Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Meh, far from interesting! Of course
    Love Hate
    hears. You say
    Katy
    and he comes like a magnet.

It puts Stella back in the picture though and if nothing else why would Ciaran even be at the Ballintine...never saw him there once.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,785 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paul is going to get
    jiggy with either Farrah or Hayley

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Paul is going to get
    jiggy with either Farrah or Hayley

I'd say Hayley would be up for an 'ol affair and turn the whole thing to her advantage. She and Paul are like two peas from the same pod. Very ambitious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I remember a week or two of Fair City back in the mid 2000's during the Summer. At the time Mondo was going out with Laureen McAleer or they might have just being friends. Then their were a few of Laureen's friends introduced. There was Jake, Finn, Avril and Emmet. It was during the Celtic Tiger and they were boom twenty something year olds living life to the full.
    They were involved in dodgy property deals and offshore accounts. They was a house party and Jake killed Finn and it was witnessed by Mondo. Finn's body was found in a pool. I think Finn had some kind of drug addiction/death and Jake didn't want people to know.
    Mondo had to leave the country in fear of his life and Seamus(Laureen's farther) gave him some money to help him. His last scene at the time involved Carol making him aware his life was at risk. I remember Carol revered her car into Seamus's house and she opened the back door at they pretended they were putting a box in the back of the car and Mondo snuck out behind Carol/Seamus and got into the car. His last scene was at the airport.

I remember another story about a foreign prostitute and she drove a BMW 5 Series and she lived in a big house and she knew more than she was letting on about some criminal case because she was afraid. She kept on getting the Nanny/Cleaner to answer to door to the Gardai and the truth came out in the end!(not overly site about this one)

What a great memory you have!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

It puts Stella back in the picture though and if nothing else why would Ciaran even be at the Ballintine...never saw him there once.

I didn't know the Ballintine was hiring clowns!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,330 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Ok it's probably pointless asking this here because most posters here don't seem to have very long fair city memories ... Does anyone remember those weird fair city spin offs that aird back in the early to mid 00s ? Basically a bunch of never seen before (or again) characters would take over for a week for a once of storyline. Most of them were gangland crime related but one was about a girl in Carrigstown secondary school who committed suicide, I think she was being abused by her father who was a prison officer?

Yeah, I remember them- and yeah, they never turned up again. The girl doing the LEaving Cert was date raped, then committed suicide. And the guy who did it was trying to cover up the rape while she was alive, and got her friend or a girl who fancied him to help out. She left a diary, detailing what happened, but it was his word againt hers. I think they moved him to another school, never to be seen again. IT was lame.
    Similarly, there was one involving gangs, Kay and Malachy (that was one thing that they always included at least two regular FC characters in order to sort of keep it relevant).
    Anyway, Kay and MAlachy were trying to keep a fellow off the streets, and he got shot or something. Those one offs bored me, so I don't remember.
    Then there was an abuse storyline involving a priest who could come forward and name anotehr who had been abusing the brother of a gardai. That brother took his own life. But he was wrestling with his conscience about it. That one starred Anna Manahan.
    They did a part two of that as well, It involved the priest dying before testifying, and I think there ws damning evidence that he had, that they were trying to find cos of statutes of limitations or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Yeah, I remember them- and yeah, they never turned up again. The girl doing the LEaving Cert was date raped, then committed suicide. And the guy who did it was trying to cover up the rape while she was alive, and got her friend or a girl who fancied him to help out. She left a diary, detailing what happened, but it was his word againt hers. I think they moved him to another school, never to be seen again. IT was lame.
    Similarly, there was one involving gangs, Kay and Malachy (that was one thing that they always included at least two regular FC characters in order to sort of keep it relevant).
    Anyway, Kay and MAlachy were trying to keep a fellow off the streets, and he got shot or something. Those one offs bored me, so I don't remember.
    Then there was an abuse storyline involving a priest who could come forward and name anotehr who had been abusing the brother of a gardai. That brother took his own life. But he was wrestling with his conscience about it. That one starred Anna Manahan.
    They did a part two of that as well, It involved the priest dying before testifying, and I think there ws damning evidence that he had, that they were trying to find cos of statutes of limitations or something.

I remember the ones with the priests and Anna Manahan as their housekeeper Ursula. TP McKenna was also in it.

Those spin-offs were a bit random but I liked most of them. However, it was slightly annoying that once you'd get into the storylines, they'd be over!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Move over Ram, you have a challenger to your crown :

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Strazdas wrote: »

Yawn. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Strazdas wrote: »

Im actually looking forward to that story line, he was well overdue an affair at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,785 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Paul and Hughie were supposedly good mates before

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

bazermc wrote: »
    I didn't know the Ballintine was hiring clowns!!

Where have you been? The manager is a clown who didn't know that the handyman was living upstairs for months. The handyman is another clown who cant operate the lock on the door when entertaining the latest string in his bow, not to mention Laura who cant run a gym without getting sick in the reception bin.

Place is full of clowns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Wayne's a great character! Consistently a doofus! I am liking his uneasiness around the yank last few days!

I wish the American lady was staying :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Does anyone see Paul and Farrah having an affair in the future.

Paul and Niamh are fighting over anything. Whereas, Paul and Farrah are getting very friendly lately. All these types of friendships lead to affairs in fair city.

Edit: as i was writing this, they were breaking up.

The Raptor wrote: »
    Does anyone see Paul and Farrah having an affair in the future.

Paul and Niamh are fighting over anything. Whereas, Paul and Farrah are getting very friendly lately. All these types of friendships lead to affairs in fair city.

Edit: as i was writing this, they were breaking up.

ah thats old news! The moment Paul approached Meeeeeeeeeeeee Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa last week and had a little row with her, it was inevitable it was the beginning of their affair plot!

#SubtleCity

what??????????? She invites him for a drink and then they are going driving later!

Deeeeeeeeegannnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Oh jesus Christ. ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

What the absolute **** am I watching?

what time of day is it meant to be??? Itss daylight in the garage and the MCoys scenes are focused around the idea its nighttime!

• Advertisement

If you make a living in Vegas, why would you come to Dublin? Somebody explain that one for me.

puke.

Jennifer Carrigston my ar£e

And so it begins.

....This literally awful awful episode. .cannot cope the cringe of the doug story
    Heh heh what a hound paul is...

Ohh

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

And so it begins.

The scriptwriters are underpaid :rolleyes:

I knew this was gonna happen. I can write the script.

I can ....hahaha brilliant

The Don hoovering the face off Meeeeeeeeeeee Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

How ridiculos is it that Farrah would even entertain the idea of Don Paulioni after his behaviour the last week. She seems like the only one with a bit of morals in the town

• Advertisement

The Raptor wrote: »
    I knew this was gonna happen. I can write the script.

i think we all said it a week ago!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement