Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Jo isn't even Bens biological Mother. Who is paying for the treatment? What's Dermot on parole for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

redbuck wrote: »
    Just enjoy Fair City for what it is, you analyse it like an Emmy award winning drama on these boards. Everyone knows Fair City's strengths and weaknesses enjoy it for what it is!!:D

thanks for the advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭I wear socks

This Jo storyline is pathetic.

Wait a minute why did Zoey go into town to use the Internet cafe to Skype Ben but now she is skypes him in today's episode at the house???????

Also Zoey is annoying that face my god she's what 8 not 80

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Jo isn't even Bens biological Mother. Who is paying for the treatment? What's Dermot on parole for?

What has biology got to do with it? She's been the only mother he has ever known. Biology doesn't make one a mother. There's a whole lot more involved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,802 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Cormdogg wrote: »

When he crashed back in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

So which of the bar staff is Huey going to have to let go to pay for Ellie's Counselling fees?

The Jo storyline seems to have been put to bed, now if only Charlie would bury Esther..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The Jo storyline seems to have been put to bed, now if only Charlie would bury Esther..

I don't know about anyone else, but that never gets tiring!😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

When he crashed back in September!

Oh is that it I thought it was because he transferred money or something and got done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The Lesbians are back next episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

Stupid exit for Jo. Surely no parent would just break a family up like that :mad:
    Whatever about leaving Dermish, she has separated Ben and Zoe. I was no fan of the character but there's no way that Jo would do that to the kids.
    I suspect that with Ben obviously still on the FC payroll (skype rates), we may see him back in Carrigstown courtesy of Deirdre.
    Watch this space, Dermish, Deirdre and the 2 kids will all be hanging up the Christmas decorations Dermo's gaff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

If they wanted to annoy the actress who played Jo they should have had her die off screen in some ridiculous way, complications from a botched cosmetic surgery or something, this convoluted storyline is just totally tiresome and pointless and irritating for words :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Hayley is like something out of Batman from the 1960s a pure cartoony villain but she plays it well in my view. I'm half expecting the words Oof! And Kapow! To come on screen when Mondo and Emmet get into a fight.

redbuck wrote: »
    Just enjoy Fair City for what it is, you analyse it like an Emmy award winning drama on these boards. Everyone knows Fair City's strengths and weaknesses enjoy it for what it is!!:D

I agree. And we only use the Fair City cast names here . Who is Tom Hopkins ??? ����

...... Bryan Murray and Eamonn Morrissey and I knew ....but Talking Bread is losing me now !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

It is a bad exit for Jo (but perhaps not a permanent one?)

Ben brought from his hospital bed in Carraigstown's only hospital ward straight to America for life lengthening treatment for a rare bone/muscle disorder 7 months ago - right? Yet tonight Zoey tells Dermish Ben was out playing baseball with Jo's fancy man when she was over there eh six months ago?

I know it's only soap but...

definitely permanent exit. the actor said so herself.

I agree. And we only use the Fair City cast names here . Who is Tom Hopkins ??? ����

...... Bryan Murray and Eamonn Morrissey and I knew ....but Talking Bread is losing me now !

just use google. Tom Hopkins is the actor that played Christy. You could have googled that in 5 seconds!!

I'm not the only one of us guys who "analyses it" Not sure why I'm being singled out tbh!!

but......................

67141115.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,144 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

jos28 wrote: »
    Stupid exit for Jo. Surely no parent would just break a family up like that :mad:
    Whatever about leaving Dermish, she has separated Ben and Zoe. I was no fan of the character but there's no way that Jo would do that to the kids.
    I suspect that with Ben obviously still on the FC payroll (skype rates), we may see him back in Carrigstown courtesy of Deirdre.
    Watch this space, Dermish, Deirdre and the 2 kids will all be hanging up the Christmas decorations Dermo's gaff

If that was to happen (and it might do), it would take some explaining by the scriptwriters. Jo went to America to get treatment for Ben, not to shack up with some new bloke and dump her family.

This Jo storlyine is jsut the worst none of it matches the character

she would never leave her kids why didnt they jsut kill her off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭threetrees

It'd have been better to kill Jo off in America and have Ben return. Then Deirdre and Dermot could play happy families with Ben and Zoe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

threetrees wrote: »
    It'd have been better to kill Jo off in America and have Ben return. Then Deirdre and Dermot could play happy families with Ben and Zoe.

Maybe they couldn't kill her off, if Christy could bring them to court maybe Jo could. So they just write her off in a silly way and never need her back.

If I was the writer I would have had Jo being involved in that car crash stunt with Dermisssshhhhh!

Perhaps she may suffer a bad head injury that the doctors (who of course analyse her in the Spar or McCoys) think she has got over before hitting America and her head aches are down to stress etc due to Ben's diagnosis.

This leads to her heading to America for Binjamin's treatment and suddenly collapsing over there with a neurological side effect of the injury. (I know, we already had that with Mumbles but who cares!!)

She dies and Dermisshhhh faces both the emotional guilt and also manslaughter charges as well as the Doctor facing a medical negligence case (maybe use the doctor that was played by Brian Murrays brother (thats the actor that plays Bob sweetmaggie!! ; ) )

So then Dermishhh will have future plots like the charges, the blame put on him by Zoe and Ben as well as a rift with Dr. Bobs Brother)

And Charlie can organise the funeral!! And when he visits the morgue, he suddenly remembers Esther is still unburied!

Maybe they couldn't kill her off, if Christy could bring them to court maybe Jo could. So they just write her off in a silly way and never need her back.

There must of been something more to the actor that plays Christy (Tom Hopkins) and his EAT case. Perhaps he was ill and they let him go due to that. I can't fathom why a long running soap would not put clauses in cast members contracts that they can be killed off or at least let go anytime!

Evidently Deirdre doesn't fly Smart....

She going to Florida via London, does she not know Aer Lingus go direct to Orlando....

There must of been something more to the actor that plays Christy (Tom Hopkins) and his EAT case. Perhaps he was ill and they let him go due to that. I can't fathom why a long running soap would not put clauses in cast members contracts that they can be killed off or at least let go anytime!

Isnt that the case with most soap contacts? I'm sure the producers of FC could march right up to Delores and say "Thanks for all your service over the years, we have decided your character is now redundant and we wont be needing you anymore after this week" and there is nothing she could do. Ditto with Paul and Niamh, Bella etc, I'm pretty sure length of service has no effect on these conditions and I have read a few interviews with FC stars over the years where they say how lucky they are to be in the soap.

Isnt that the case with most soap contacts? I'm sure the producers of FC could march right up to Delores and say "Thanks for all your service over the years, we have decided your character is now redundant and we wont be needing you anymore after this week" and there is nothing she could do. Ditto with Paul and Niamh, Bella etc, I'm pretty sure length of service has no effect on these conditions and I have read a few interviews with FC stars over the years where they say how lucky they are to be in the soap.

Of course it doesnt but that is why I am speculating as to the reason the actor behind Christy took a case against RTE when he was killed off. I wonder what happened.

You wouldnt know with RTE though, so many actors just sitting on the paycheque!

Of course it doesnt but that is why I am speculating as to the reason the actor behind Christy took a case against RTE when he was killed off. I wonder what happened.

You wouldnt know with RTE though, so many actors just sitting on the paycheque!

I remember reading that as well thinking what was going on, maybe he was promised an extra few years and then a new producer came in and changed the rules, who knows, all we can do is speculate. Its not the first time though that FC has been slated by former cast members. Harry Molloy famously slated how the show treated extras and also that some cast members were sneaky, slimy little crawlers who he couldn't tolerate anymore, I would LOVE to know who he meant. If it was the long termers then it was clearly Paul, Bella, Delores, Niamh etc.
    A soap is no different from any other job I guess, plenty of d!ckheads in every workplace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

She going to Florida via London, does she not know Aer Lingus go direct to Orlando....

The team Ben mentioned going to see are based in a city 110 miles from Orlando.

I flew to North Florida in Feb and had to go Dublin-London-Dallas-Pensacola.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

In terms of Fair City silliness that's way down on the list. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Just a bit of useless information for you's...... In real life, Ciaran is Ellies uncle... :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement