Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

laylag wrote: »
    Lads I think it's time I made a confession.....

I got married last year and booked my wedding band based on the fact that The Ram otherwise known as Tommy Dillon was in it! Yes I know that makes me sad but thankfully they were brilliant!

And it was so funny seeing people trying to figure out where they knew him from! He was a great sport and posed with lots of my guests for pics.

A man of many talents!

That's brilliant! The ram at your wedding:)

Renee is scaring me what a bunny boiler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Lads I think it's time I made a confession.....

I got married last year and booked my wedding band based on the fact that The Ram otherwise known as Tommy Dillon was in it! Yes I know that makes me sad but thankfully they were brilliant!

And it was so funny seeing people trying to figure out where they knew him from! He was a great sport and posed with lots of my guests for pics.

A man of many talents!

Did he s**g the manageress of the hotel ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I had a great idea for a story... it's an extension of a couple of current storylines
    the mature amour with Jackie/Tommy and Bob/Renee
    and is something that has never been properly done by the soaps
    it has been hinted at but no action as it were
    and it would definitely bring Judith back from Africa... Why not have
    Bob/Renee/Tommy/Jackie swinging
    Debbie and Eoghan could be involved too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,608 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Renee is scaring me what a bunny boiler

And out of absolute nowhere another love triangle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

desbrook wrote:
    Did he s**g the manageress of the hotel ?

She did look very pleased with herself the next day now that I think about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Damo and Caoimhe - the most unlikely couple in soapland ever

Bob the snake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

amtc wrote: »
    You know this is very sad but I now watch Fair City while also keeping this thread open on my phone. My bb went down today and rather than worrying about uploading my work into SharePoint this hit me as an issue. I immediately booked 2 nights out over the weekend!

Anyway I am convinced that the writers read this. Someone mentioned no sign of the launderette and it popped up last night.

Now if any mention is made of Judith and her apparent not being in touch with her daughter is made or if she suddenly is...I know I'm right.

When is Katy's 3 months theatre thing up...anything to get rid of Ellie....

You're not alone

That's brilliant! The ram at your wedding:)

Jesus I'd keep one eye on me wife

• Advertisement

Do 3 lads in a garage need a manager? In no garage in Dublin would any mechanic take crap off a snot nose like Oisin. Ray is there his whole life would he not be a bit put out!

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

She did look very pleased with herself the next day now that I think about it!

Oh, please say she was illuminated like Yuletide Shrubbery.....

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

What time on average does the usual Carraigstown booze session kick off? 3pm? Carrie Crowley's fancy a late night? So a marathon 10 hour session? Half the town is in the pub and Dermo has the kids out on the street. FC does not by any stretch of the imagination represent any part of Dublin. Where is CT supposed to be? It's basically what appears to be a bunch of middle class people, not many actual Dubs living in tiny terraced gaffs on the North inner city

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Cormdogg wrote: »
    What time on average does the usual Carraigstown booze session kick off? 3pm? Carrie Crowley's fancy a late night? So a marathon 10 hour session? Half the town is in the pub and Dermo has the kids out on the street. FC does not by any stretch of the imagination represent any part of Dublin. Where is CT supposed to be? It's basically what appears to be a bunch of middle class people, not many actual Dubs living in tiny terraced gaffs on the North inner city

tiny outside, but GIANT inside!

Eg the mansion hotel otherwise known as the pod

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Are there really houses where you have to go through the living room to get to the kitchen? Seems daft!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

They should have just killed off dr Judy, are we really meant to believe that a middle aged woman goes off to volunteer in Africa for 6 months but decides to stay there for years ?

And not bother to get in touch or come home to see her first grandchild... ridiculous. Not a mention of Caoimhe's other siblings either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

youwould wrote: »

Are there really houses where you have to go through the living room to get to the kitchen? Seems daft!
    Yes...I live in one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I thought Oisins big master plan was to fleece Paul so why is he going around trying to sabotage all his businesses and Paul the big shot businessman hires a clown that has no experience to run his garage, the whole thing is so annoying at this stage. He's insufferable and can Rachel not just record him saying something incriminating and finish this bloody story.

I always find the scenes with Caoimhe and Damien so cringey, they just don't come across like a genuine couple like there's something forced between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

fin12 wrote: »
    can Rachel not just record him saying something incriminating and finish this bloody story.

Or resume her plan of going to Barcelona...wait doesnt she want to go to Sydney to get something off piearce...maybe she should go there...anywhere but here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Did they loose the garage set or what? It's a bit silly playing out Oisín's master plan of dropping Doug in it all from the Pod. No jag in sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Or resume her plan of going to Barcelona...wait doesnt she want to go to Sydney to get something off piearce...maybe she should go there...anywhere but here.

I think Pearse still owes her that tenner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ya but by, leaving she lets him win plus she would also come back to no. Business. You couldn't leave when there's a Pycho like that hanging around.

It's the oisin show nows so boring,I thought he had potential now he's just an annoying brat.
    Spar is some hub though,that passive aggressive guy Ama is trying to meet for drinks really bugs me... his poor me rude bad attitude
    Boring old week overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Wonder what was the bad smell coming from the storeroom that got up Kerryanne's nose.

Why does Paul say the businesses are half and half between Rachel and Oisin. What if Calum comes back and what about Ruthy, isn't she entitled to her 1/4 share when she grows up.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Wonder what was the bad smell coming from the storeroom that got up Kerryanne's nose.

Why does Paul say the businesses are half and half between Rachel and Oisin. What if Calum comes back and what about Ruthy, isn't she entitled to her 1/4 share when she grows up.
    Tis a body......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Tis a body......

That would be a conclusion to the Katy debacle we wouldn't expect.

The more I think of it, the more I think (and hope) that Ciaran and all the not-so-subtle pointers towards him is actually a red herring and that in reality Tommy harmed/kidnapped/killed Katy...
    His mental seemed to be cured fairly quickly - without even a hint of a relapse, he's prone to violence if someone stands in the way of what he wants... He's starting to feel guilty now which is why he's trying to keep Debbie at arms length but trying to befriend Eoghan..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Damo and Caoimhe - the most unlikely couple in soapland ever

Yes, there seems to be zero attraction between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

fuxake how many plugs can you get for Billy Elliot in one show ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

Why hasn't Zak Dillon come up to see his niece?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Why hasn't Zak Dillon come up to see his niece?

That's nothing - Caoimhe has no idea where her dad is living for the last two to three months at least ! She sees him every day virtually but has never twigged !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement