Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

youwould wrote: »
    In Tuesday's episode, one of the longest running FC characters was diagnosed with a supposedly terminal illness. And not a whisper since then. We'll see you in November, Dermot. ;)

He's taking his family to Cavan on the bus, no more tears, no second opinions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was there a hint in Carol's last scene in the Station Office with her Da that maybe he, and maybe his friends, abused her as a child?

Yes thought the same, she is very scared of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Do I really want to watch tonights episode?? Im sensing a division on this thread. Some people actually like and believe in this show and I don't want to fall out with anyone.

THE DRAMA!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Was there a hint in Carol's last scene in the Station Office with her Da that maybe he, and maybe his friends, abused her as a child?

Also, anybody else think Love/Hate might be an under cover cop? It could also explain the way he arrived, with no backstory, the way he always seems to be around when there's talk about KT, playing down his relationship with Allanah. Cops maybe suspect somebody in the community is responsible for KT's disappearance. Just a thought...

Eh, Katie was around for about 6 or 7 weeks after he arrived! That is some preemptive investigating if so!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Eh, Katie was around for about 6 or 7 weeks after he arrived! That is some preemptive investigating if so!

Ah ok. Thought he only arrived after she had gone.

• Advertisement

Ah ok. Thought he only arrived after she had gone.

no, he was even in her second last scene. Looking...............shifty.......

no, he was even in her second last scene. Looking...............shifty.......

I need to pay more attention! I must be almost as careless as the script writers now!

Surely you remember that epic poker match plot and the plot about Emmet stealing a score out of LoveHates wallet. It was Spielsberg like storytelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

So Robbies Mammy was honest and Robbie got all messed up. Carols Daddy is all messed up and Carol is just.....Carol.:rolleyes:

I want us to go Robbie! Jaysus! And what about the extras in the bar?? Not a move. A really calm lot! As for Eoghan, the strongest dude ever...now heading for a breakdown.

BORING!

Surely you remember that epic poker match plot and the plot about Emmet stealing a score out of LoveHates wallet. It was Spielsberg like storytelling.

I do remember that, but had forgotten the context. I must have a touch of Dermish's brain fog.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

In Tuesday's episode, one of the longest running FC characters was diagnosed with a supposedly terminal illness. And not a whisper since then. We'll see you in November, Dermot. ;)

This Dermot story is strange. He has one fainting incident and then gets a terminal diagnosis and seems to be 100% fine going about his business. Perhaps a spinoff called Dermot's Roadtrip is on the cards. Dublin to Cavan (via Meath) to Leitrim to Roscommon to Galway to Clare to Limerick to Cork and back to Dublin (via Tipperary, Laois and Kildare).

The misdiagnosis story could be on the cards too. For me Dermot acts too healthy to have this. Wasn't there a misdiagnosis featuring Ray having a similar condition years back IIRC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

That would seem likely. This Trigger Foley has the potential to be a good albeit very nasty character. Don't remember much about Carol's family being in it before or who Lorcan's father was? Probably will be revealed. It would be good to bring back Cathal Spillane into the mix too and maybe Billy Meehan's family?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Can we call Carol " Raleigh" from now on ?

That would seem likely. This Trigger Foley has the potential to be a good albeit very nasty character. Don't remember much about Carol's family being in it before or who Lorcan's father was? Probably will be revealed. It would be good to bring back Cathal Spillane into the mix too and maybe Billy Meehan's family?

Spoiler: Billy Meehan's American cousin is coming in next week. But he is the opposite to his cousin and sweeps Caddle off her bleeeeedin feet.

Here he is:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007593492139

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

liam7831 wrote: »

No.

She will always be Caddle to me! (i missed tonight.........whats the raleigh reference.......... local bike?)

She will always be Caddle to me! (i missed tonight.........whats the raleigh reference.......... local bike?)

Her father told Robbie that she used to bring home older men to sleep with so her nickname was "Raleigh". What he didn't tell Robbie was that he and his friends sexually abused her.

#TeamTrigger

Her father told Robbie that she used to bring home older men to sleep with so her nickname was "Raleigh". What he didn't tell Robbie was that he and his friends sexually abused her.

This. She's been dropping hints as subtle as breeze blocks for the last two episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Sorry to ask, but I haven't watched FC in around a month. What happened in the past month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

dogcat wrote: »
    Sorry to ask, but I haven't watched FC in around a month. What happened in the past month?
    Loads and loads.

dogcat wrote: »

Robbie found his ma, Carol's da turned up, Dermish is maybe possibly but probably not dying, Ben refuses to feck off, Debbie had her tea leaves read by the old woman from the lotto ad, Sourpuss smiled once and the screen almost cracked, Oisín thinks he's a big club promoter, Wayne is a pain, a homeless man held several characters hostage over a few episodes and no one even questioned where they were, Hughie almost went back on the drink because of it but now seems more concerned about his niece getting the roide off the local mechanic, who is also lighting up the new sex mad Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

And it seems carol and robbie won't be able to get married as they are half brother and sister. As I said earlier . Loads and loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

The more and more I look at caddle I'm seeing 'panty bliss'. Maybe fair city is melting my head more than I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Raleighs Father Trigs is about as scary as a little puppy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Raleighs Father Trigs is about as scary as a little puppy

I think he got Botox on his facial expression, he speaks out the side of his frozen mouth like Popeye

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

The more and more I look at caddle I'm seeing 'panty bliss'. Maybe fair city is melting my head more than I thought.

Panti bliss? Yeah don't know where you getting that.

Is Hughie getting a kick out of Meeeeeeeeeeee Daaaaaaaaa and LoveHate

That ban garda actress is awful. Watch her. Her body language and the way she speaks. Its like she is meant to be in a comedic sketch show or she is like someone you'd see in Killinaskully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The actress who plays Carol is quite awful even by FC standards. When all she has to do is smoke and drink wine, shes barely tolerable but when she gets a story to sink her teeth into she plays it way too over-dramatic and starts baring her teeth and ending up looking unintentionally comic. And why are almost all of her stories family related? Yeah we get it she had a hard life and was raised by scumbags but oh look the girl done good. BORING :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement