Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,349 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wtf? In the 4000 episodes Paulio's been tripping over himself trying to please that insufferable, Cnut, Sourpuss. For 4000 episodes she's been about as civil to Paulio as a dose of the flu. And Niamh thinks he's ruining her life! And after it all they all head to the boozer for a pint! Priceless sh1t is this soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Rachel wants nothing from Paul, except his money.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I'm away on my hols at the moment so I haven't seen FC tonight but I just opened Twitter and saw this tweet and giggled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

youwould wrote: »
    I'm away on my hols at the moment so I haven't seen FC tonight but I just opened Twitter and saw this tweet and giggled.

#PrayForNatalie #Delusional

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/happy-4000th-episode-fair-city-here-are-the-top-21-moments-that-got-the-nation-talking-35060940.html

In fairness looking over the list they really have had some great storylines. Happy 4000th episode Fair city!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I was hoping Robbie would do a one two with Dermot playing soccer ala Fr.Damo & Fr.Dougal I have a bad feeling the Katy Storyline is gonna come to nothing all that build up for swat hopefully i'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 18,890 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

fin12 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/happy-4000th-episode-fair-city-here-are-the-top-21-moments-that-got-the-nation-talking-35060940.html

In fairness looking over the list they really have had some great storylines. Happy 4000th episode Fair city!!!!

Yvonne Doyle has schizophrenia? That's something that has been glossed over in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

youwould wrote: »

Omg she used lit up Christmas tree emojis!! Lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Quote: youwould

Omg she used lit up Christmas tree emojis!! Lol!!

Haha, she must know we slag her over that... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

There is a major spoiler about what happened to Katy on the indo website. Won't let me post the link here though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Cazale wrote: »
    There is a major spoiler about what happened to Katy on the indo website. Won't let me post the link here though.
    pretty much what we've theorised here! Pity they couldn't keep it under wraps until tonight!

Shame they spent the rest of the article going on about Clelia and Tony Tormey. They really seem to be marketed as the faces of Fair City, but in reality the viewers are more interested in the actors who play the newer more dynamic roles!

It really is awful how they essentially always give away the storyline on FC and CS before it airs. Their spoilers are essentially the whole script. That's one of the reasons there is never any shocks. Coupled that with the fact they have zero subtlety and stretch out the stories by repeating scenes over and over again there is never any decent climax to the plot.
    Look at how EE do it. Provided the amount of twists and turns gets tedious in Walford and sometimes you can predict the next twist they rarely release big spoilers, character departureset, character comebacks, how the story plans out.

It's like reading the final chapter of your book before you started it (without any book worthy writing of course)

It really is awful how they essentially always give away the storyline on FC and CS before it airs. Their spoilers are essentially the whole script. That's one of the reasons there is never any shocks. Coupled that with the fact they have zero subtlety and stretch out the stories by repeating scenes over and over again there is never any decent climax to the plot.
    Look at how EE do it. Provided the amount of twists and turns gets tedious in Walford and sometimes you can predict the next twist they rarely release big spoilers, character departureset, character comebacks, how the story plans out.

It's like reading the final chapter of your book before you started it (without any book worthy writing of course)
    Just saw the spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My god, I honestly think they take their ideas from here! I swear I do!

I'd love to say you couldn't write this stuff............................but we did!

Viewers of tonight's Fair City special will finally find out what happened to Katy O'Brien.
    The youngster went missing from Carrigstown last May after finding out about Debbie and Tommy's affair - but all will be revealed in tonight's 4,000th episode.

Fans will discover that Katy is alive and well - but is being kept captive, with scenes of a girl sitting in a room brushing her hair, who turns out to be Katy.

Guess I don't have to watch it now!

Guess I don't have to watch it now!

Still room for a twist

You could have
    The Ram on his laptop at the end logging on to Boards.ie under the Username "The Talking Bread"

The only person that can save this show now is Aunt Kitty

I am picturing her as some sort of dark and mysterious gangster who has killed Zach, Judith and Dearbhla in a fit of rage after losing the All Ireland this year.

2015-06-26_spo_10679955_I1.JPG

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

In fairness...

This is Aunt Kitty

kitty.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Any special episode of Tommy at the Ploughing Championships?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

The KT spoilers above... It is odd to me from a soap point of view that they chose not to show any of that for 4-5 months but will no doubt drag it out now for a few weeks after the reveal.

mloc123 wrote: »
    The KT spoilers above... It is odd to me from a soap point of view that they chose not to show any of that for 4-5 months but will no doubt drag it out now for a few weeks after the reveal.

it really is awful production and media management.

They build up to it for 4 months repeating the same garbage like for like scenes week after week. Then the day before it actually airs tell us what happened.

It beggars belief why they wouldn't just let us find out on the episode itself. They continuously do this?

Just Put a few teasers out there to attract a bit of publicity, thats no harm. But don't actually reveal the end product.

Its like they dont give a cr$p about the existent viewers and just want to attract a handful more for the night.

RTE done the same thing with The Million Prize winner Nicky Byrne garbage game when the chap from Naas (I actually know him!) won the million. It meant there was no edge or drama for viewers as they made sure to extensively publicise 3 days beforehand what was going to happen.

The best tv shows are the ones that give you shock value. Its a winning formula and you would want to be completely ignorant not to know that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Who's that Blondie wan beside Paul?

000ce322-600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

Who's that Blondie wan beside Paul?

000ce322-600.jpg

Sash Bishop

christ almighty the size of Leo's hands in the background of the photo!!

Even look at them here!! They are the bigger than his daughters face!!

082_617633bc355c9504ddc441beae8d74004630f886.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

The girl who plays Rachel is a terrible actor even by FairCity standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

christ almighty the size of Leo's hands in the background of the photo!!

Even look at them here!! They are the bigger than his daughters face!!

082_617633bc355c9504ddc441beae8d74004630f886.jpg

Hands like shovels.

Hands like shovels.

how he plucks a guitar beggars belief!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,890 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

it really is awful production and media management.

They build up to it for 4 months repeating the same garbage like for like scenes week after week. Then the day before it actually airs tell us what happened.

It beggars belief why they wouldn't just let us find out on the episode itself. They continuously do this?

Just Put a few teasers out there to attract a bit of publicity, thats no harm. But don't actually reveal the end product.

Its like they dont give a cr$p about the existent viewers and just want to attract a handful more for the night.

RTE done the same thing with The Million Prize winner Nicky Byrne garbage game when the chap from Naas (I actually know him!) won the million. It meant there was no edge or drama for viewers as they made sure to extensively publicise 3 days beforehand what was going to happen.

The best tv shows are the ones that give you shock value. Its a winning formula and you would want to be completely ignorant not to know that!

They could learn a few lessons from Red Rock. They are brilliant at putting the lid on spoilers : nobody knew anything about Adrijan being run over, McKay being stabbed or Rachel killing Brian in advance.

The girl who plays Rachel is a terrible actor even by FairCity standards.

Hollywoods loss is our gain!!

Seriously, how in gods name did she get a scholarship!!

Only young actors who are genuinely capable of standing out acting wise are the actress that plays Charlotte, the actor that plays Oisin and actress that plays Katy. Deco isn't bad actor but he has just been given awful material because his character is just built around his relationship with kerri Anne.

He had some good scenes this week but again, in comical circumstances.

Strazdas wrote: »
    They could learn a few lessons from Red Rock. They are brilliant at putting the lid on spoilers : nobody knew anything about Adrijan being run over, McKay being stabbed or Rachel killing Brian in advance.

its not even about learning from Red Rock, it is common sense.

Look at the soap pages or magazines etc or the tv guide before the episodes or week ahead.

I know you have to go looking sometimes for these things, but people like to read the teasers of plots for the week ahead not the whole plot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

I wonder who has KT

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement