Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,456 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why did Ben's real mother (can't think of her name) leave him in America to come tell Dermot about Jo, she owed Dermot and Zoe no explanation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

This is the thing, they fire one of their most long term permanent cast members(for no reason at all, mind you......she was one of the better actors) and it takes them 7 months to come up with THIS excuse for an exit story!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

This is the thing, they fire one of their most long term permanent cast members(for no reason at all, mind you......she was one of the better actors) and it takes them 7 months to come up with THIS excuse for an exit story!!

I cant agree that she was one of the better actors, unless you consider someone shouting "Dermit", swanning around with a sense of superiority and generally having no storylines as being good. She was past her sell by date, boring, stale and heading the way of Delores just heading up and down the street with nothing to do or say. Plus don't forget she must have said or done something very bad to annoy RTE to the extent that they sacked her. I was more sad when they killed off Christy but I think he took them to a tribunal about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,144 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why did Ben's real mother (can't think of her name) leave him in America to come tell Dermot about Jo, she owed Dermot and Zoe no explanation

That was answered in fact. Deirdre said she had to return to Ireland for her aunt's funeral.

I cant agree that she was one of the better actors, unless you consider someone shouting "Dermit", swanning around with a sense of superiority and generally having no storylines as being good. She was past her sell by date, boring, stale and heading the way of Delores just heading up and down the street with nothing to do or say. Plus don't forget she must have said or done something very bad to annoy RTE to the extent that they sacked her. I was more sad when they killed off Christy but I think he took them to a tribunal about that.

I began to like Jos character, she was unique, had a different wit and edge to her and her and Dermot worked well together. Plenty of potential stories for her and, yes, I considered her one of the better actors on the soap and she was very consistent in her portrayal.

Anyway it is more my gripe with their being no planning behind her exit. Yes her character was stale, etc and the actor herself admitted she was bored of Jo (whilst also maintaining how devastated she was as she thought she would play her FOREVER ....RTE mindset......!!)
    But in sending her away they never considered the peculiarities of how her final exit story would be complicated. Like her adopted daughter for goodness sake!! Thats my gripe!

Oh its Dermishhhh, not Dermit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

Because in the nature of all soaps, she will end up in the leaba with Dermish before Christmas !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You mean biological mother? She has never been a real mother to Ben!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

If Ellie is 11 why does she have a mobile?

Cormdogg wrote: »
    If Ellie is 11 why does she have a mobile?

Kids far younger have mobiles. Welcome to the 21st century.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

This is SHOCKING! So bad

• Advertisement

Well that was a realistic reaction by Hughie .................... ffs

Nuss and Farrah and Emmett can't seem to bump into each other? What ever happened?

These WayneJane scenes are fooking painful!

Yeah, Jane. The episode is boring me to sleep also. At least I have the match on the dual screen though

I'm probably very wrong here but what sort of close relationship did Jo and Orla ever have?? The Ram or Maeve would have a better chance of convincing here to return. I wouldnt take relationship advice from the missus of Wayne Molloy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Are ye fecking joking me? :pac:

Are ye fecking joking me? :pac:

no, there are about 35/40 cast members in FC and Joe would be better than the majority of them. The character may have been annoying, even a little bit pantoish, but she portrayed her reasonably well. Having no creativity behind her storylines, or lack thereof, was her undoing.

Best actors on show atm are probably Bob, Charlotte, Decco, Gripey, Cass, Renne, Hughie, Carol and Robbie (when they are given decent material), Katie, and maybe one or two more that I'm missing. Rest are ranging from middling to terrible. I dont get the fuss about Heather, maybe its because of that awful ott acting but a lot like her.

So......looks like an affair between Wayne and Jane which came out of nowhere, very lazy writing and also, I learned more about Jane in this episode than the previous 6 months, weird how FC suddenly lets the audience know about a character after months of ignoring them. Elsewhere, Ellie getting poor Renee to chase her for the phone was a LOT funnier than it should have been!

no, there are about 35/40 cast members in FC and Joe would be better than the majority of them. The character may have been annoying, even a little bit pantoish, but she portrayed her reasonably well. Having no creativity behind her storylines, or lack thereof, was her undoing.

Do you include Bob, Renee and Heather in the group of people that Jo was better than?

Carol and Heather are the only 2 good actors in Fair City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

WOW, nail hit directly on the head
    By the way, has anyone noticed the different scrip writers change each week,no wonder the plots dont last long and are inconstant

I thought was different writers per episode

So the actress playing Heather is better than Eamon Morrissey or Brian Murray!! Oh come on!

I honestly found her acting ott pantoish during that storyline!!

I think Caddle is sh1t. Too forced!

So the actress playing Heather is better than Eamon Morrissey or Brian Murray!! Oh come on!

Ehh yes, far better. There's nothing good about either of those guys, although we could argue this all night. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Ehh yes, far better. There's nothing good about either of those guys, although we could argue this all night. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Tbh I wasnt arguing with you!! Just completely disagree!

Tbh I wasnt arguing with you!! Just completely disagree!

Ahh I know, I said we 'could' argue it all night. Obviously this sort of thing is subjective.

Can anyone point put what makes Carol a good actress OUTSIDE of the whole Billy Meehan thing which she has been dining on now for 15 years now. Outside of that story, she does nothing but smoke, drink and walk up and down the street,she needs the sack now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Jo was a terrible character badly acted IMO. That accent was so bad. Not sorry to see her gone. The acting is so bad though in general. Compared to red Rock its really really bad. The story lines are gone to the dogs altogether in the last while though. Just not one bit credible at all.

Ahh I know, I said we 'could' argue it all night. Obviously this sort of thing is subjective.

Have you seen either in other roles though? Eamon Morrissey is really really respected as one of Ireland best actors for decades, Fair enough he is just in retirement mode in FC and there for comedic purposes mainly but am I correct in saying you are basing this opinion for the most on this recent Heather plot?! (no googling now ; )) )

Likewise Brian Murray, he is wasted making burgers and sweeping outside his chipper. He is an excellent actor and should have far better ambitions than this role. Just shows you how cushy of a paycheck it is

Both have had some fantastic roles over the years and are well respected over the water.

I honestly found Una Kavanaghs acting forced, cartoonish and just repetitive! She had some good moments but nothing GREAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Who's Eammon Morrissey

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement