Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

MelanieC wrote: »
    She does seem quite aggressive for no real reason. Not the best personality for a hotel receptionist!

God, her and that murdering reception desk would tear lumps out of eachother if they worked together

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

Ha ha Zumo taking the hundred fron Oisin. Oisin is getting his comeupance!

threetrees wrote: »
    Ha ha Zumo taking the hundred fron Oisin. Oisin is getting his comeupance!

sorry that was ridiculous! Made no sense! Sure he knows about denzo now, he could blackmail for ten times that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

people judging her demeanour and lack of empathy or social skills! Was it really necessary to blackmail a woman whose child is missing into giving her a job the first time you see her since her going missing!
    Being gay, she probably doesnt understand how irresistible The ram is to be fair though.

One raise of the ram's eybrows and she's his.

The writing has improved a fair bit with a lot of quotables...

my favourite was the interaction between Paul and Chewie..
    Paul: "and while yer thinking about it...A Woine, A point and an Oringe"

Oisin's writing and acting is great.. Paul's falling apart... Oisin grabs popcorn and literally watches.

What's the deal with Nicola... I missed a part a few months ago... is she plotting something against Paul with Oisin?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

These last two episodes have had(well maybe i pointed out stuff) me and my sisters laughing at FC.

I dont think ive laughed as much as Wednesday episode, where in the background you could see an extra in SPAR;
    Reach for "cream crackers" very slowly
    Then slowly put them back down
    And, yes put them back on the shelf.
    And beside her, there was some lady reading Uncle Bens's labels..

Seems trival, but it made me laugh:)

• Advertisement

Scram wrote: »
    These last two episodes have had(well maybe i pointed out stuff) me and my sisters laughing at FC.

I dont think ive laughed as much as Wednesday episode, where in the background you could see an extra in SPAR;

oh trust me its not!! Its a frequent joke on here the zombie like activity of the Spars customers standing at the aisles (mainly the mineral shelf we see) staring at the product and then slowly picking one up, staring at it and then slowly putting it down and starting the process again!!

In fairness though you would hear some gossip standing around that shop the way every bit of dirty laundry is aired.

ellie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

oh trust me its not!! Its a frequent joke on here the zombie like activity of the Spars customers standing at the aisles (mainly the mineral shelf we see) staring at the product and then slowly picking one up, staring at it and then slowly putting it down and starting the process again!!

In fairness though you would hear some gossip standing around that shop the way every bit of dirty laundry is aired.

ellie.jpg

The fizzy drink section is the most popular in the shop.

fin12 wrote: »
    The fizzy drink section is the most popular in the shop.

there is nearly a queue to get there. That ould lad behind your man who is intensely staring at the swiss roll looks pretty pi$$ed off he can't get by him to stare at some fizzy orange

there is nearly a queue to get there. That ould lad behind your man who is intensely staring at the swiss roll looks pretty pi$$ed off he can't get by him to stare at some fizzy orange

Ya haha but it's a hard choice choosing between fizzy orange, juice or cordial.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

The other night I saw an extra pick up a box or packet of something, stare at it for approx. 5 seconds and then put it back on the shelf behind all the other items. I got a good laugh out of it. :D

• Advertisement

i meant as with watching the show as it was testing any remaining bit of sanity, that why I said to keep me updated! I envisage abandoning the thread is not an option though.

;)

Ha ha I was falling around laughing too! It was like "slo mo" everything! Who reads the back of a packet of crackers, fizzy drinks REALLY slowly and then REALLY slowly put them back on the shelf? Why buys all their shopping in Spar anyway? It's the kinda shop you grab something and rush out - it's not like doing your weekly shop in Tesco where sometimes you might read labels. It's so mad - the place is always full of people with baskets of shopping!! :D

I remember when I was working in Supervalu, I was stacking the shelf up a bit from where the jars of jams were and the jams were stacked up on top of each other and for some reason this customer instead of taking the one on top he pulled the jar from underneath so the top jar came flying off smashing to the floor and after it had smashed to the floor he just just kicked it underneath the shelf and went on his way. so strange .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

fin12 wrote:
    I remember when I was working in Supervalu, I was stacking the shelf up a bit from where the jars of jams were and the jams were stacked up on top of each other and for some reason this customer instead of taking the one on top he pulled the jar from underneath so the top jar came flying off smashing to the floor and after it had smashed to the floor he just just kicked it underneath the shelf and went on his way. so strange .

They should so incorporate that into a scene - Paul flirting with Hayley by the Dolmio tomato sauce, extra knocks a jar to the floor, spattering red goo all over her white mini skirt... looks of horror and disgust all round, then the extra just kicks the pieces of jar under the shelf and calmly walks out...

dee_mc wrote: »
    They should so incorporate that into a scene - Paul flirting with Hayley by the Dolmio tomato sauce, extra knocks a jar to the floor, spattering red goo all over her white mini skirt... looks of horror and disgust all round, then the extra just kicks the pieces of jar under the shelf and calmly walks out...

ya that would be a great scene. I hope the fair city writers are reading this. Please put this into a scene. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

we need more oisin and zumo scenes, hilarious

Murdoc90 wrote: »

2 decent actors

• Registered Users Posts: 18,896 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Murdoc90 wrote: »

And Oisin and Denzo! I was laughing at the scenes with him and his new best buddy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Hayley & Paul are made for each other both as obnoxious as the other

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Jesus christ the ending tonight was gas,

Osion walking in with a big bowl of popcorn and eating it in front of Don Paulinoni as he moaned about his marrage...class stuff rofl.

That was funny, "you need some alone time? " :D.. then sits on the edge of the sofa with the bowl of popcorn, the was funny.!

• Advertisement

2 decent actors

The writing is good for them too no? Or maybe it's easier as their character is fresh enough (compared to the regulars).

That was funny, "you need some alone time? " :D.. then sits on the edge of the sofa with the bowl of popcorn, the was funny.!

Grabs popcorn...
    396591.jpg
    Fair City - Thursday 08 September 2016 - RTE? Player.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Grabs popcorn...

I'm here!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It's up there with Tommy and the apple and the money and the tramp.

P1JzGLJ.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

P1JzGLJ.gif

Pity they wouldent get rid of her and the her family so annoying. Niamh is looking well these days her farrah and hayley top talent

• Registered Users Posts: 10,302 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I've been to Barcelona; it's a lovely city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I've got to start shopping in spar

• Registered Users Posts: 56,356 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This is deplorable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,356 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Oh, FFS, Sourpuss.I'll book the flights myself. Now fook off to Barcelona.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement