Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

If you look up Sociopath in the dictionary you'll see a picture of Oisín

Most of the village residents are sociopaths, by definition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

So Katy is alive but where is she or is she held against or own will or just hiding out? Then there's Cathal's return. Has he got something to do with it or is he merely a distraction? I have never been able to judge if Cathal is all bad or a mix of bad and good.Because he previously held Debbie hostage but was not 100% comfortable doing so, he could also do the same with Katy. Suppose Katy was at least part willing to go along with it to hurt her mother? This could iron out any of Cathal's unease.

Then there's Ciaran Love/Hate: sometimes I certainly think he is involved and then other times it looks as if he is not. I don't know and is he related to or friends with Cathal I don't know either. Since he played a gangster in Love/Hate this could be possible? Another possibility is that girl she met who was in the gang has something more to do with it. The last possibility is some random pervert akin to the real life 2 in Austria in recent years could pick her up on the street and would have no connection at all to any existing Fair City character.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,346 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Been over this time and time again.l Apart from LoveHate being present in scenes where KTs name is mentioned there has been 0 evidence to give any suspicion. People keep mentioning him "looking shifty." How?

So Katy is alive but where is she or is she held against or own will or just hiding out? Then there's Cathal's return. Has he got something to do with it or is he merely a distraction? I have never been able to judge if Cathal is all bad or a mix of bad and good.Because he previously held Debbie hostage but was not 100% comfortable doing so, he could also do the same with Katy. Suppose Katy was at least part willing to go along with it to hurt her mother? This could iron out any of Cathal's unease.

Then there's Ciaran Love/Hate: sometimes I certainly think he is involved and then other times it looks as if he is not. I don't know and is he related to or friends with Cathal I don't know either. Since he played a gangster in Love/Hate this could be possible? Another possibility is that girl she met who was in the gang has something more to do with it. The last possibility is some random pervert akin to the real life 2 in Austria in recent years could pick her up on the street and would have no connection at all to any existing Fair City character.

YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES

walshb wrote: »
    Been over this time and time again.l Apart from LoveHate being present in scenes where KTs name is mentioned there has been 0 evidence to give any suspicion. People keep mentioning him "looking shifty." How?

Personally I think both Ciaran Love/Hate and Cathal are distractions and the real reason will be a pervert akin to the 2 in Austria a few years back.

• Advertisement

And people keep giving you reasons why!!!

And people keep giving you reasons why!!!

They don't add up. They are pointless reasons with no substance. May as well be accusing Bela or Charlie.

BTW, I am not saying that he is not involved. He may well be. My point is that IMO they have not fed us any tangible reasons as to why he is involved. Scenes of him being in the company of KTs family is about it. People seeing this and trying to say that he looks shifty, hence he's involved is something I never saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

fin12 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/happy-4000th-episode-fair-city-here-are-the-top-21-moments-that-got-the-nation-talking-35060940.html

In fairness looking over the list they really have had some great storylines. Happy 4000th episode Fair city!!!!

Lucy doesn't make the list? Feck sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Strazdas wrote: »
    Shouldn't Cathal have been on the radar of the guards though? Doesn't look good for them that they eliminated him when he would have been the No.1 suspect in reality.

I know I was actually thinking that this morning who is the family's number one enemy, the joker aka CAthal.

Guys my nickname for Cathal isn't catching at all. Feel sad:(:(

They don't add up. They are pointless reasons with no substance. May as well be accusing Bela or Charlie.

BTW, I am not saying that he is not involved. He may well be. My point is that IMO they have not fed us any tangible reasons as to why he is involved. Scenes of him being in the company of KTs family is about it. People seeing this and trying to say that he looks shifty, hence he's involved is something I never saw.

have you never seen the way soaps/fictional programmes work??

A suspect in a "who dunnit" or any other type of mystery plot is focused in scenes. LoveHate has no reason to be in every scene involving the mere mention of KT unless he is involved somewhat. He has no reason to be a mere extra in every scene involving The Ripeys quarrels on the street other than being involved somewhat. He has no reason to have no other plot on the show other than being attached to Emmet for the last 3 months.

No reason for the camera focusing on him, mouth gaping and eyes wide open at the end of nearly every one of those scenes.

Do you honestly think its a coincidence??!!

The whole idea is to tease it to viewers so he is attached to the plot considerably. He is seen now as more of the family than Emmet and all 3 are confiding in him, even though he is effectively a complete stranger who they know nothing about!!

Its classic soap plot structure! It is meant to create an element of shock to the viewers if/when he is revealed.

Now, he may be being used as a mere distraction as someone said for viewers but I think, the way these things work, there would have to be more of a real hint that he may be involved for him to be a distraction for viewers. He would need to do something that REALLY stood out as a suspect, even though he actually didnt do it.

If they merely just make it as a complete stranger that took her captive it would be ridiculous in my eyes. I have never seen a soap or mystery plot work like that. It is always that it is some character involved in the show/book/film etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Personally I think both Ciaran Love/Hate and Cathal are distractions and the real reason will be a pervert akin to the 2 in Austria a few years back.

That would be a very interesting twist : Cathal knows nothing about Katy's disappearance but is just trying to con Debbie into bed (perhaps as an attempt to humiliate her even further, as a form of revenge)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I know I was actually thinking that this morning who is the family's number one enemy, the joker aka CAthal.

Guys my nickname for Cathal isn't catching at all. Feel sad:(:(

I'm sure the cops would have investigated him much further than they actually did, especially with him having a huge run in with the O'Briens and holding Debbie hostage.

That would be a very interesting twist : Cathal knows nothing about Katy's disappearance but is just trying to con Debbie into bed (perhaps as an attempt to humiliate her even further, as a form of revenge)

That is how I am reading it too. Cathal is winding up Debbie and wants to sleep with her in part because he fancies her and in part to further humiliate her. I can imagine him saying the next day: 'I know nothing about Katy' with a big grin as he walks off. Let's see what emerges tonight.

Meanwhile, Paul is causing problems and upsetting everyone from Rachel to Charlotte and now has alienated Oisin and Niamh even further when Hayley won the bursary even though Paul did not set it up for her to win it! Katy's disappearance is about the only thing Paul is not responsible for at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Who decided who won the bursary? Did some thinking go into it or did they just pick Hayley's name out of a hat?

I'm sure the cops would have investigated him much further than they actually did, especially with him having a huge run in with the O'Briens and holding Debbie hostage.

i think they were more concentrated on putting a wheelbarrow and a flowerpot into witness protection around that time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Looks like scriptwriter #356 was having a great time this week with some of the most confusing, pointless story lines, scenarios in the run up to Bursary 4000 -

Don Paul gets whacked over the head, tied to a chair, threatened with his life and it's all forgotten after a small little plaster is applied to help his migraine. People have died with much less injuries in carraigstown!

Wombles (forty coats) is rambling around the centre with armfuls of Katy posters just in case any of us have forgotten she's missing - then Decco completely straight now and lucky not to have been banged up for kidnap asks someone to go easy on wombles he just lost his sister - like she fell down the back of stripey's coach or something.

Jane appears out of nowhere like we're not supposed to notice she's been missing for nearly as long as Katy -

Then to top it all Katy is been held in the closet of the hairdressers by Doll who is using her as a guinea pig for colour and sheen.

Fair City really need to get scriptwriter #1 back and leave them to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Is Paul getting murdered? Is that where all this is leading to a big who done it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Don't watch usually so don't know her name but does Pauls wife always just ghost around the place

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

If anybody is a Fair City afficionado and knows the background and foibles of current characters could you enlighten me? Were I to post the names of certain could anybody give a brief breakdown of their past and their traits, temperament, etc? I would most appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Rofl the bursary is over and there still going on about it.

Anyone see oisins countdown poke on don paulioni lol

• Advertisement

Is there anything more Oisin can do to betray and humiliate his old man before his old man says enough?

Is there anything more Oisin can do to betray and humiliate his old man before his old man says enough?

I think at this stage he could nearly beat him up to an inch of his life and he would still forgive him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Ahhhhh Debbie put your clothes back on. You just put me off me dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

Does deegan live with Ray?

Does deegan live with Ray?

Ya he has for years.

Anyone else have the foggiest clue about everyone supposedly blackmailing Paul? What exactly is he worried about?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

Ya he has for years.

I'm watching this show years and never realised that. Now that's unrealistic 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'm watching this show years and never realised that. Now that's unrealistic 100%
    Do you not remember when Mundo and the daughter came to live with Ray and Deegan got all stroppy. Then he softened and warmed to the daughter.

I think Cathal Spillane is the red herring, I still think Ciaran's got her. Why I don't know, but I actually believed Cathal when he said he doesn't actually know anything about Katy and was just messing with Debbie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I tweeted the actor who plays Emmett saying I pity him having to take all the Katy posters down and he replied not to be too hasty yet. Sounds like they are gonna drag it out a good bit first!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement