Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

sligojoek wrote: »
    As for Dermo. How did someone with the IQ of Fr Dougal McGuire ever get to be an accountant?

:D:D:D I sense a new name for Derms. Fr Dermo Maguire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Bursary - media coverage - investors! Ha in a hostel???? How can they do the exact same Barcelona story again? One thing always gives me a laugh in FC is the amount of hollow threats that go around! How many "or you'll do what" come out a week? No one ever does anything especially the "Hard men" and could they not just stick Denzo in a hotel? Who do they think is actively looking for him? The only place anyone would know him is Carraigstown, so maybe he should stay any other place in Dublin

Do Rachel and Charlotte look like 2 best pals that just got back from a girly holiday??

I've seen the actor who plays Paul a few times and he's not a tall man but he'd batter Zumo and Decco single handed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Do Rachel and Charlotte look like 2 best pals that just got back from a girly holiday??

they have despised eachother for 5 years, then suddenly they go on holidays and then they return and despise eachother again!!

• Advertisement

As with Laura and Damo Charlotte has a a serious case of different accent to her brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Hiding in the pod has to be the single worst idea I've heard in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

If Denzo gets anymore hairy he won't be recognisable anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Inspector deegan with the viva espana hat �� He must have missed the flamenco dress, bottle of Cava and the leg of Serrano ham upstairs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

Rachel will never find him even though she runs the place like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Has Niamh had a personality transplant? It seems she couldnt care less at this stage if he's sleeping around, I don't really understand what's going on with her anymore, I mean she's Entilted to half of everything so why is she sticking around and putting on this charade, it seems she hates Paul now. She's full of hate, bitter and twisted, I don't see the point in her living like that when she doesn't have to.

Hughies so annoying. He should mind his own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Sometimes I look at Niamh and think up ya boyo but then I remember that dance on Ray Darcy and go no,no,noooo.����.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

audi12 wrote: »
    Rachel will never find him even though she runs the place like

Hiding in her Mouse maze :D

fin12 wrote: »
    Has Niamh had a personality transplant? It seems she couldnt care less at this stage if he's sleeping around, I don't really understand what's going on with her anymore, I mean she's Entilted to half of everything so why is she sticking around and putting on this charade, it seems she hates Paul now. She's full of hate, bitter and twisted, I don't see the point in her living like that when she doesn't have to.

Hughies so annoying. He should mind his own business.

Hes brillant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

It reminded me of father ted and the rabbits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

bazermc wrote: »
    Balway

Bollox .. ;)

FC Garda don't think logically.

Haha, Neimh pointing out to Paul the age difference between him and Hailey, laughable.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Can anyone understand why the writers decided that Robbie of all people should be the only one to be Dermish's confidante in his what look likes his terminal illness?? I mean , he knows plenty of others for years in the bubble that is Carrigstown, and Robbo is only there 5 minutes, relatively speaking.

Sumo is a gas man all the same. He likes to give the impression of being a "hard man" , despite only being a "half pint" and yet I can't ever remember him giving one to anyone. He likes to talk the talk alright. It's hard to imagine him part of the Costa mafia lol.

I think Don Paulioni has seen the Godfather too many times and thinks he's a reincarnation of Vito Corleone.

maurv1 wrote: »
    Can anyone understand why the writers decided that Robbie of all people should be the only one to be Dermish's confidante in his what look likes his terminal illness?? I mean , he knows plenty of others for years in the bubble that is Carrigstown, and Robbo is only there 5 minutes, relatively speaking.

Sumo is a gas man all the same. He likes to give the impression of being a "hard man" , despite only being a "half pint" and yet I can't ever remember him giving one to anyone. He likes to talk the talk alright. It's hard to imagine him part of the Costa mafia lol.

I think Don Paulioni has seen the Godfather too many times and thinks he's a reincarnation of Vito Corleone.

ah Zumo was a tough boy back in the day, not much went past him!

Speaking of his tendancy to throw out idle threats.....this was a GENUINE FC competition back in the day!

Fair City website Competition Number 13

To be in with a chance to win some Fair City merchandise, answer the following question.

How many times has Paul Brennan been married?
    To enter the competition
    . Send an email to faircity@rte.ie.
    . Please put Competition No. 13 in the subject line.
    . In your email, tell us your answer.
    . And don't forget to include your name and full postal address.
    Only one answer per person will be entered in the draw.
    The closing date is the 25th May 2010. The correct answer will be published on the website on Wednesday the 26th of May 2010. The name of the winner will be published with the correct answer. If you prefer not to have your name published, please let us know in your email.
    The Fair City team look forward to receiving your entries. Best of luck!

Competition Number 12 Winner.

We asked you to come up with a caption for the photograph above of Zumo and Duncan. After much deliberation our judges picked a winning caption.
    Offer me tasty meatballs one more time; and you'll be a vegetarian the rest of your life..understand?
    Fair City Merchandise is on its way to Trish Groves of Kildare.
    Congratulations Trish, from all Fair City staff, cast and crew

00033b5e-545.jpg

Offer me tasty meatballs one more time; and you'll be a vegetarian the rest of your life..understand?

"I don't want to sound repetitive, but in a country where the finest talent is often overlooked, I think it is important to point out that Maclean Burke (Damien) is one of the finest actors we have in this country at the moment - another fantastic performance from him tonight and it seems there'll be much more to come from him in the coming weeks... "

Found this comment on an old FC thread! No namedropping! But thanks for the laugh!!!!

• Advertisement

"I don't want to sound repetitive, but in a country where the finest talent is often overlooked, I think it is important to point out that Maclean Burke (Damien) is one of the finest actors we have in this country at the moment - another fantastic performance from him tonight and it seems there'll be much more to come from him in the coming weeks... "

Found this comment on an old FC thread! No namedropping! But thanks for the laugh!!!!

That must be a joke

Nope. Same poster and a few more seemed obsessed with him! I think it was around the husband beating plot . Gormless is the best way I can describe both his character and acting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

What's the point of an affair storyline when niamh is already wide to what Paul is up to?

Where are Heather and Jane? I thought Heather was getting out. Ama never gave up the details that she was hurting her daughter. Where is Ama and her homeless boyfriend? Did she help him out? Move him in? Are there too many characters and too many stories, and maybe too many writers, that no storyline is given the time of day? Laura seems to be off the auld steroids in two episodes, developed a habit (and apparently steroids were as addictive as crack, due to her withdrawls) and got over it because Dean said quit, then went to Galway.

All other soaps can handle a cast as big as FC and carry out storylines. There is no shortage of good writers in this country. What is FC getting wrong?

How long more can FC continue for, forever I think...they've been getting away with crap writing for years, we've all copped on to how abysmal the inconsistencies are, when will they?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Robsweezie wrote: »
    What's the point of an affair storyline when niamh is already wide to what Paul is up to?

I know the affair storylines are really annoying me because no sooner have they started people know about it, it was the same with stripey and the ram, can they not let an affair go on for a number of weeks first before anyone finds out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,895 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

LOL @ Oisin's "Rexit" line about Rachel's impending departure for Barcelona :D

bazermc wrote: »
    It reminded me of father ted and the rabbits.

Sure won't Charlotte be a Bishop-Brennan soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Katy storyline.. was there ever a mention about her passport being missing, checking flights etc..? I know that she never arrived in Galway... because you know, the Galway Guards confirmed this (assume they checked the sign in register that they keep over there).

Remember when she planned to go to south america and work volunteer in a school/orphanage or something similar? This is my latest guess.. ruling out the obvious Love/Hate theory... which I think is now so overly obvious that it must be a red herring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

LoL, it has just dawned on me, that Denzo is Spuddie from Damo and Ivor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement