Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Just a bit of useless information for you's...... In real life, Ciaran is Ellies uncle...

Ok that's weird. Btw if i was ciaran I wouldn't mind Jane flirting with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Ok that's weird. Btw if i was ciaran I wouldn't mind Jane flirting with me.

I think Jane is going through a mid-life-crisis, giving her phone number to radomers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

I think Jane is going through a mid-life-crisis, giving her phone number to radomers.

Why can't I meet people like her going through the same crisis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is Ciaran the new guy from Love/hate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

fin12 wrote: »
    Is Ciaran the new guy from Love/hate?

Yes, I think he only had one scene in the pub, that was when Jane gave him her phone number, he hasn't been seen since.... Oh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭threetrees

I laughed at the conveniently empty drawer in which Dermot placed the photo. Most people I know including myself have drawers like that crammed with stuff!

How about Ben coming home with Deirdre, shacking up with Dermot, then taking on another foster child, who happens to be Ellie as Granny Renee can't cope, meaning both of Brendan Daly's children will be living in the same house? Not too unrealistic in FC terms!

Rachel's hair is fantastic, has anyone noticed?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Are we to understand that the Oisin issue resolved itself?
    And has the Damien / Pete disagreement come to a successful conclusion?
    And is the laundrette running itself?
    Has Rachel added babysitting to her CV, along with running her global hostel empire? Has she been nominated for Businesswomen of the Year?
    Is Carol's amazing new Elite Limousine Service gone worldwide yet?
    Is the Condors basketball team still top of the Premiership league?
    Is Cass's play on in the Abbey yet, and where do I book the tickets?
    Did Hughie saving a fortune by having Jane and Orla switch managerial positions?
    Is McAlpine Construction Ltd still working on the massive shed re-building project at the allotment?

Have we on this thread become so brainwashed that we'll take any ould sh1te they throw at us?
    Of course we will! If FC were to start giving us sensible story lines, we'd all switch of in droves.
    RTE doesn't do comedy, but if they did, Fair City would be up there with the likes of ''Balamory" and "The Magic Roundabout"
    And we wouldn't have it any other way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Jane being date raped could be a good storyline if done right. No one believing her as she gets around a bit etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭I wear socks

Jane being date raped could be a good storyline if done right. No one believing her as she gets around a bit etc etc

No that wouldn't be a good storyline at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,144 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

They already went down the date rape route with Yvonne a couple of years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

No that wouldn't be a good storyline at all.

It would be a good story to be honest, if it was done correctly. Actress that plays Jane isn't the worst on the show by any means.

But current Fair City writers couldn't handle that I fear. Also it would be the exact same story as Yvonne three years ago. She was similarly even on dating site, where she met him.

Knowing FC they will just look through the script archives and recycle the same plot however.

Hard to know what to do with Jane. She has been massively underused for last year or so. I am not sure where in gods name she went, both as the actor and character for 7 months or so. Maybe she was filming something but Ive just looked at the actors credits and she has nothing affiliated to her. Yet we had to endure Dull Pierce, that ridiculous back and forth lesbian story and a plot about wheelchair basketball during her absence.

She plays a very good femme fatale but in The Clinic she played a very loveable character also so she has a bit of versatility.....and of course she has great "on screen presence in that green tshirt" if you get me!!:D:D

I think they should recast Callum for Jane at this stage, she has no close connections at all at all. Maybe bring in another family member to support her character.

I'm going to think of a good story plot involving this new character (Ciaran, is it?) this afternoon....................I know you will all be waiting with bated breath!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

This new guy could turn out to be a serial killer, now that would be interesting.

This new guy could turn out to be a serial killer, now that would be interesting.

Charlie
    Dan
    Damien
    Howdya Hayley
    Bella
    Sourpuss
    Mongo
    Nina

At least we can be happy that unlike most new character in FC this Ciaran guy is not suddenly everywhere you look now that he has arrived. Randomly walking around the street bumping into Jane every single episode as if hes been there all his life.

Anyway perhaps he is somewhat ivolved in this new venture Wayne and Caddle are involved in.

Can someone please explain that plot because i genuinely only know wayne bought a second hand car and sold it. Then Caddle and Don Paulioni got involved some way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I think the new guy is going to be trouble either way. A rape story could be very good. Or maybe a load of his gangster friends from Spain could follow Zumo back to Carrickstown because he owes them money and an all out war could ensue. The Bishops vs The Alicante drug dealers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,456 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think a rape storyline for Jane would be good, give the character a new direction and let the actress show her acting chops

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Please tell me ppl saw niamh on the ray darcy show....cringe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

laylag wrote: »

Yeah I was watching. In fairness she wasn't bad at all. But you'd have to wonder who's minding little Ruthie? :eek:

Never a good idea for a woman of a certain age to try and be overtly sexual. If a bloke of Niamh's age tried that, he would be met with raucous laughter :D

Oh. My. God.

It was cringe !

You could only get away with that it you had amazing legs ....not good , not good :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Oh. My. God.

It was cringe !

You could only get away with that it you had amazing legs ....not good , not good :-(

She is so pretty but the whole set up of it was just weird....and the sitting on the laps of the random men in the audience was the worst!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

She is so pretty but the whole set up of it was just weird....and the sitting on the laps of the random men in the audience was the worst!!

I didn't see it so I have no idea of what is going on....why was she sitting on laps???

I didn't see it so I have no idea of what is going on....why was she sitting on laps???

She was doing a supposedly "hot" song / dance routine wearing black leather shorts and fishnet tights but it was veering towards watching an aunt or granny making a show of herself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Strazdas wrote: »
    She was doing a supposedly "hot" song / dance routine wearing black leather shorts and fishnet tights but it was veering towards watching an aunt or granny making a show of herself :D

Right. That sounds like a pretty random trainwreck alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Strazdas wrote: »

it made madonna seem classy

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8xq2tcQ71U

I'm cringing on her behalf!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

redbuck wrote: »

WTF was that all about???

Lets get it out of the way, yes very cringey and I was never a fan of the actress after a few stories, one involving my young niece.

But In fairness to her she had a bit of stage presence and a half decent voice. And it must have taken some balls to get up and be doing that! She seems to have really boosted her confidence levels over the last two years, I recall her smothered in that long black coat like it was a sleeping bag for years which was just as cringeworthy so fair dues to her that she has built herself the confidence to do that! In that respect more power to her.

They could do a storyline where a friend of hers persuades her to join a kind of a mild burlesque club and she doesn't tell Paul! And Oisin visits it leading to an awkward situation! A kind of a light humoured plot to take away from these either attempts at serious or else just downright annoying plots at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

We have suffered a wheelchair basketball team, a boot camp, a silly 1916 play,
    Now we have a poxy bowling team, FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

redbuck wrote: »

Was there some sort of context? Like is she performing in some kind of cabaret show somewhere or something? Otherwise it's just odd?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement