Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Sure there's Jane and Orla... see everyone's coming back tonight including cathal

Well they do need 3 people behind the bar in a pub with 3 taps, Orla took an order from across the room, they could've shouted across for it and sure she took the order and went back to her chat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Where is KT?

hair dresser by looks of it

Somebody made a few quid on pull up banners

What a f@ckin riot of an episode! 4000th episode €4000 bursary!!!!!!! Deegan rents a room off Ray! Lol! Love Oisin now! OMG 6 more guest!!!! Noooooo! Wow Hayley you're looking the exact same! Lol anyone else think Hughie is looking well?

My SISTER is missing!!!!!! And I'm only looking in Carraigstown and Galway!

• Advertisement

I really feel sorry having to do those clingy scenes! Set Robbie on Cathal the only man who acts on a threat, after weeks of taunting of course

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Somebody made a few quid on pull up banners

good enterprise for Wayne to get into, a kind of printing company/ poster putter upper , Emmet would make him a millionaire, can pay back Dolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

This stripey and odd gangster in a suit man thing reminds me of the anna and phelan corrie thing.
    Was all going on tonight, niamhs desk, charlies speech, oisin in his suit, hughie moving in on niamh, Emmet loosing his cardi. Action packed 25 minutes. Reimbursay of the bursary try say that 5 times paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The joker is back!!!!!!!

You would think, for the sake of a hairdresser visit, they would change Katy's hair back to some sort of manner it was in when she left.

She has gone from brown hair with highlights to jet black gleany hair whilst been locked away.

No wonder she is looking in the mirror thinking "who the fk is this"

katy-2.jpg

This is the night she left!

008_e7699e838d24d6dc879c5d1556ddc62e32f5c84f.jpg

• Advertisement

What did the Joker (Cathal) mean when Stripey said to him what do you want and he said you? I think he wants her to sleep him. Sick creep.

I knew I was having a deja vu moment when I saw that Katy scene!!!!!

Stolen straight from The Ring!!!

tumblr_n98rchAp7k1s1vn29o2_400.gif

katy-2.jpg

I know expect her to crawl straight out of LoveHates garage hole into The O Brien house through the tv!!

diB5Xg.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I dunno why but I found the scene with Emmett spiting at Eoghan very hard/uncomfortable to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

fin12 wrote: »
    What did the Joker (Cathal) mean when Stripey said to him what do you want and he said you? I think he wants her to sleep him. Sick creep.

That's pretty much it.

As mentioned further up, it's almost a rehash of the Anna and Phelan story in Corrie (or a variation of it anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Strazdas wrote: »
    That's pretty much it.

What so he kidnapped Katy for 4 months just so he could 'sleep' with Stripey??

What so he kidnapped Katy for 4 months just so he could 'sleep' with Stripey??

No I assume he kidnapped Katy in the first place as he has had some sick vendetta against Debbie ever since he laid eyes on her. He wants to cause the most pain and mental torture possible to DEbbie and by now blackmailing her into sleeping with him is so humiliating and degrading for Debbie but obviously desperate for information about her child will do it. I suppose it's similar to what Phelan did to Anna in Corrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,346 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So, what's this about LoveHate? When is he going to release KT back into the real world?

Can someone explain Emmet's weird scenes last night? Poncing around like a drugged up psycho. Completely out of nowhere and so ridiculous looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I haven't been watching in a while but watched a few episodes in the run up to the 4000th episode.

Jesus it was brutal. Can't believe they are still dragging out that Katy thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 googleaddict

Only catching up now, it's this bursary not supposed to be about young entrepreneurs, I see carols cabs had a stand and the hungry pig or are these just sponsoring

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Who the heck is Cathal Flynn etc and what have they got against the Gripeys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Well! Wow! Last night's Acad...sorry Bursary Award left me breathless!
    The opulence of the setting, the glamour, the stars dressed in designer gowns or formal dinner jackets.. In fact, Emmet looked like he was wearing both, a designer frock and a dinner jacket, topped off with his trade-mark Coco Chanel wooly coat.
    And the trade stands on show were the last word in technology and Public Relations.
    Carol really played a blinder in the commercial sector advertising, with a massive 3 foot by 3 foot cardboard box with Carol's Cabs written in black marker on the side. The Beauty Parlour went one better, with staff doing beauty treatments on site, armed only with a bottle of Pond's face cream and a cucumber, and using Ray's ex-wife as their glamour model/page 3 girl....
    And it was the obvious place for Emmet to hand out his 'missing' posters, on the off-chance that the fourteen extras might have missed the 324 posters in the window as they entered..
    "Hold up the trophy for the camera'", said Charlie in his best Oxford accent, and Hayley proudly waves a small plastic yoke just like the one my grandchild child won in pre-school for best finger-painting.

All in all, it was a night to remember, and I certainly look forward to next year's event with bated breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

I don't know whether to cringe or laugh about Oisin finding his Da and Hayley like that and then the two of them having that as their "little secret" presumably? Weird:rolleyes:

walshb wrote: »
    So, what's this about LoveHate? When is he going to release KT back into the real world?

Can someone explain Emmet's weird scenes last night? Poncing around like a drugged up psycho. Completely out of nowhere and so ridiculous looking.

Could Ciaran be on the payroll of the Flynn family? He definitely seems to be connected to Katy's disappearance.

Emmet going off on one made no sense at all. They seemed to just shoehorn in him going mental at the Community Centre just to add some 'drama' to the episode.

coolhull wrote: »
    Well! Wow! Last night's Acad...sorry Bursary Award left me breathless!
    The opulence of the setting, the glamour, the stars dressed in designer gowns or formal dinner jackets.. In fact, Emmet looked like he was wearing both, a designer frock and a dinner jacket, topped off with his trade-mark Coco Chanel wooly coat.
    And the trade stands on show were the last word in technology and Public Relations.
    Carol really played a blinder in the commercial sector advertising, with a massive 3 foot by 3 foot cardboard box with Carol's Cabs written in black marker on the side. The Beauty Parlour went one better, with staff doing beauty treatments on site, armed only with a bottle of Pond's face cream and a cucumber, and using Ray's ex-wife as their glamour model/page 3 girl....
    And it was the obvious place for Emmet to hand out his 'missing' posters, on the off-chance that the fourteen extras might have missed the 324 posters in the window as they entered..
    "Hold up the trophy for the camera'", said Charlie in his best Oxford accent, and Hayley proudly waves a small plastic yoke just like the one my grandchild child won in pre-school for best finger-painting.

All in all, it was a night to remember, and I certainly look forward to next year's event with bated breath.

hmmm, funny coolhull has returned to the thread the day KT returns...................

.how is that hairbrush treating you! ;) You look like you are being held captive in a Spa

Or maybe, more controversly, why do you want to rip Stripey's stripes off!

fin12 wrote: »
    No I assume he kidnapped Katy in the first place as he has had some sick vendetta against Debbie ever since he laid eyes on her. He wants to cause the most pain and mental torture possible to DEbbie and by now blackmailing her into sleeping with him is so humiliating and degrading for Debbie but obviously desperate for information about her child will do it. I suppose it's similar to what Phelan did to Anna in Corrie.

Shouldn't Cathal have been on the radar of the guards though? Doesn't look good for them that they eliminated him when he would have been the No.1 suspect in reality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

Could Ciaran be on the payroll of the Flynn family? He definitely seems to be connected to Katy's disappearance.

Emmet going off on one made no sense at all. They seemed to just shoehorn in him going mental at the Community Centre just to add some 'drama' to the episode.

Wish they would get rid of him hes annoying

I think this was the point most of uswere making for 3 months! Then people thought it was too dark a storyline! So the alternative was he maybe knocked her down by his bike, and buried her in the garage!

Anyway, it would be silly at this stage after all those scenes when he appeared like bosco out of a box EVERY time her name was mentioned and looked as shifty as a crab when the camera is stuck on his face at the end of same scenes if he is not involved!

Seriously though, I am now 100% sure the writers are getting ideas from this thread!

We deserve a mention!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Shouldn't Cathal have been on the radar of the guards though? Doesn't look good for them that they eliminated him when he would have been the No.1 suspect in reality.

Cathal showed up at the Garda station with his alibi, ticket stubs as proof he went to Spain. Yeah that's not suspicious at all, sure that's what tv gangsters to, leave the country and get a cronie to do their dirty work. Like, Duh Deegan!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,346 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Just do an Eskimo/Gripey/Stripey 3 way shower scene, a la Booby Ewing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

If you look up Sociopath in the dictionary you'll see a picture of Oisín

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement