Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

youwould wrote: »
    Are there really houses where you have to go through the living room to get to the kitchen? Seems daft!

Yes. Plenty thank you very much. Not all of us have fancy house that have halls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

bazermc wrote: »
    Yes. Plenty thank you very much. Not all of us have fancy house that have halls.

I never thought of my house as 'fancy'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

happyday wrote: »

knock down the wall between the kitchen and the living room and your house will be seen to be very upwardly mobile, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Or if you have an upstairs, knock it down and you have a bungalow - just like Bob's!

happyday wrote: »

If it has a hall it is :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I'm now very mixed up...I have a Hall and a living room that leads into a kitchen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

amtc wrote: »
    I'm now very mixed up...I have a Hall and a living room that leads into a kitchen

Don't judge your gaff, based on a silly soap with ****ty sets.:D

amtc wrote: »

la-dee-da.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

Yeah how did tommy end up homeless without anyone noticing ? Where was he meant to be living after being released from the mental hospital ?

Yeah how did tommy end up homeless without anyone noticing ? Where was he meant to be living after being released from the mental hospital ?

he lived with Caoimhe and Neckless for a while afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I think Tommy's place is secure in the Balintine attic, now that Jackie a on site 'handyman' ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

he lived with Caoimhe and Neckless for a while afaik.

Exactly! Firstly we never saw him move. Secondly when he did Damien would surely have helped him move as he has the van. They would have at least known where he went. He did go somewhere though because he said to Jackie that he was somewhere but couldn't keep up with the rent.

Ther reality is though Tommy living in the hotel is only for two reasons - it saves the cost of a set and it suits this " Ramackie" story!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

desbrook wrote: »
    Exactly! Firstly we never saw him move. Secondly when he did Damien would surely have helped him move as he has the van. They would have at least known where he went. He did go somewhere though because he said to Jackie that he was somewhere but couldn't keep up with the rent.

Ther reality is though Tommy living in the hotel is only for two reasons - it saves the cost of a set and it suits this " Ramackie" story!

Ramackie? A think a better phrase for Jackie and the Ram is "Jam"!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Why hasn't Zak Dillon come up to see his niece?

He's Aunt Kitty's carer and he's running the farm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

desbrook wrote: »

He moved into a B&B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

He moved into a B&B

The irony is he's Rammy McPhee now ! Why isn't he looking to move back in with Caoimhe and Damo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Does Ama live in the pig??

The Ram, he really is a legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f off. The character of Don Paulioni is just a parody of himself now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 googleaddict

Fair city manages to forget every single storyline and character traits ever but they couldn't forget to put in caoibhe leaking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I like Doug am always sure to hang out in my boss's kitchen on a Sunday morning. FFS! And like Decco I wouldnt be too impressed if my girlfriend offered the guy who is an accountant who is cleaning her work uniforms for her, for me to mind his children. Does Jenny Dixon the "actress" that plays Kerrianne talk like that in real life?

Does Ama live in the pig??

Yea but she's moving in with Damo and Caoimhe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Does Jenny Dixon the "actress" that plays Kerrianne talk like that in real life?

I can confirm that she does.

You thought she was an actress, didn't you?:D

f off. The character of Don Paulioni is just a parody of himself now.

Its a joke, why would The Don buy every word Oisin tells him when he is repeatedly found out to be BSing. Can Doug not stand up for himself, there's other jobs out there. Paul shouldve disowned after that absolute psychotic carrying with Jane. Remember Jane? We need Oisin to mess with LoveHate, he's the only person that might give him a box.

I wonder if Carrie Crowley can have a coffee in a 4th venue by the end of this epsiode? The Pig, Vinos, The Community Centre and..........? Its great Renee decided to discuss everything in public infront of Gripey. Embarrassing.....for the writers

Cormdogg wrote: »
    I like Doug am always sure to hang out in my boss's kitchen on a Sunday morning. FFS! And like Decco I wouldnt be too impressed if my girlfriend offered the guy who is an accountant who is cleaning her work uniforms for her, for me to mind his children. Does Jenny Dixon the "actress" that plays Kerrianne talk like that in real life?

I met Doug in a bar years ago. He was collecting glasses and was telling me at the time he wasnt getting paid much (naturally) as he featured f' all. Anyway, his real life persona is exact same, right down to the head jerks! Was only speaking to him for 2 minutes but he seemed sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

"It's over between Jacki and I."

That should be "it's over between Jacki and me."

Tut tut Bob.

Big news. Looks like Paul Brennan sitting at the other end of the kitchen table.

"It's over between Jacki and I."

That should be "it's over between Jacki and me."

Tut tut Bob.

Jackie and I is a legitimate sentence structure I'm pretty sure ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

bazermc wrote: »
    Big news. Looks like Paul Brennan sitting at the other end of the kitchen table.

I knew something was off there. I just couldn't put my finger on it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

How did Paul know that Doug would be in the Pig when he went to confront him? He literally went from house to Hungry Pig in lightning time.
    Also at the breakfast table in the first scene Rachel could have sat anywhere to eat at that gigantic table or even took her breakfast away but no... Where does she decide to sit? RIGHT NEXT TO OISIN, her bitter nemesis. That makes sense 🙄

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement