Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    And Eoghan's too maybe?

Ooooooh maybe!

Here we go again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Baffled with this Dermot story tbh .. he goes from a fainting situation to a serious liver condition to a terminal liver condition in a few days despite there being no evidence of any major symptoms for such an advanced condition in the weeks beforehand. I can understand that Dermot is being written out and has little storylines left in him now Jo is gone but surely they could have done one with him getting frustrated with clients, Jo, lack of money, Ben going back to America possibly with Zoe too and then Dermot killing himself or striking out at someone in frustration (Paul most likely!) and tripping and killing himself? From what I can see, Dermot has no signs of advanced cirrhosis let alone liver cancer. Dermot killing himself or accidentally dying in a fit of frustration would be more in keeping with what we have seen (furstrated, narky, depressed Dermot).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has the actor who plays Dermot been let go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Baffled with this Dermot story tbh .. he goes from a fainting situation to a serious liver condition to a terminal liver condition in a few days despite there being no evidence of any major symptoms for such an advanced condition in the weeks beforehand. I can understand that Dermot is being written out and has little storylines left in him now Jo is gone but surely they could have done one with him getting frustrated with clients, Jo, lack of money, Ben going back to America possibly with Zoe too and then Dermot killing himself or striking out at someone in frustration (Paul most likely!) and tripping and killing himself? From what I can see, Dermot has no signs of advanced cirrhosis let alone liver cancer. Dermot killing himself or accidentally dying in a fit of frustration would be more in keeping with what we have seen (furstrated, narky, depressed Dermot).

Jesus, you are dark!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I presume so with a diagnosis like that but have not heard he is let go. It could be one of those misdiagnosis storylines too and that would make more sense! There is just no way Dermot could have what he has so advanced and not have known.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He should have just gone to Galway and set up a new practice. Much handier for all concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I'm confused about Dermot's diagnosis. He needs a liver transplant and has liver cancer? I didn't think that a transplant would automatically get rid of cancer! If it's been like that for years how do they know it hasn't spread?

Fair play to the HSE and that wanker Harris though - things in the Irish health system are looking up! Dermot collapsed last Wednesday and went to see the doctor who said he'd refer him on. Less than a week later he'd got all the results and diagnosis. All without health insurance or a medical card. Give it a couple of weeks and he'll be right as rain. ;)

Does a liver donor have to be alive or is it a case of getting viable organs from recently deceased people? I'm 99% certain that this won't actually happen but wouldn't it be gas if both Eoghan and Carol got tested to be donors to Dermot and somehow that's how they find out they're brother & sister. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

youwould wrote: »
    I'm confused about Dermot's diagnosis. He needs a liver transplant and has liver cancer? I didn't think that a transplant would automatically get rid of cancer! If it's been like that for years how do they know it hasn't spread?

Fair play to the HSE and that wanker Harris though - things in the Irish health system are looking up! Dermot collapsed last Wednesday and went to see the doctor who said he'd refer him on. Less than a week later he'd got all the results and diagnosis. All without health insurance or a medical card. Give it a couple of weeks and he'll be right as rain. ;)

Does a liver donor have to be alive or is it a case of getting viable organs from recently deceased people? I'm 99% certain that this won't actually happen but wouldn't it be gas if both Eoghan and Carol got tested to be donors to Dermot and somehow that's how they find out they're brother & sister. :D

The liver donation could only come from a dead person. I'm a bit startled how Dermot could have become so sick so quickly though. The doctor said he had high blood pressure and high cholesterol for years which had been undiagnosed, but I think he would have been aware of the high blood pressure at least : frequent headaches and dizziness / light headedness.

Considering Dermot doesn't seem to have health insurance, does this mean he goes on a waiting list for chemotherapy, let alone a transplant. Is that how it works or will he get treatment straightaway in the public system?

I don't think you ever go on a waiting list for chemo!

Ha! Thanks for the early morning laugh ....Dermot "dying in a fit of frustration " .....brilliant :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

JP Liz V1 wrote:

Keeping him around for the occasional haunting, much like his current role really ! They should kill Ben and give Dermot his liver with a nice glass of chianti, Ben should die choking on a hot dog at a dodgers game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Since when was Dermot so pally with Robbie? I never remember them having much interaction until the last few episodes. Now, Robbie accompanies him to the doctor and is the first to know of his terminal condition.

FFS :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Did anyone recognize the doctor that told Dermot the bad news last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

STIG83 wrote: »
    Did anyone recognize the doctor that told Dermot the bad news last night?
    Who was she ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Does Ben own any clothes that do not have a US place printed on it?

For somebody living in Florida he has.. a 'Bronx' and 'LA' cap along with a 'San Fran' tshirt... Pennys must have no Florida based stuff in at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Keeping him around for the occasional haunting, much like his current role really ! They should kill Ben and give Dermot his liver with a nice glass of chianti, Ben should die choking on a hot dog at a dodgers game.

Loving your work! Gave me a laugh. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Who was she ?

She was the school teacher in Killnascully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

maurv1 wrote: »
    Since when was Dermot so pally with Robbie? I never remember them having much interaction until the last few episodes. Now, Robbie accompanies him to the doctor and is the first to know of his terminal condition.

FFS :rolleyes:

Sure Farrah is his lifelong friend now too. Meanwhile Orla is now a stranger! !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Sorry - I've half an eye on the footie...

Kerri-Ann came in as Mondo's fiancée when he came back from England..

So is she supposed to be English?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

STIG83 wrote: »
    Who was she ?

She was the school teacher in Killnascully.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I still doubt they will kill off Dermot. If they didn't have the guts to kill off Delores then they wont do it with Dermot. Soap rule number 1: If there is even a tiny chink of light of hope, then they will survive. The second that doctor said "Your only option is..." I knew he will still be in the soap in 5 years time. On paper, hes a totally redundant character and without Jo he is pointless but that doesn't mean he wont stink up the show for years to come.

I agree with the poster about this weird friendship with Robbie, don't ever recall them exchanging words before and now hes his bestie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Strazdas wrote: »
    The liver donation could only come from a dead person. I'm a bit startled how Dermot could have become so sick so quickly though. The doctor said he had high blood pressure and high cholesterol for years which had been undiagnosed, but I think he would have been aware of the high blood pressure at least : frequent headaches and dizziness / light headedness.

Just the usual lazy lazy writing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Just the usual lazy lazy writing

It does seem like his serious illness storyline has come out of nowhere. You would have thought he would surely have had a blood test or two and had his blood pressure checked in the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Yeah, as said but others on here, the sudden friendship with Robbie is strange and Robbie handing him a wad of money... Wtf :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Anyone else noticed that lots of extras are speaking now all of a sudden instead of just gesturing and grunting and walking like some AI computer game character?

zuutroy wrote: »
    Anyone else noticed that lots of extras are speaking now all of a sudden instead of just gesturing and grunting and walking like some AI computer game character?

well your man isn't an extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

well your man isn't an extra.

No I mean randomners in the shops etc.

zuutroy wrote: »
    No I mean randomners in the shops etc.

haven't really seen many in the shop but sure it beats them staring hallucinogenically at the mineral or biscuit shelf for ten mininutes

Fair-city4-640x457.jpg

On another note where is Smiley Heather. Surely at least a mention is warranted at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

How ironic Eoin calling someone an "ignorant thick".

• Advertisement

Christ, that decor in Ram's Bordello Hotel

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement