Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

walshb wrote: »
    Can someone explain Debbie's recent meltdown? KT disappeared a few months ago, and Debbie was more concerned with jumping the Ram and stacking vending machines. The last two episodes, the Joker Spillane comes along, merely mentions KTs name, and Debbie is in broad daylight trying to mount him?:confused:

I've been scratching my head thinking about that one walshb and the only thing I can come with is: it was in the script.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

walshb wrote: »
    Can someone explain Debbie's recent meltdown? KT disappeared a few months ago, and Debbie was more concerned with jumping the Ram and stacking vending machines. The last two episodes, the Joker Spillane comes along, merely mentions KTs name, and Debbie is in broad daylight trying to mount him?:confused:

It seems nearly everyone was acting out of character this week, not just Debbie : Paul, Niamh, Rachel, Emmet and a few more. The scriptwriters have gone for the "let's have everyone go mental" approach to ramp up the drama and the tension.

Strazdas wrote: »
    It seems nearly everyone was acting out of character this week, not just Debbie : Paul, Niamh, Rachel, Emmet and a few more. The scriptwriters have gone for the "let's have everyone go mental" approach to ramp up the drama and the tension.

.... didn't work :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I wish FC would do a bit more research into renting in Ireland. Unless Deegan rents the whole house (which I presume he doesn't) then he doesn't have any rights like he claimed. He's a tenant and if Ray's ex wants to move back in she can take his room.

Maybe I'm spending too much time hanging around the Accommodation forum but it just really bugged me.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Nice to hear Keith is living it up in Morocco. Wonder how Una is getting on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I wish FC would do a bit more research into renting in Ireland. Unless Deegan rents the whole house (which I presume he doesn't) then he doesn't have any rights like he claimed. He's a tenant and if Ray's ex wants to move back in she can take his room.

Maybe I'm spending too much time hanging around the Accommodation forum but it just really bugged me.

AFAIK re landlord/tenant law (as horrible a part of property study it is) Deegan would have all those rights he claimed. Which ones are you referring to? I wasn't over listening!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

The room that Katy is in appears to have a toilet, a wash hand basin and a bed in close proximity suggesting she is indeed being held in captivity.

I think we may be back to Ciaran again as the main suspect. Debbie convinced herself that Cathal knew where Katy was but it looks like he was just winding her up for kicks.
    Looks like a dingy bedsit in rathmines!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Off topic but I hope one of you know the answer. When I get an email notifying me that there is a new post on a thread, I click on the link and it goes to page 1of the thread. Is there anyway to go directly to the latest post? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

As the apartment is in part owner occupied Deegan is NOT a tenant legally. He's a licensee and has little or no rights. That's my understanding.

desbrook wrote: »
    As the apartment is in part owner occupied Deegan is NOT a tenant legally. He's a licensee and has little or no rights. That's my understanding.

it wasn't part owner occupied. He rents it as a tenant. Thats the rent agreement. She can't just arrive back in and break the tenant agreement.

• Advertisement

happyday wrote: »
    Off topic but I hope one of you know the answer. When I get an email notifying me that there is a new post on a thread, I click on the link and it goes to page 1of the thread. Is there anyway to go directly to the latest post? TIA

When it brings you into the first page, you could click on 'view first unread' half way down the page on the left hand side just above the first poster's username

it wasn't part owner occupied. He rents it as a tenant. Thats the rent agreement. She can't just arrive back in and break the tenant agreement.

Ray is part owner ? He lives there ? It's a private home.

Ray is part owner ? He lives there ? It's a private home.

oh, I thought she was the only one who owned it? fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Anyone think it could be Oisin that had Katie and she has agreed to it?

Maybe Katie had a breakdown and wanted revenge on her mother and Oisin who's taking revenge on his father would have no problem helping her..

Or else Tommy ?!

Funniest moment this week was Oisin saying to Paul "I'm waiting for your answer", singing the Countdown clock theme at him and then "Time's up!" before turning to Niamh and saying "Dad's been a naughty boy again" :D

je551e wrote: »

Maybe Katie had a breakdown and wanted revenge on her mother and Oisin who's taking revenge on his father would have no problem helping her..

Or else Tommy ?!

no!

LoveHate has her!

FIN.

Or else Tommy ?!

Katy doesn't look happy at all in the short scenes we've seen so we'd have to assume she's being held captive.

I doubt Oisin is connected at all but I could believe it of Tommy, he certainly has been unstable in the past and shown signs of mental illness. The hints seem to be pointing at Ciaran though but I'm baffled as to what his motive could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Katy doesn't look happy at all in the short scenes we've seen so we'd have to assume she's being held captive.

I doubt Oisin is connected at all but I could believe it of Tommy, he certainly has been unstable in the past and shown signs of mental illness. The hints seem to be pointing at Ciaran though but I'm baffled as to what his motive could be.

Let's be real here .. did Katy ever look happy?

Am I the only one a tad confused why people are even considering she may not be being held hostage?! Could it not be more obvious!!!

katy%203.jpg

Let's be real here .. did Katy ever look happy?

A bit happier than Sourpuss I'd say until Michael passed away :)

• Advertisement

Throwback to the time Caddle morphed into Flynn in the mirror!

landscape_soaps-fair-city-w46-e177-04.jpg

She's in an unfinished studio apartment at the top of the Ballantyne. My money's on Tommy.

Throwback to the time Caddle morphed into Flynn in the mirror!

landscape_soaps-fair-city-w46-e177-04.jpg

A certain Michael Jackson song springs to mind ðŸ˜

A certain Michael Jackson song springs to mind ðŸ˜

there is a few........... an album worth!

"Smooth criminal,"
    "Man in the Mirror"
    "You are not alone"
    "Bad"
    "Somebody's Watching Me"
    "Dangerous"
    "Do you know where your children are" (ie who is minding Jack today)

And, of course.................. a good old Flynn siege style saying and a song by MJ "Get on the Floor"!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

there is a few........... an album worth!

"Smooth criminal,"
    "Man in the Mirror"
    "You are not alone"
    "Bad"
    "Somebody's Watching Me"
    "Dangerous"
    "Do you know where your children are" (ie who is minding Jack today)

And, of course.................. a good old Flynn siege style saying and a song by MJ "Get on the Floor"!

What about Blood on the dance floor. Aka carol and Robbins wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Or else Tommy ?!

But if she had a breakdown she wouldn't be happy either

Am I the only one a tad confused why people are even considering she may not be being held hostage?! Could it not be more obvious!!!

katy%203.jpg

I wonder who would have the expertise to construct a "cell" like that with a fitted toilet and wash hand basin......Tommy? Sounds plausible. Ciaran?

I wonder who would have the expertise to construct a "cell" like that with a fitted toilet and wash hand basin......Tommy? Sounds plausible. Ciaran?

I am beginning to think............

Perhaps she went on a smuggling expidition for occasional "when the writers remember" steroid addict Lycra Laura, they were very close

She could be doing a Michaella McCollum on us

Sure she even has the bun in her hair and the same lifeless face!! It looks like one of those dingey Peruvian style cells..........

1890407.main_image.jpg

On another note, LEAVE THE RAM OUT OF THIS. He is far too busy pleasing the women of Carrigstown for that kind of silly carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Another screamer that's it's Love Hate is his "lock up" FC doesn't introduce new sets for no reason. What mechanic who works in a garage and rents a whole house with garden needs a seperate workshop for his one motorbike?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Another screamer that's it's Love Hate is his "lock up" FC doesn't introduce new sets for no reason. What mechanic who works in a garage and rents a whole house with garden needs a seperate workshop for his one motorbike?

Wasn't he off with Fara when she tracked him down to the lock up and said more or less to keep it quiet? I'm convinced it's him but my mother thinks it's Tommy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement