Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

? What do you mean? There is a poster called Grandeod, isnt there. He calls himself that as its his username!! Im confused why you brought him/her up or am I missing something!!

Ps I was only joking with the "bad day" comment.

Ha. I'm trying to joke as the poster you replied to says all we do is get names wrong and ask who is who. Sooooo I was asking who is who. I thought maybe no one would get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Ha. I'm trying to joke as the poster you replied to says all we do is get names wrong and ask who is who. Sooooo I was asking who is who. I thought maybe no one would get it!

ah, I see what you mean! That was very smart idea from you "Cliff Walker"! Execution was bad though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

People seem to spend more time getting names wrong or asking who is who on this thread then discussing the actual show
    That's nothing. Wait till they start asking who lives in which house/apt.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

sligojoek wrote: »
    That's nothing. Wait till they start asking who lives in which house/apt.
    :D

Or how the two storey becamea bungalow :D my personal fave

Probably the most interesting "storey" for the last few years! :D

• Advertisement

Probably the most interesting "storey" for the last few years! :D

Oh no you didn :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

Lets discuss Ciarans motive for killing katie, could it be an anti lesbian motive ? Will he kill another lesbian? Speaking of lesbians, whatever happened to the gym ?

Talking Bread has a hand made scale model of Carrigstown on his living room floor.

Lets discuss Ciarans motive for killing katie, could it be an anti lesbian motive ? Will he kill another lesbian? Speaking of lesbians, whatever happened to the gym ?
    If it's him and it's not a red herring, he has to be connected to Flynn RIP? or Cathal. If so, the cops would already know who he is. He didn't slide down on the last rainbow.

Talking Bread has a hand made scale model of Carrigstown on his living room floor.

no I don't..............................

it is a full scale model. I've just finished The Pod and need to now add LoveHates backstreet shed. i was raging when I burnt down the manshed only to find out this week it is seemigly indestructible and survived the onscreen fire so I had to pop down to B & Q and buy another one Monday.

• Advertisement

no I don't..............................

it is a full scale model. I've just finished The Pod and need to now add LoveHates backstreet shed. i was raging when I burnt down the manshed only to find out this week it is seemigly indestructible and survived the onscreen fire so I had to pop down to B & Q and buy another one Monday.

Is that you, Tommy?

Is that you, Tommy?

all i will say is.............................nice attic....... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

So it seems Eoghan has pleaded not guilty to manslaughter and there will be a trial. That's not what was said earlier this year though, he claimed he attended some sort of hearing, pleaded guilty and the sentencing would be in the autumn.

Strazdas wrote: »
    So it seems Eoghan has pleaded not guilty to manslaughter and there will be a trial. That's not what was said earlier this year though, he claimed he attended some sort of hearing, pleaded guilty and the sentencing would be in the autumn.

I recall he said "' I've been charged with manslaughter and the sentence hearing is in October." That was way back in February or March. the issue was why he didn't mention there would be a trial but I guess thats what he meant. Ie that the "sentencing" was his word for "trial" , I suppose it can be argued that the script was written to take into account Eoghan's everyday lingo.

The whole thing is a sham though. I really hope that reception desk doesn't get away with it. It is still sitting smugly in The Ballantyne getting polished and varnished everyday like some Greek God when we know what it really done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I recall he said "' I've been charged with manslaughter and the sentence hearing is in October." That was way back in February or March. the issue was why he didn't mention there would be a trial but I guess thats what he meant. Ie that the "sentencing" was his word for "trial" , I suppose it can be argued that the script was written to take into account Eoghan's everyday lingo.

The whole thing is a sham though. I really hope that reception desk doesn't get away with it. It is still sitting smugly in The Ballantyne getting polished and varnished everyday like some Greek God when we know what it really done.

If he said "sentence hearing", that could only mean he had pled guilty or been found guilty. Such a hearing would take place in front of a judge only.

Strazdas wrote: »

If he said "sentence hearing", that could only mean he had pled guilty or been found guilty. Such a hearing would take place in front of a judge only.

What I meant is that the writers wrote that script wording for Eoghan, taking into account his character and he is an everyday Joe and may not use the correct technical word. Essentially he used the word sentencing when referring to the trial and it's just a representation of his characters vocabulary! Although this is the FC writers........

Christ I am overthinking this! What am I like

Joke is no good when you have to explain it flippy floppy but nice one ....I got it ;)

Couldn't. Care. Less. Move on , I'm soooooo bored .:mad:

Eoghans guilty...of boring me to tears

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Who is Jim?

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Joke is no good when you have to explain it flippy floppy but nice one ....I got it ;)

Ha. I was thinking it's not a joke if u have to explain it...shoulda used multi quote! But I'm it wasn't totally in vain then if u got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭thesultan

Seems Farah will have to up the steaks in her romantic persuit. She will have to get some leathers and hop on his bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I got it too... for the record.

Ha. I was thinking it's not a joke if u have to explain it...shoulda used multi quote! But I'm it wasn't totally in vain then if u got it!

I got it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

How is Cathal Spillane wandering the streets a free man after his role in the siege, he even walks into his victims house to harass them when their daughter goes missing and they don't even call the guards yet Pat seems be locked up, never to be seen again. Eoghan is looking at a stretch for knocking his son/step son over mid seige in a bid to protect him. Crazy stuff! Is Rowdy Rammy Piper still in the Hotel attic? How has he no money? Did he not bag the seige money? Was there no money for him from the sale of his and Judy's gaff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    Who is Jim?

Bobs brother..

So what will be the dpps argument to the jury about eoin ? That he set out that day to cause serious harm to michael ? What will they say was his motive ?

So what will be the dpps argument to the jury about eoin ? That he set out that day to cause serious harm to michael ? What will they say was his motive ?

The charge is one of involuntary manslaughter which rests in the factors of recklessness and criminal negligence. The actions of Eoghan that night don't equate to anything near that level of culpability!

The case rests on Eoghan's recklessness in trying to apprehend a man that was holding his wife hostage and the fact that when Mumbles got involved, Eoghans arm seemed to brush against him in the scuffle and Mumbles' head banged against the reception desk.

That's precisely the issue at hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

So is Rachel leaving in real life for New York? I hope she brings Niamh with her. Say what you want about Paul but he really has to put up with one moany whingebag for a wife, always nagging him, always giving out. Any other man would have said "I'm off" ages ago and went for a separation, why he stays with her is beyond me.
    I hope Oisin stays, he still has some staying power in him and is 10 times more interesting than most of the cast!

• Advertisement

Where are the following characters supposed to be now Mick Mahoney ? Catriona Cassidy ? (not Ciara) Duncan Stonehouse ? Malacay Costello ? Emma Nicolson ? Stephen McCoy ? Myles Byrne ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement