Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Jesus so you can't let kids out of the house now without them running off into town. How did Sir Charles transport across the to put his hands on Dermish? Christ Hayley has an annoying face.

Jesus Bob has to go home to that? Get out of there, these crazy women are NOT your problem

Hughie spilled the water all over to good coffee table

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Noooo dermot. ..don't be a creep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Dermot is actually quiet a nasty piece of work

He has been completely out of character lately, angry wise, but he is completely legitimate on this one.

he is not the one who has abandoned her daughter without any explanation to her husband who she left on great terms just because she found someone willing to, well you know.

Would you not be irritated the fact your sick son is on the other side of the world and you now may face the situation of never seeing him again! Never mind the fact she has completely abandoned her daughter (i know its adopted daughter btw) And not even had the decency to explain to him!!

If there is ONE thing the character of Jo isn't its a coward or afraid to speak her mind. She would have no issue explaining herself to Dermot, esp with young kids stuck in the middle.
    Also nice of neither of them to query how is Ben/Zoe??

This is a complete mess of a story!! (even Fair City standards!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Does anyone have the foggiest of what Hayley and Eskimo boy are dealing with and talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

walshb wrote: »
    Does anyone have the foggiest of what Hayley and Eskimo boy are dealing with and talking about?

Oh good, I thought I was the only one!

Hayley is so smarmy and a bit cartoonish. Don't think anybody in real life could transport themselves like she does, or at least I haven't met anybody. Can't put my finger on it, is she over acting, or what?

Hayley is so smarmy and a bit cartoonish. Don't think anybody in real life could transport themselves like she does, or at least I haven't met anybody. Can't put my finger on it, is she over acting, or what?

Spot on. Her character is like something out of a cartoon. Weird. Nothing human about her.

Is Emmet just Mondo with more clothes on???????

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭musicmania

Memo to Emmet- no man EVER wears their scarf like that, all loose and billowy. That is strictly a female thing- sort it out!

I was in a restaurant in Dublin this evening, and who did I see looking at the menu outside, but Emmet, and he was wearing his scarf. :D

I had to search the old thread for this comment I had remembered seeing about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Yeah, you're spot on there, Bottle, whenever she's talking to someone she has a smarmy look on her face.... I don't normally use this word but she's a **** and I don't see why all the guys are attracted to her.

musicmania wrote: »
    I was in a restaurant in Dublin this evening, and who did I see looking at the menu outside, but Emmet, and he was wearing his scarf. :D

I had to search the old thread for this comment I had remembered seeing about it!

Haha... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

As bad as hayley is she's a breath of fresh air from jane and orla chronic bores

As bad as hayley is she's a breath of fresh air from jane and orla chronic bores

No, don't get. She's the most predictable character in it. Very unrealistic!

When is Yvonne coming back. If she is even. She is badly missed.I see she starred in a recent episode of Doctors (the soap) so nice to see she has aspirations for her career unlike Brian Murray who is just happy with a handy paycheck.

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Plleeeeease someone explain the Rob/Renne living arrangement to me?

I think Renne was a lodger with Bob before Heather arrived back..... Even so, they carry on like they're partners, Bob shouldn't be getting involved with their family issues.

walshb wrote: »
    No, don't get. She's the most predictable character in it. Very unrealistic!

precisely!! Same plots over and over again with her! I genuinely switch off when she appears on screen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,456 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The actors who play Bob and Renee are a couple off screen, maybe he is staying on the show and in Dublin for her

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The actors who play Bob and Renee are a couple off screen, maybe he is staying on the show and in Dublin for her

Brian Murray could easily get a role in something like Game of Thrones. He has that mysterious cunning sinisterness about him. Would make a great villain character. So sad to see him brushing streets and flipping burgers!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

How about Fair City the musical?

Emmet to Hayley 'I got the skills, you got the stock, let's make lots of money.....' A la The Pet Shop Boys.

Dermot could do a heart rending version of 'Bring him home' from les Mis.

Jane to Wayne...'don't cha wish your girlfriend/wife was hot like me?'

Could be an improvement on current proceedings!

• Advertisement

laylag wrote: »
    How about Fair City the musical?

Emmet to Hayley 'I got the skills, you got the stock, let's make lots of money.....' A la The Pet Shop Boys.

Dermot could do a heart rending version of 'Bring him home' from les Mis.

Jane to Wayne...'don't cha wish your girlfriend/wife was hot like me?'

Could be an improvement on current proceedings!

They could sing "Baby Jane" for Jane's 40th. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

liam7831 wrote: »
    Farrah looking well tonight

Aye, she's a fair roide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,802 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There's often bing characters in soaps that I originally hated and grew to like. However I haven't got to like Hayley or Emmet one little bit and can't see it happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Is 'you could sell cake to superman' a real phrase?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Is 'you could sell cake to superman' a real phrase?

Think it was 'a cape'...but yea never heard it either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

At least that makes sense! Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Dermot is actually quiet a nasty piece of work

In fairness his wife has had more pricks than a second hand dartboard.

Cape / cake, what's the difference.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,456 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The writers should have done a rape storyline with one of Hughie's mates and Jane, give Jane a new direction instead of being the maneater blackmailer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Omg that extras clothes were hideous, a horrible mustard coloured jumper, the fella waiting to meet Hailey and Emmett.

All jo seems to do is hang up the phone..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement