Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

The katie story lone is getting real old now and they should just clear up what happened too her.

But then it wouldn't be FC............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I forget what Katie looks like at times. I have to squint when one of the countless posters is shown in the background to refresh my memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

bit of a beer belly growing on Emmet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Poor Carol.
    Sadly That storyline isvery realistic

Fair play, Caddle owned that scene, right down to the lighting of the fag. kudos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Fair play, Caddle owned that scene, right down to the lighting of the fag. kudos.

Yes it was acted excellently by her I thought.

Sad though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Just turned on,what was Carol telling Robbie?

500 Olympics references for the next fortnight.........

a month of that Barcelona sh1te and he doesn't even go! Christ, help me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,608 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Another siege?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Pop eye Dave is my new suspect for KT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Men's shed is back on

Eoghan stop looking for KT on Facebook

How can FC run with all these absolute garbage non stories then BOOM out nowhere drop something as serious and sad as Caddles story :( I hope they handle this properly, make a good story out of it and bring it to some sort of conclusion. I hope Greasy disappears Trigger

Maybe Robbie should start by barring Trigger from his pub

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Eoin to Tommy: 'When did you realise things were over between you and Judith?'
    Tommy: 'Hmmm...now that's a tough one. Maybe it was after I ran outta bored housewives to ride in Kilkenny and I forced the whole family to uproot to Dublin only to then hop into bed with the local accountants Missis. Or maybe it was when I told her have an affair with my brother while I was waiting in the wings only for him to perish in a fire saving me. Actually it might have been when I shot her new fella Bob in the shoulder after months of filming her every move. Now that I think of it, the final nail in the coffin was when I was carted off in a straight jacket to the local mental hospital....sure happens to us all at some stage eoin!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Yawn....so Carol had a tough life growing up and was possibly abused by her uncle. Didn't we already know this from the fact that her hard life has been at the centre of most of her storylines. She has no credibility as a character or actress it's always the same old same old story with her, change the bloody record.

Nora talking about her horrific experience giving up the baby for ten seconds was more captivating that however long this ridiculous storyline is going to pan out.

Yawn....so Carol had a tough life growing up and was possibly abused by her uncle. Didn't we already know this from the fact that her hard life has been at the centre of most of her storylines. She has no credibility as a character or actress it's always the same old same old story with her, change the bloody record.

Nora talking about her horrific experience giving up the baby for ten seconds was more captivating that however long this ridiculous storyline is going to pan out.

well thats harsh! Caddle has been one of the more interesting characters over the time!

And she is quiet a decent actress at times, very consistent character! ie, never fails to dump her son any old place !

Story will probably deteriorate but today was very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I'm afraid I disagree completely with that. Yes the whole Billy Meehan thing was quite good and well acted all round but since then her character has just turned into a non developed two dimensional joke! I mean why would someone like her who clearly has wandered from one place to the next even still be living in a small town like Carrickstown??
    In reality she would have been gone somewhere else to try and make it big, she's obviously ambitious and we the audience have to believe that someone like her is happy and settled drinking wine and smoking 200 fags a day whilst her greasy other half runs a nightclub. All the men in her life like Louis Christy etc are gone and no doubt in five years Greasy will be history and she will still be there pretending to cry and recounting dark childhood tales, boring!
    Nora in five minutes out acted Carol for her whole career there.

I don't particularly like Carol as an actress and she can do a very ugly mouth at times , very snarly .
    But obviously if she loves Robbie and lives with him why wouldn't she live in Carrigstown ? Also jack needs some stability in his life .....and lots of babysitters !

• Advertisement

I'm afraid I disagree completely with that. Yes the whole Billy Meehan thing was quite good and well acted all round but since then her character has just turned into a non developed two dimensional joke! I mean why would someone like her who clearly has wandered from one place to the next even still be living in a small town like Carrickstown??
    In reality she would have been gone somewhere else to try and make it big, she's obviously ambitious and we the audience have to believe that someone like her is happy and settled drinking wine and smoking 200 fags a day whilst her greasy other half runs a nightclub. All the men in her life like Louis Christy etc are gone and no doubt in five years Greasy will be history and she will still be there pretending to cry and recounting dark childhood tales, boring!
    Nora in five minutes out acted Carol for her whole career there.

When I said she was a good actress, I meant relatively speaking compared to others!
    Its not about being believable, I am just saying she has had some good stories over the years but the last 3 years have been droning with her!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

bit of a beer belly growing on Emmet.

Still good looking. He has a lovely smile.

Why is Oisin back? Why did he say the reason is for being back?

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Maybe Robbie should start by barring Trigger from his pub

hmmm, it will be difficult..............

tumblr_inline_nypzf1rVYL1qf0fwd_500.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If I hear Eoin say Katie one more time, I'll give him a bating myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

fin12 wrote: »
    Why is Oisin back? Why did he say the reason is for being back?

He claims he was just looking for a weekend away in Barcelona at Paul's expense (that's what he told Nicola anyway).

Strazdas wrote: »
    He claims he was just looking for a weekend away in Barcelona at Paul's expense (that's what he told Nicola anyway).

ya I saw that part, but what did he say to Paul?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

Fair city arn't very clear on whether or not Eoin has pleaded guilty offscreen to manslaughter ? I thought a few months ago that he had and they were saying they were hoping he would get a fine in october but now they are talking about him going on trial.

fin12 wrote: »
    ya I saw that part, but what did he say to Paul?

He claimed that he walked out of the job with Louise and then couldn't find a hotel room for him and Charlotte and had no choice but to return home.

• Advertisement

Fair city arn't very clear on whether or not Eoin has pleaded guilty offscreen to manslaughter ? I thought a few months ago that he had and they were saying they were hoping he would get a fine in october but now they are talking about him going on trial.

You cannot be "fined" for committing such a serious offence as manslaughter so they haven't researched that one very well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement