Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Love/Hate will feel sorry for Stripey and let KT go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

What're Paul and Niamhs big phobia of their almost 20 year old kids going off to work in Barcelona? So what? It's not 1900 and they're boarding the boat to New York or Van Diemans land

What the actual f#ck was that thing for KT is the Ballintine? Why did they not hire a private investigator that time?

The Bishops are laughable as tough guys/gangsters

• Advertisement

Don "Why did we have to go here?" Yea Paul you could've gone to that one other pub in Dublin

How much do you need to mouth off to the owner of a pub in their own bar in Carraigstown before you get barred?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Have Stripey and Gripey adopted LoveHate? Hopefully he wont go missing on them now.

Rachel has had the same expressions on her face since 5 th class ......they just don't change ....Jeez what is wrong with her ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Seriously what the f*ck has happened to Niamh? She seems so bitter and twisted now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

Cormdogg wrote: »
    What the actual f#ck was that thing for KT is the Ballintine? Why did they not hire a private investigator that time?

Two mean to pay for one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

fin12 wrote: »
    Seriously what the f*ck has happened to Niamh? She seems so bitter and twisted now.

still hot do.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

Can someone refresh my memory.

Love hate came in as a date for Jane

At what point did he have an argument with Emmet and over what? Before or after KT went missing?

I'm trying to figure out why he would take her other than being related to Cathal Spillane

• Registered Users Posts: 56,356 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Can someone refresh my memory.

Love hate came in as a date for Jane

At what point did he have an argument with Emmet and over what? Before or after KT went missing?

I'm trying to figure out why he would take her other than being related to Cathal Spillane

His being heavily suspected of KTs disappearance by some here is the real mystery!

walshb wrote: »
    His being heavily suspected of KTs disappearance by some here is the real mystery!

oh stoppppppppppppppppppp it!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever about a month or two ago when we first were all convinced about his involvement at this stage you have to be winding us up if you can't see it with your own eyes now!!

Every time Katie's name comes up he appears, just pops out of nowhere, everytime that Gripey has an argument with Emmet he appears, everytime Stripey gets upset he is there, everytime Emmet has a row with the slutguard he stands there in his little ladies denim jacket with a shifty look like he has just farted and trying to deflect the attention, we have seen scenes revolving around the disappearance end with the camera just lodged on his face, even an episode or two, he goes to the pub with the family, he has no connections or interactions with anyone apart from the O' Ripeys and the guard investigating her disappearance, he goes around handing out these flyers around the country, and the icing on the cake, he organises her bloody birthday party on his day off and sits around like the prodigal son supping his pint with his shifty gaze while Emmet is blamed for everything and is chased out of Dodgetown like he is the murderer!

But, yeah, apart from that, no other reason to have a suspicion............

Why else is he 5 or 6 months into the show and the only stories he has had are a couple of scenes with Jane, moving in with Emmet, robbing from Emmet and sh$gging the guard! 95% of his scenes are connected to Kastie!

Come on Walshb!! And he would get away with it if it wasn't for those pesky meddling kids from Boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Jesus talking bread will you stop calling Alannah the Slutguard, it's not cool and it's not funny, nor is it the dark ages

sligojoek wrote: »
    Love/Hate will feel sorry for Stripey and let KT go.

I'd say he'll disappear without a trace and then they search his workshop and find something. At least that's what they should do!

Jesus talking bread will you stop calling Alannah the Slutguard, it's not cool and it's not funny, nor is it the dark ages

its a joke.Based on the unrealism of a uniformed guard throwing herself around midshift during the middle of the day onto LoveHate in his filthy garage. Actually, one Definition of a
    slut
    : a woman with low standards of cleanliness (ie sex in a filthy garage!)
    Ok I mean no offence to the fictional character and if it offends just one person I'll stop then! It is equivantly not the dark ages where everything has to be so PC when referring to fictional characters! But I apologise if it offends and I will refer to her as simply the most naive guard knocking around!

So Is it not sexist to call Tommy the ram?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,896 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I'd say he'll disappear without a trace and then they search his workshop and find something. At least that's what they should do!

Is it possible he knows Katy? People have been assuming the worst but I wonder if he knows where she is but hasn't done her any harm.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Is it possible he knows Katy? People have been assuming the worst but I wonder if he knows where she is but hasn't done her any harm.

only knew her through Jumbles. Only interaction they had I think was when Katy and Jumbles had a row in her penultimate scene and LoveHate just sat there. Actually I think he may have tried to calm it down or convince Jumbles to allow her stay at their house, someone can clear it up

• Advertisement

only knew her through Jumbles. Only interaction they had I think was when Katy and Jumbles had a row in her penultimate scene and LoveHate just sat there. Actually I think he may have tried to calm it down or convince Jumbles to allow her stay at their house, someone can clear it up

That still wouldn't necessarily disprove the theory. Could she have turned to him for help in disappearing perhaps? He clearly is the only person in Carrigstown who knows what has happened to her. If he has killed her, it's a very dark (and strange) storyline for FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

I believe he has her buy I'm trying to think of a reason why other than him being related to Cathal and is holding her till after the trial and blackmail the family. That seems a bit dark to me and what would happen afterwards everything go back to normal but KT surely wouldn't just allow him to get away with it if that was the case... was the row he had with Emmet before KT went missing? It was so long ago I can't even remember. All I really remember is she caught her ma and Tommy and left. Maybe FC will do a flashback scene to remind us. Lol.

accidental killing and panic burial is what I would have it down as, which could be a fair logic. Lots of soap use that scenario. He doesnt seem like a bad old evil bugger in general, it is just clear that he is very shifty and its all alluding to his involvement

accidental killing and panic burial is what I would have it down as, which could be a fair logic. Lots of soap use that scenario. He doesnt seem like a bad old evil bugger in general, it is just clear that he is very shifty and its all alluding to his involvement

Normally with the accidental killing and burial, we see all of this happen on screen. It also begs the question why he would stick around and even become close to her family. You would imagine he would want to get offside if he had killed her : nobody even suspects him of anything.

Normally with the accidental killing and burial, we see all of this happen on screen. It also begs the question why he would stick around and even become close to her family. You would imagine he would want to get offside if he had killed her : nobody even suspects him of anything.

too much camera work for the show and they couldnt rent a shovel or a car up to the mountains on the day.

Its clear they wanted it to be a mystery whodunnit plot so what would be the point showing him do it!

Its like FC's idea of an awful drawn out Lucy Beale plot! But they cleared out all the suspects in the first 3 days so they hadnt a clue what to do since!

So scenes of Gripey clashing with Emmet, Gripey clashing with Stripey, Stripey clashing with Deegan, Deegan clashing with Gripey, Emmet clashing with Deegan, Gripey clashing with Mary from Glenroe, Emmet clashing with the lovely Ban Garda,LoveHate clashing with Emmet, the lovely Ban Garda having a bit of fun with loveHate, millions of posters being stuck up in the Community Centre and the local chipper, 1500 references to Galway and Interpol and a birthday party and all the while they stuck Emmet into 90% of the scenes!!

Superb stuff FC!! Captivating! So many twists and turns, who will clash next!!

So Is it not sexist to call Tommy the ram?

Not really, calling someone a slut is demeaning, whereas the ram is not. Plenty get up to what Alannah and Ciaran did these days, Garda or not! For me, I was enjoying reading your post, then the demeaning nickname spoiled it somewhat. Just saying.

I thought that too, maybe he helped her disappear. Also think he could be an associate of cathal, holding her until the trial.

Of course she could just return from wherever that was she wanted to go on holiday a while ago , that Debbie and gripey didn't want her to go on. Suitcase full of candy rocks and a head full of braids.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I believe he has her buy I'm trying to think of a reason why other than him being related to Cathal and is holding her till after the trial and blackmail the family. That seems a bit dark to me and what would happen afterwards everything go back to normal but KT surely wouldn't just allow him to get away with it if that was the case... was the row he had with Emmet before KT went missing? It was so long ago I can't even remember. All I really remember is she caught her ma and Tommy and left. Maybe FC will do a flashback scene to remind us. Lol.

A pycho doesn't need a reason. At the end of the day he was one of the last people that saw Katie that night, and she was in a very distressed state asking Emmet in front of him could she stay with him for a few night and Emmet said she couldn't and then she said she will sort something else out.

There is something very strange about him, he really doesn't interact with anyone else apart from Katie family.

Not really, calling someone a slut is demeaning, whereas the ram is not. Plenty get up to what Alannah and Ciaran did these days, Garda or not! For me, I was enjoying reading your post, then the demeaning nickname spoiled it somewhat. Just saying.

I will be honest, it wasn't a compliment to the character! She was promiscuous insofar as throwing herself at a lad she just met a week ago during the midle of the day in a backstreet garage when she was in her uniform on duty! I was only slagging that element!

I don't think calling Tommy promiscuous and referring to the fact that he will get up on anything giving half the chance (which is the meaning of the reference "the ram") is a whole lot far off!

Its the nature of the word that offended you, not the meaning of it, perhaps?!! There is a sexist element of "ah he is a lad, its cool for him to be getting up to those antics, go on Tommy, you legend" to that,! (not calling you sexist by any means, just saying thats society opinion trend towards these things!)

Anyway, I wont use it again, I promise!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

It is hard to tell what happened to Katie, or who is or is not involved. Ciaran Love/Hate may or may not have been involved or may or may not know what has happened. Since Johnny Ward, the actor, played Pauley in Love/Hate one would expect there is more to him than meets the eye. His Love/Hate character was not an evil character in the grand scheme of things in that show, especially the very violent 5th series he was in. In Fair City, Ciaran comes across as nice and normal. But he is over-helpful to the O'Briens.

Elsewhere, we are seeing typical Paul: kiss another woman, blame it on her and beg for forgiveness from Niamh. Oisin has landed himself in trouble and Zumo seems to be the only person who can strike fear into him. He will surely rob either Paul, Niamh or Rachel to pay Zumo, and could lose the respect of Paul as well as Charlotte and maybe even Nicola.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement