Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Does Greasy think Caddie is a Virgin before meeting him
    I know Jack is a non entity and Lorcan Mcllroy is gone but he seemed shocked that ano ex prostitute and wife of a gangland boss had a few men in her life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Can we call Trigger, Dave?

Hi, Dave here. You don't need my permission to call him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

The actress who plays Carol is quite awful even by FC standards. When all she has to do is smoke and drink wine, shes barely tolerable but when she gets a story to sink her teeth into she plays it way too over-dramatic and starts baring her teeth and ending up looking unintentionally comic. And why are almost all of her stories family related? Yeah we get it she had a hard life and was raised by scumbags but oh look the girl done good. BORING :rolleyes:
    Don't get that. I thought she was brilliant last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

bazermc wrote: »
    Can we call Trigger, Dave?

I'm gonna call him Popeye, Dave

• Advertisement

Is Caoimhe still the hospital? And Orla must have died of the menopause.

Going on holidays tomorrow, will miss a week of FC, I'll be relying on the fantastic comedic writing skills of you lovely thread contributors to keep me up to speed!

Hi, Dave here. You don't need my permission to call him.

Cheers Rodney.

Is Caoimhe still the hospital? And Orla must have died of the menopause.

Going on holidays tomorrow, will miss a week of FC, I'll be relying on the fantastic comedic writing skills of you lovely thread contributors to keep me up to speed!

Jane :).

bazermc wrote: »
    Jane :).

Yes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Does Greasy think Caddie is a Virgin before meeting him
    I know Jack is a non entity and Lorcan Mcllroy is gone but he seemed shocked that ano ex prostitute and wife of a gangland boss had a few men in her life

One of the funniest storylines was she was elected Mayor of Carrigstown. This was after her gangland connections had been exposed and her businesses had been shut down by CAB :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Strazdas wrote: »
    One of the funniest storylines was she was elected Mayor of Carrigstown. This was after her gangland connections had been exposed and her businesses had been shut down by CAB :)

Caddle is great at the dramatic stuff but Jesus I really wish we could see her comedic side more. She was fantastic when she started working in the small shop with Christy and was supposed to be off the fags, but she was always trying to shneak one or five. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Only catching up on Thursday's episode now. Sweet mother of divine- continuity totally lacking as from the very start to the very end:

We started with Robbies opening line to Caddle asking her is she working from home. Does Caddle have an invisible office we've never seen before ??

Then at the very end we learn Carol's sister and mother are dead. They were junkies and od'ed a while back while trigger was inside. Hmmm funny Carol never heard any of this about months ago when she had her sister mind Jack !! Remember Caddle?? Flynn was on the prowl? ?

desbrook wrote: »

Then at the very end we learn Carol's sister and mother are dead. They were junkies and od'ed a while back while trigger was inside. Hmmm funny Carol never heard any of this about months ago when she had her sister mind Jack !! Remember Caddle?? Flynn was on the prowl? ?

Oh my god. Well spotted. That is actually ridiculous. They should be ashamed, scriptwriters clearly don't get a sh!t!!

Only catching up on Thursday's episode now. Sweet mother of divine- continuity totally lacking as from the very start to the very end:

We started with Robbies opening line to Caddle asking her is she working from home. Does Caddle have an invisible office we've never seen before ??

I'll be honest I don't remember that! I'll see if I can find some archive footage as IF that happened it is a top trumps find! It will give me an excuse to look over that glorious siege again and get some further eveidence against that bast$rd murdering reception desk.

Oh and this comedy scene! One of the funniest FC stills in such a long time! If you didnt know it was FC you genuinely couldnt but think its a comedy sketch, could you?!! Like, seriously, how can The Ram not see them!! or here them breathing, or muffling! Or even more unrealistic than everything else how can The Ram not sniff out a female so close!

I mean look the way the folder just happens to be standing upright and the files conveniently placed! Who leaves their financial documents in a damp cellar!!!

fair%20city%204.jpg

I don't remember her saying that but I do think that Trigger lied about their 'deaths'. I think Rose would've found out and told Carol or at least mentioned it in passing if it happened a long while ago.

youwould wrote: »
    I don't remember her saying that but I do think that Trigger lied about their 'deaths'. I think Rose would've found out and told Carol or at least mentioned it in passing if it happened a long while ago.

100% she had her sister mind Jack for a at least a week. Flynn ended up in the creche one day unannounced drawing a picture with Jack. Anyone remember?
    http://entertainment.ie/tv-soap-watch/Fair-City/372596.htm

Just reading back through the posts from that "Siege/Murdering Reception desk week"
    Some of the funniest sh1t ever on these FC threads! (in fairness though we had great material to work with!

Just seen I posted this that week, hope someone went into Greasy's invisible Bookies and threw a few quid on!

"Taking a vote for Tommys next conquest....

2/1 Stripey
    9/4 Carrie Crowley
    5/2 New Character
    4/1 Orla
    4/1 Niamh
    5/1 Heather
    11/2 Sasha
    6/1 Jane
    9/1 Farrah
    9/1 Judith
    14/1 Renee
    14/1 Kerri Ann
    20/1 Dolly
    20/1 Rachel
    25/1 Nina

100% she had her sister mind Jack for a at least a week. Flynn ended up in the creche one day unannounced drawing a picture with Jack. Anyone remember?

remember that alright. Not the sister bit but I'll take your word! I just never heard a mention EVER of Caddles sister!

Good old FC, kill off a possible decent character and a character's arrival that would make sense before she even entered the show! That is budget cutting right there!

Just reading back through the posts from that "Siege/Murdering Reception desk week"
    Some of the funniest sh1t ever on these FC threads! (in fairness though we had great material to work with!

Just seen I posted this that week, hope someone went into Greasy's invisible Bookies and threw a few quid on!

"Taking a vote for Tommys next conquest....

2/1 Stripey
    9/4 Carrie Crowley
    5/2 New Character
    4/1 Orla
    4/1 Niamh
    5/1 Heather
    11/2 Sasha
    6/1 Jane
    9/1 Farrah
    9/1 Judith
    14/1 Renee
    14/1 Kerri Ann
    20/1 Dolly
    20/1 Rachel
    25/1 Nina

Awe. You should of posted some of the funny stuff ;)

http://entertainment.ie/tv-soap-watch/Fair-City/372596.htm

I remember. Well I remembered when u reminded me. How much does each episode cost again??? Transition year students would do a better job. Like, different transition year students every single year would have better continuity that fair city writers!

• Advertisement

Awe. You should of posted some of the funny stuff ;)

Don't be bitter!!!

Here, read and weep, there is about 40 pages of gold! Some great comments in probably the most bizarre weeks of FC ever!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057371653&page=413

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/film-and-tv/fair-city-spoilers-debbies-last-6812743

Apologies everyone - Carol sent Jack to her cousin's. Still you'd think the cousin would have mentioned the situation? !?!?!

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/film-and-tv/fair-city-spoilers-debbies-last-6812743

Apologies everyone - Carol sent Jack to her cousin's. Still you'd think the cousin would have mentioned the situation? !?!?!

Caddle usually just sticks Jack into a taxi and delivers to the babysitter. No communication usually takes place directly.

But, well remembered, very close to the ball you were. I am saddened you were wrong though! There are some awful potential jokes that could be posted on the site from Jack being babysitted for a few weeks in such a scenario....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Why do you call her Caddle??

I don't see it when people say shes a great actress, I think shes very wooden and she is never given anything to do bar light up yet another fag and knock back a glass of wine then when she does get a storyline she makes a bags of it with her snarling and over-acting yelling etc.

Plus, she always seems to be in it! I don't recall her getting her 3 month break yet. Most FC characters head off for a while then come back, but she has been stinking up the joint for months now.

Kind of a strong north'side enunciation slagging. Juse say it to yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I'll be honest I don't remember that! I'll see if I can find some archive footage as IF that happened it is a top trumps find! It will give me an excuse to look over that glorious siege again and get some further eveidence against that bast$rd murdering reception desk.

Oh and this comedy scene! One of the funniest FC stills in such a long time! If you didnt know it was FC you genuinely couldnt but think its a comedy sketch, could you?!! Like, seriously, how can The Ram not see them!! or here them breathing, or muffling! Or even more unrealistic than everything else how can The Ram not sniff out a female so close!

I mean look the way the folder just happens to be standing upright and the files conveniently placed! Who leaves their financial documents in a damp cellar!!!

fair%20city%204.jpg

That photo is the funniest thing ever. Il never stop laughing at it. :D:D

Why do you call her Caddle??

It was Christy's pronunciation of Carol. Remember when she dated the solicitor, Farrell?

Caddle and Faddle. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 googleaddict

Can anyone tell me how rose knows caddies da,? Or what was the connection with Robbie all that time back where we all thought we was his Ma,

Also
    Is the Rams and stripes ya affair all over

Went to a comedy gig last week and who was the mc only Cathal spilane, had no idea he was a comedian, he's better at telling jokes than acting, judging by his material he has no faith in fair city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I can't recall the context but when Rose and Carol first met Rose asked her was she anything to the Foleys in some flats. As you do. It smacked a bit of an American asking you if you knew his family the Murphys in Cork....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The katie story line is getting real old now and they should just clear up what happened too her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement