Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

The most unbelievable thing in FC is 4 businesses sharing a desk!

What is the expressed horror the Brennan's have about their 19 year old kids moving away? I was steered out the door at that age! Some truly shocking acting tonight! It's not even funny any more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Cazale wrote: »
    I tweeted the actor who plays Emmett saying I pity him having to take all the Katy posters down and he replied not to be too hasty yet. Sounds like they are gonna drag it out a good bit first!

Excellent. Between KT and Niamh being on for the long haul, we should get till the middle of next year.

The bill for painting one room! Lol! The world of Fair City seems to have the harshes judges in the world! Anything will land you in the slammer! Oh Jesus Deb GET BACK IN THE HOUSE!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

walshb wrote: »
    Excellent. Between KT and Niamh being on for the long haul, we should get till the middle of next year.

They'll drag out KT until the Christmas Day episode.

No sign of Love Hate tonight.

That room where KT's holed up looks like it could be in a house in an unfinished housing estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

That room where KT's holed up looks like it could be in a house in an unfinished housing estate.

Maybe it's part of Ciarans lock up! Sorry walshb!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Why is every one assuming she's been captured. That could just be her new gaff!!!

Poor owl lovehate. He's in it and he's heavily suspected. He's not in it and he's heavily suspected.

That beer bottle looks like a giant bottle infront of Decco he really is teeny

bazermc wrote: »
    Why is every one assuming she's been captured. That could just be her new gaff!!!

Doing press ups though seems to suggest she's trying not to seize up from lack of being able to go out and about, although she could be there of her own accord and just didn't want to be seen out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭Alice1

HensVassal wrote: »
    If anybody is a Fair City afficionado and knows the background and foibles of current characters could you enlighten me? Were I to post the names of certain could anybody give a brief breakdown of their past and their traits, temperament, etc? I would most appreciate it.
    Ah g'wan throw out the names and if I don't know and nobody else knows sure we'll make something up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

is this a quiz!! what do we win? A bursary?! 0r an all exclusive night in the pod with dinner in the Hungry Pig and a spa session in KT's dungeon?!!

Anyone else have the foggiest clue about everyone supposedly blackmailing Paul? What exactly is he worried about?

What have the Bishops on him????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I haven't been here in a while, but this show keeps on getting sadder and sadder, badder and badder. Its a cluster**** of writing and characterisation. FC has officially beaten the Dallas waking up and Bobby's in the shower ****e.

Soaps are not meant to be perfect, but FC is such a rollercoaster of bad TV that its lack of coherance in relation to its actual characters is astounding. The personality transplants we have witnessed over the last 12 months leave me feeling very very cold towards this expensive waste of time and money.

Cormdogg wrote: »
    What have the Bishops on him????

I haven't a clue. Tonight Niamh threatens to tell Sourpuss that he gave the Pod to Oisin. Sourpuss, the horrible fook of a daughter that turned on him the other night when he was fearing for his life tied up. Why on earth would he give a fook? Sourpuss already despises him, and who actually said they could burn the Pod to the ground because she doesn't give a fook.

Oisin, from day 1 has been going out of his way to betray him, and who tonight told his wife about his affair, gets the Pod signed to him on the basis of the affair that he already told Niamh about, who pretended not to believe him.

The Bishops? Haven't a clue what they are supposed to hold over him..

The writers truly make this thread. Genius.

bazermc wrote: »

Cozy one bed in Dublin 7, probably a steal at 700 a month!

Cozy one bed in Dublin 7, probably a steal at 700 a month!

And free to rent as well!! Sure she hasn't touched her bank account in four months! Doesnt need to go shopping either! Home delivery, for free!

Poor owl lovehate. He's in it and he's heavily suspected. He's not in it and he's heavily suspected.

He must have been out sick the day they were filming tonight's episode. That should have been him, not Tommy, running up the street to put his coat around Debbie when she was out on the street with Cathal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭893bet

I still think it is Ciaran. He has no purpose. Going out with the guard also. What's the chances she uncovers it and ends up in the cell aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I think like most of us here love hate is keeping Katy hostage - (why I'm not sure) but the storyline has been building so slowly I reckon if FC producers follow this thread they will most likely rip up that version of the script just to spite us - other possible scenarios;

It's Stella!!

Katy on her way to Galway (after finding out stripey was gettin' ripey with the ram) decides to get a big Mac for the train journey - she bumps into Ronald McDonald who she assumes is there to entertain a kids party - Ronald gestures to her to follow him - removes his red wig and smiles - underneath the red wig another one? No it's Stella! Katy faints. Wakes up 3 months later with a new hairdo and an urge to exercise.

It's Laura!

Katy and Laura have history. A teen crush turns sour when Katy comes to Laura for help after finding out that her maaaaa is getting the ram on. Katy discovers Laura's steroid addiction and in an effort to silence Katy, Laura locks the door at the top of the stairs in the community centre - the stairs end there - there is no way out...unless you follow Laura's strict exercise regime.

I can't believe it! It's Deegan.

Yes he shares a flat with a mechanic who has nothing in common with him - a flat owned by the mechanic's x wife - (we only remember that because why else reintroduce that poor acting in the 4000th episode)

Yes they are the odd couple. But Deegan is always going missing sometimes for years - so he's well used to being off camera. Deegan leads a double life. He is a taxi driver. He picks Katy up on her trip to Galway but he doesn't want Katy to reveal his reality. He actually drove her through Dublin (the real one) she didn't recognise him at first, but he mentioned a broken tail light in conversation and the penny clicked. In panic Deegan kidnapped Katy and snuck her back to Montrose - he found a safe place to keep her and placed her in the green room for Operation Transformation knowing no-one goes there.

Okay we all know it's Ciarán! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I think we can rule out Cathal in this Katy business and in the end Cathal did not even go to any great lengths humiliating Debbie. He was alone with her, told her to take off her top and then told her he had no interest in her, said something insulting and left. He was playing a practical joke on her vulnerability but he also showed no signs of being anything other than a mouthpiece.

We only saw a brief clip of Katy again this evening. She was doing an exercise routine and did not seem overly concerned about things. Where is she? With all the blame directed at Ciaran Love/Hate and Cathal and the possibility of a random pervert picking her up, it dawned on me this evening that Katy is perhaps more in control of things than one would think. Could it be that she moved to Honduras as she had planned? Could she be spurred on to do this after her mother had an affair?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Cathel has to be somehow involved in Katy's disappearance, why else is he there? :confused:

And Fin 12, in your earlier post, (can't quote) when you mentioned that the "joker" was back, I thought you were referring to Hailey.. :D.. That red lippy was a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I think we can rule out Cathal in this Katy business and in the end Cathal did not even go to any great lengths humiliating Debbie. He was alone with her, told her to take off her top and then told her he had no interest in her, said something insulting and left. He was playing a practical joke on her vulnerability but he also showed no signs of being anything other than a mouthpiece.

We only saw a brief clip of Katy again this evening. She was doing an exercise routine and did not seem overly concerned about things. Where is she? With all the blame directed at Ciaran Love/Hate and Cathal and the possibility of a random pervert picking her up, it dawned on me this evening that Katy is perhaps more in control of things than one would think. Could it be that she moved to Honduras as she had planned? Could she be spurred on to do this after her mother had an affair?

The room that Katy is in appears to have a toilet, a wash hand basin and a bed in close proximity suggesting she is indeed being held in captivity.

I think we may be back to Ciaran again as the main suspect. Debbie convinced herself that Cathal knew where Katy was but it looks like he was just winding her up for kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Bring back pigeon heads girl (the one in the limo).

Can someone explain Debbie's recent meltdown? KT disappeared a few months ago, and Debbie was more concerned with jumping the Ram and stacking vending machines. The last two episodes, the Joker Spillane comes along, merely mentions KTs name, and Debbie is in broad daylight trying to mount him?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Pretzill wrote: »
    She didn't recognise him at first, but he mentioned a broken tail light in conversation and the penny clicked.

Hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

Cathel has to be somehow involved in Katy's disappearance, why else is he there? :confused:

And Fin 12, in your earlier post, (can't quote) when you mentioned that the "joker" was back, I thought you were referring to Hailey.. :D.. That red lippy was a bit much.

To throw the viewers off the scent. Actually would be clever writing. I think he has nothing to do with her going missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

To throw the viewers off the scent. Actually would be clever writing. I think he has nothing to do with her going missing.

You lost your argument when you said clever writing!

Now that the KT saga is coming to an end (in the next two years), who will be the next Missing person to be invesdeeganated?

Doug hasn't been seen since giving your wan a "ride" to Shannon airport

pigeon.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Maybe Doug has a kiss the girls underground complex near the balyntyne where he is keeping women. That Blondie one in the limo and the dancer with the dodgy accent didn't last too long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement