Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I like that they are doing it slow and steady. Makes a change from their usual 2 month block stories. They are clearly pacing it with the trial in sight and it had to commence when the actress that plays Katy left to do her theatre. They dont want to shove it in your face tht he is the suspect, merely give some hinters to us eagle eyed viewers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,609 ✭✭✭✭walshb

MelanieC wrote: »
    walshb,surely tonight you saw how shifty and guilty LoveHate looked at the end of that scene in the station beergarden?! The camera lingered way too long on his darty eyes for no good reason! It's definitely him. Surrender!

My post mentioned that scene. But look at it. Makes no sense. He looked confused/lost. Nothing sinister or guilty looking. Whatever about him being the suspect, the delivery of the story, if true, is bonkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

walshb wrote: »
    My post mentioned that scene. But look at it. Makes no sense. He looked confused/lost. Nothing sinister or guilty looking. Whatever about him being the suspect, the delivery of the story, if true, is bonkers.

In fairness they can't be too obvious about it - have him rub his hands together and cackle bahahahah like a panto villain! He looks lost and confused so viewers see him as harmless and then are shocked when it comes out. Standard really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ok ok we get it, Ciaran is a lovely and helpful chap and isn't he such a gent to offer to help with the flyers. Enough already! We all know when he is finally revealed as the killer or kidnapper of Katy everyone is going to spout the predictable line "I can't believe it, he even helped with the flyers!". How many more scenes do we need to validate this??
    Also to the people who say it couldn't be him he's too nice or soft looking to be the culprit seriously wtf. People of all ages looks and temperament are capable of the most horrific and cruel crimes there is no one specific look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Oisin has the sort of face you just want to punch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Its probably as simple as they're waiting on the actress deciding to cone back or not! I fear we ll all be disappointed and the doorbell will ring one day and she ll be like ....' how'ye ma ...... I just needed some headspace and went to stay with some friend ive never mentioned before and lived off the grid. I'm home now! Carry on '.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I like that they are doing it slow and steady. Makes a change from their usual 2 month block stories. They are clearly pacing it with the trial in sight and it had to commence when the actress that plays Katy left to do her theatre. They dont want to shove it in your face tht he is the suspect, merely give some hinters to us eagle eyed viewers!

Because the actress that plays K-Tae is working on stage

Because the actress that plays K-Tae is working on stage

which is what I said! Read my post! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Fair City is not always forward thinking with their scripts, this KT storyline has been going on for months now, very unusual for FC! They're covering ground now that needs a conclusion and don't know where to go with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,609 ✭✭✭✭walshb

MelanieC wrote: »
    In fairness they can't be too obvious about it - have him rub his hands together and cackle bahahahah like a panto villain! He looks lost and confused so viewers see him as harmless and then are shocked when it comes out. Standard really.

I don't expect them to be too obvious, but surely some progress to validate this LoveHate theory.

• Advertisement

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh Shifty!!

CojG9TbWgAAdYit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

jesus who did the decor in the ballatyne. Karl fradgeley must be chief suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh Shifty!!

CojG9TbWgAAdYit.jpg

He's reading the autoque because the script is so crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

That shirt dermot is wearing needs to die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ok ok we get it, Ciaran is a lovely and helpful chap and isn't he such a gent to offer to help with the flyers. Enough already! We all know when he is finally revealed as the killer or kidnapper of Katy everyone is going to spout the predictable line "I can't believe it, he even helped with the flyers!". How many more scenes do we need to validate this??
    Also to the people who say it couldn't be him he's too nice or soft looking to be the culprit seriously wtf. People of all ages looks and temperament are capable of the most horrific and cruel crimes there is no one specific look.

My point would be that Katy being murdered by Ciaran would be a very dark storyline for FC. Besides, what would the odds be of she and her brother being killed within a few months of each other? Several million to one at a guess.

There would be absolutely no logic to him spontaneously turning up in these Katy discussion scenes if there wasn't some subtle indication in it! I can't believe people think the theory is nonsense!

YAAAWN ................at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

It's definitely Ciaran, he's getting a sick trill pretending to help out the family and him knowing exactly what happened to her gives him a great sense of power, plenty of killers in the past would help in the searches for da victims and make appeals on tv for information. Also trying to put Eoin off hiring a private investigator.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I'm probably reading too much into it, and the cr@ppy synopsis is probably due to it being a bank holiday this weekend and no one being available to provide a synopsis, but, in next Sunday's rte guide to listings for Fair city the programme description simply reads :story charting the highs and lows of life in Carrigstown.

Why??? It's the first time I've seen such scant detail , however maybe this has happened before? Or maybe RTE are trying to hide the big spoiler of Ciaran finally being discovered as the mastermind behind Katy's disappearance, next Sunday! Not really...but maybe something interesting will be happening!

YAAAWN ................at this stage

Damn, you know yawning is infectious. You have me yawning now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

"Eoghan's behaviour only leaves him even more isolated, and brings him into conflict with a dangerous new arrival in Carrigstown - Mr Foley, Carol's da "

Maybe he has something to do with KT dissappeanc. ;)

• Advertisement

Probably a case that they are making it up as they go along, passing the story between each writer who adds their own piece to the plot.

mr-bean-exam-o.gif

I am so looking forward to seeing this guy in Carrigstown. Wonder will he call any one Dave!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I'm probably reading too much into it, and the cr@ppy synopsis is probably due to it being a bank holiday this weekend and no one being available to provide a synopsis, but, in next Sunday's rte guide to listings for Fair city the programme description simply reads :story charting the highs and lows of life in Carrigstown.

Why??? It's the first time I've seen such scant detail , however maybe this has happened before? Or maybe RTE are trying to hide the big spoiler of Ciaran finally being discovered as the mastermind behind Katy's disappearance, next Sunday! Not really...but maybe something interesting will be happening!

No I've seen that description being written loads of times before, they write that exact same description underneath the episodes on the player aswell. Probably couldn't be arsed writing proper one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

fin12 wrote: »
    No I've seen that description being written loads of times before, they write that exact same description underneath the episodes on the player aswell. Probably couldn't be arsed writing proper one.

Ah that's a shame. Me reading between the lines. Was hoping we'd be near a conclusion or something !! Definitely more likely that they're not arsed at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Sunday's episode.
    Trigger shows no signs of moving on from Carrigstown, forcing Carol to face up to her past, and share it with Robbie. Eoghan makes a frank admission about the state of his relationship with Debbie, but chooses an awkward confidante in the form of Tommy. Meanwhile, Alannah confronts Ciaran about his treatment of Farrah

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Is it just me, or is Rachel becoming Morticia Addams?

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Sunday's episode.
    Meanwhile, Alannah confronts Ciaran about his treatment of Farrah

#shifty............ Alannah sussing LoveHates personality out..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

#shifty............ Alannah sussing LoveHates personality out..........

Who's Alannah? Is that the Garda ?

happyday wrote: »
    Who's Alannah? Is that the Garda ?

Yes. She hasn't been seen since love hate took her out on the motor bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Even Ellie has a dodgy leather jacket! Jesus Farrah finally twigs that Spar is not the place to discuss personal matters but in fairness to Derms it's Spar business!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement