbers... "Nenagh Bypass Ted"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

There isn't any fuping clubs on Rambilas
    And what the fup does a 18 year old scang know about running clubs

Just realised. Every single storyline at the moment is characters at war. Even Gripey and Stripey are tearing strips off each other....

Every scam/investment plan/dodgy dealings go belly up in Carrigstown.

If the local accountant doesnt know this what hope is there for anyone

I like Mad May! Cn we keep her and her Barry's tea scams!

Charlit's got 'the job.' What happens to the carrot business now that she's away?

Great- in the space of one episode we have had the beginning of the end for Oisins character. Just when I was really starting to enjoy his shady dealings and winding up all around him, he must have looked at a scriptwriter wrong or something because hes surely on the way out now. And what do we have left? Paul and Niamh giving out about nothing every single day between now and they day they die, or Delores walking up and down the road.
    Fcuking really annoys me when they get rid of decent characters.:mad::mad:

Great- in the space of one episode we have had the beginning of the end for Oisins character. Just when I was really starting to enjoy his shady dealings and winding up all around him, he must have looked at a scriptwriter wrong or something because hes surely on the way out now. And what do we have left? Paul and Niamh giving out about nothing every single day between now and they day they die, or Delores walking up and down the road.
    Fcuking really annoys me when they get rid of decent characters.:mad::mad:

maybe he wanted to go on his own accord. Theatre or something. Its only a temporary exit,

• Advertisement

^ Its just lazy writing and smacks of scriptwriter #7864555. I hope, if he does leave, that he comes back as hes the most watchable and interesting character for yonks. Without him, all we have is Rachel, Niamh and Paul stomping around the place looking miserable and sending the audience to sleep.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement