Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Another screamer that's it's Love Hate is his "lock up" FC doesn't introduce new sets for no reason. What mechanic who works in a garage and rents a whole house with garden needs a seperate workshop for his one motorbike?

In fairness LoveHate is one of the most technically gifted bike mechanics around, the only mechanic in Ireland able to diagnose and repair a hairline fracture on a bike. Its a complicated procedure and can only be done in a secluded environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Another screamer that's it's Love Hate is his "lock up" FC doesn't introduce new sets for no reason. What mechanic who works in a garage and rents a whole house with garden needs a seperate workshop for his one motorbike?

I see what you mean but is it ever that logical on FC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Am I the only one a tad confused why people are even considering she may not be being held hostage?! Could it not be more obvious!!!

katy%203.jpg

Its like a scene out of Room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Also the Boardroom doubles as the Hospital Room.

Why does a shared office space need a Boardroom. Who ever calls?

Could someone please put something in Niamh's handbag?

I previously said I texted my mam in Australia about this thread. She is now hooked. My dad was wondering what we were laughing about recently so him. He now hooked on thread. Great way to introduce man approaching 80 to internet on phone. Thanks FC!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I can totally buy that. What on earth would be his motive though....a psychopath / sociopath perhaps? The guy that kidnapped Natascha Kampusch was your classic weirdo and loner, Josef Fritzl was more of a control freak and bully on the other hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

And it's always possible that KT is hiding out in a convent or retreat house of some kind, or maybe joined a sect . She could be hiding out somewhere voluntarily.
    There doesn't seem to be any locks on the door of her "cell''.
    Of course, we all know that FC doesn't 'do' doorlocks, as Tommy, Stripey, Paul, Hayley and countless others have found out....
    There's also the matter of the producers not ever going to admit that the Boardies were right about L/H all along... Though here I'm going to nail my colours to the mast and say, once again, that the whole L/H involvement never struck me as plausible, despite the often sensible posts on here pointing to the possibilities. I'll finish by saying that if L/H turns out to have treated KT in any way other than helpfully, I'll eat my sombrero with Tabasco sauce.

coolhull wrote: »
    And it's always possible that KT is hiding out in a convent or retreat house of some kind, or maybe joined a secret. She could be hiding out somewhere voluntarily.
    There doesn't seem to be any locks on the door of her "cell''.
    Of course, we all know that FC doesn't 'do' doorlocks, as Tommy, Stripey, Paul, Hayley and countless others have found out....
    There's also the matter of the producers not ever going to admit that the Boardies were right about L/H all along... Though here I'm going to nail my colours to the mast and say, once again, that the whole L/H involvement never struck as plausible, despite the often sensible posts on here pointing to the possibilities. I'll finish by saying that if L/H turns out to have treated KT in any way other than helpfully, I'll eat my somber.

The room she's in looks very makeshift and cramped though, especially with the bed right beside the toilet. I think we have to assume she is being held captive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Strazdas wrote: »
    The room she's in looks very makeshift and cramped though, especially with the bed right beside the toilet. I think we have to assume she is being held captive.

Yeah but what type of abducter leaves you toothpaste and imperial leather soap?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Pretzill wrote: »
    Yeah but what type of abducter leaves you toothpaste and imperial leather soap?

And lets her out to the hairdresser to have her roots topped up...as somebody pointed out earlier iirc, she had brown hair with highlights when she went missing, now it's all the one colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

katy%203.jpg

Looking at the picture again, was it that Laurence Llewellyn - Bowen interior designer fella got the contract to decorate that room? Toilet two feet from the bed, probably handy if you get taken short during the night. And a really cool wall-covering of horizontal and vertical stripes, in 'Channel Tunnel - Grey'.
    Surely another reason Not to suspect L/H, as anyone who falls for the rather cute Garda would never have such poor taste in house furnishings.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Strazdas wrote: »
    I wonder who would have the expertise to construct a "cell" like that with a fitted toilet and wash hand basin......Tommy? Sounds plausible. Ciaran?

Damien?

LoveHate, at this stage, would be disgusted some people doubt his involvement! He has tried his best to give every possible hint to everyone that he is!!
    The guy can't get a break in the gangster business!
    Even the Bishops don't smell a rat!

At this stage, I hope its not him!! If it is, it would mean there was some sort of logic by the writers when he appears bang on cue everytime her name is mentioned! If not, it is possibly the most bizzare coincidence in the history of the soap! I was half expecting him to peep out of Stripey's bra the other night when she was begging for info from Cathal!

And this thread would go into Boards.ie Insolvency if we were to have sensible logic appearing! I hope, for the thread's sake its Greyface or Doug who have her!

Damien?

He certainly would yes, as would Pete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Catching up on this it is now probably clear that Katy is being held captive a la the Austrian women in recent times. Joining the dots, it would have to be someone who Katy initially trusted. Various characters have been blamed. How likely are they?

Tommy? He is a new suspect. Sure he was spying on his wife and had the attic converted. Katy had found out about his affair with his mother. The fact that Tommy wanted Debbie to leave her husband for him and for her to tell him she's finished with it rules Tommy out of capturing Katy to keep his affair with her mother quiet. I'd be very surprised if it was Tommy.

Ciaran Love/Hate? He is always helping the O'Briens and has been the main suspect with most people. Yet there is no evidence telling us he is weird. There seems to be no strangeness about him. Perhaps, he may have been involved in the extent that he drove her to a train station or something but I don't think it is him.

Cathal? Pure and simple Cathal is a distraction. He has been winding Debbie up and she fell for him pretending to know something about it. It is not Cathal.

Doug, Oisin or Damien? Very very unlikely. Actually 100% unlikely.

Paul? Well since the mood with all characters is to blame him for everything (whether he has done it or not), we can pin this on him too!

My bet is it has to do with this Honduras situation. She may have gone there or contacted the people about it and there are a variety of possibilities after that. Suppose she was to meet some contact in relation to going there and he captures her and imprisons her? I feel there has to be a link between Katy herself and what happened.

Ironically, the person who benefits most from Katy's disappearance is actually Debbie! But she clearly is not behind it. There is no other person I can see who would benefit though and no hints to who it might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Maybe she just started a women's shed and nobody else showed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

I don't want love hate to be a bad guy, I hope it's Stella who is holding KT captive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

threetrees wrote: »
    I don't want love hate to be a bad guy, I hope it's Stella who is holding KT captive.

Maybe Stella or someone Katy met through Stella is responsible?

"He is not worth it"

Debbie's favourite words.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jaysus, Ray's ex is some dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Considering Cathal and his Dad kidnapped the Gripets could they not call the Guards in Cathal for harassment? Or could they not report that he's floating around C-Town for no reason claiming to know what happened to KT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Did i see Katie on fair city on Wednesday or Thursday. It was at the very beginning, doing push ups. Or was I imagining it. Where has she gone again?

Has Kerrianne a speech impediment? Why does she speak like that? I thought her character was supposed to be Polish or something and she was doing an accent!

oh, god, Not a love triangle with Mongo, Deco and Kerri-anno.

"Now that they are married..............what will we do with them plot wise..................love triangle?"

"wow, that could be an interesting departure for the soap"

Maybe she just started a women's shed and nobody else showed up.

Lol

Paul's house makes me depressed if that's what a millionaire gaff is supposed to look like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

This break up is pathetic,absolutely pathetic.

Who the fupp would break up a marriage this easily?!?

Rays first plot in two years..........................................a plot surrounding him leaving...............

• Registered Users Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

It looks like Deegan is going to get the ride off Ray's ex. Ray will come back from his holiday to find her handcuffed to the bedpost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

It looks like Deegan is going to get the ride off Ray's ex. Ray will come back from his holiday to find her handcuffed to the bedpost.

No, just no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Jeez, that was some 'wear' with Paulio and Miss Piggy. Niamh could've set up a fooking foto shoot in the time she spent catching them out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement