Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Does ANY character who only comes in temporarily actually go away when they say they are going :rolleyes:
    Meredith said she was only staying a week and she is still here and no doubt her mate Candi will also hang around indefinitely. Very annoying when that happens, why do they bother writing the temporary part when clearly these characters aren't going anywhere. Ditto Zumo and Denzo. Last week Decco was all guns blazing about them only staying 2 nights then "Back to Spain with ye" and here we are 2 weeks on and the 2 wasters are sitting there peddling drugs and playing videogames and now Decco has turned from lion to mouse. I was hoping he was just going to grab Zumo throw him out and then throw his belongings away but no, a little fake-gangster stare is enough to get Decco to back down and here we are stuck with them for the foreseeable...

I don't blame Paul one bit for having an affair with Farrah, that moanbag hes married to does nothing but pick at him and give out 24/7. I would have stabbed her weeks ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

fair city as subtle as a brick to the face with a storyline as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Is there a increase in gravity in Carraigstown that pulls the head of any male over 20 down to the ground?

RKF wrote: »
    Denzo wants to go to Bray!

As if the Guards are actively looking for him, who'd recognize him? Apart from a conveniently timed John Deegan

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Is there a increase in gravity in Carraigstown that pulls the head of any male over 20 down to the ground?

Damien has suffered "over gravity" for years now, he must know every crack in the pavements by now.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Has Decco ever looked menacing in any of the 1000 scenes where he's tried to be hard?

Not easy when you're 5 foot nothing

The sound effects guy earned his money today "click click"

Farrah's been out in the sun, why is her hair that color? To match René?

If that Deco v Zumo was an "act off" Zumo won

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

desbrook wrote: »
    Niamh and Hughie . You heard it here first !

3 days later and its all beginning to take shape - Niamh and Hughie, Farrah and Paul. The Phelan/Brennan love square will be fun !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

We are seeing the real side of CIaran now, his mask is slipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

and so begins The Don and Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa affair

Followed by yet another Brennan sprog :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

What the story with Denzo and this woman he supposedly buried somewhere? I don't remember it happening in storyline and Denzo doesn't come across as someone who would be capable of such an act Obviously Charlotte was the one who killed Paddy Bishop unless the blame was put on him?, Zumo on the other hand I'd believe more likely capable of anything dastardly he was fairly menacing tonight

Does ANY character who only comes in temporarily actually go away when they say they are going :rolleyes:
    Meredith said she was only staying a week and she is still here and no doubt her mate Candi will also hang around indefinitely. Very annoying when that happens, why do they bother writing the temporary part when clearly these characters aren't going anywhere. Ditto Zumo and Denzo. Last week Decco was all guns blazing about them only staying 2 nights then "Back to Spain with ye" and here we are 2 weeks on and the 2 wasters are sitting there peddling drugs and playing videogames and now Decco has turned from lion to mouse. I was hoping he was just going to grab Zumo throw him out and then throw his belongings away but no, a little fake-gangster stare is enough to get Decco to back down and here we are stuck with them for the foreseeable...

I don't blame Paul one bit for having an affair with Farrah, that moanbag hes married to does nothing but pick at him and give out 24/7. I would have stabbed her weeks ago!

But who actually owns the house? Is it viveenes, the grandmother, deccos?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

What the story with Denzo and this woman he supposedly buried somewhere? I don't remember it happening in storyline and Denzo doesn't come across as someone who would be capable of such an act Obviously Charlotte was the one who killed Paddy Bishop unless the blame was put on him?, Zumo on the other hand I'd believe more likely capable of anything dastardly he was fairly menacing tonight

Sarah died when she was arguing with Barry O'Hanlon in his house and fell and hit her head off the coffee table. Barry then coerced Denzo into helping him bury her body in the Wicklow mountains. Barry's in prison and Denzo fled to Spain. It was back when Fair City used to be good. Pre Dancing Donna and Shifty LoveHate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/fair-city/spoilers/a314601/barry-is-involved-in-a-tragic-accident/

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/fair-city/spoilers/a316905/barry-and-denzo-visit-sarahs-grave/

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/fair-city/spoilers/a315842/barry-and-denzo-continue-to-struggle/

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/fair-city/spoilers/a337118/barry-is-charged-with-sarahs-murder/

021_c3b875bdd1822ef60f56712a2bf5b0213ff65870.jpg

neasa2.jpg

Last Photo, nothing to do with Denzo but its been a while since it was on the thread! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

MelanieC wrote: »

Sarah died when she was arguing with Barry O'Hanlon in his house and fell and hit her head off the coffee table. Barry then coerced Denzo into helping him bury her body in the Wicklow mountains. Barry's in prison and Denzo fled to Spain. It was back when Fair City used to be good. Pre Dancing Donna and Shifty LoveHate...
    That was good. ???

Barry killed Sarah and I think Denzo walked in to Barry house and saw Sarah's body and Barry was able to blackmail Denzo into moving and burying the body with him not sure what he blackmailed him about, think maybe he was going to tell the cops that he was involved in her murder.

Yeah, it was a good story. Barry and Denzo were like chalk and cheese but their scenes together were great in the aftermath as they coped with the secret

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

That was good. ???

Yeah it was a really good storyline,dark and intriguing, well scripted and well acted.
    Certainly beats the "Where's my money/Give me my money" and "I'm going to Barcelona/I'm not going to Barcelona" ones we've had in more recent times!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

Ok it's probably pointless asking this here because most posters here don't seem to have very long fair city memories ... Does anyone remember those weird fair city spin offs that aird back in the early to mid 00s ? Basically a bunch of never seen before (or again) characters would take over for a week for a once of storyline. Most of them were gangland crime related but one was about a girl in Carrigstown secondary school who committed suicide, I think she was being abused by her father who was a prison officer?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Kilkenny lost.got the hiding of a lifetime by Tipperary

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

MelanieC wrote: »

Thanks I remember it well now just forgot her name and who could forget Barry O'Hanlon one of the better characters back then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Ok it's probably pointless asking this here because most posters here don't seem to have very long fair city memories ... Does anyone remember those weird fair city spin offs that aird back in the early to mid 00s ? Basically a bunch of never seen before (or again) characters would take over for a week for a once of storyline. Most of them were gangland crime related but one was about a girl in Carrigstown secondary school who committed suicide, I think she was being abused by her father who was a prison officer?

You must be as old as me Cliff! I do remember them. I think they did them in the summer because the show didn't run then. I remember that story. I think they came into the show after that and his character was changed (that would never happen now!) and he was Tracey's partner and his daughter went out with Dean I think. I think his true colours came through again though and he was abusive to Tracey. They lived in Bob's bungalow if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

happyday wrote: »
    You must be as old as me Cliff! I do remember them. I think they did them in the summer because the show didn't run then. I remember that story. I think they came into the show after that and his character was changed (that would never happen now!) and he was Tracey's partner and his daughter went out with Dean I think. I think his true colours came through again though and he was abusive to Tracey. They lived in Bob's bungalow if I remember correctly.

You're combining two different story lines there. In one of the spin-off story lines there was a girl who was doing the leaving who couldn't cope with the pressure and committed suicide. Then there was Tracy's husband Dominic who used to beat her up and he also beat up his teenage daughter Kylie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

youwould wrote: »
    You're combining two different story lines there. In one of the spin-off story lines there was a girl who was doing the leaving who couldn't cope with the pressure and committed suicide. Then there was Tracy's husband Dominic who used to beat her up and he also beat up his teenage daughter Kylie.

I thought Tracey just went out with Dominic ? She was a great character. Even went out with Deegan.Sorely missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

youwould wrote: »

My mistake. I thought they came in through one of those spin offs. The story sticks in my memory so it must have been good. It's more like slapstick comedy now sometimes.

Spoiler for this week:
    Stella applies for a job at the Ballintine but Debbie bins the application, Stella finds out and in the ensuing argument, Stella accuses her of being to blame for Katy going missing because of her "dirty love affair"....and all the while Love Hate (Ciaran) hears every word of their argument.

Hmm...interesting. :eek:

Spoiler for this week:
    Stella applies for a job at the Ballintine but Debbie bins the application, Stella finds out and in the ensuing argument, Stella accuses her of being to blame for Katy going missing because of her "dirty love affair"....and all the while Love Hate (Ciaran) hears every word of their argument.

Hmm...interesting. :eek:

Meh, far from interesting! Of course
    Love Hate
    hears. You say
    Katy
    and he comes like a magnet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I remember a week or two of Fair City back in the mid 2000's during the Summer. At the time Mondo was going out with Laureen McAleer or they might have just being friends. Then their were a few of Laureen's friends introduced. There was Jake, Finn, Avril and Emmet. It was during the Celtic Tiger and they were boom twenty something year olds living life to the full.
    They were involved in dodgy property deals and offshore accounts. They was a house party and Jake killed Finn and it was witnessed by Mondo. Finn's body was found in a pool. I think Finn had some kind of drug addiction/death and Jake didn't want people to know.
    Mondo had to leave the country in fear of his life and Seamus(Laureen's farther) gave him some money to help him. His last scene at the time involved Carol making him aware his life was at risk. I remember Carol revered her car into Seamus's house and she opened the back door at they pretended they were putting a box in the back of the car and Mondo snuck out behind Carol/Seamus and got into the car. His last scene was at the airport.

I remember another story about a foreign prostitute and she drove a BMW 5 Series and she lived in a big house and she knew more than she was letting on about some criminal case because she was afraid. She kept on getting the Nanny/Cleaner to answer to door to the Gardai and the truth came out in the end!(not overly site about this one)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement