Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

These scenes with Niamh sitting around with The Don and Howdya Hayley with Niamh making smart, sarcastic comments and The Don acting ridiculously stupid as to not knowing she knows and is trolling him are just going to be repeated and repeated and repeated

There's no way Paul and Hayley wouldn't have spotted Niamh is acting like a borderline psychopath at the moment, beaming all the time and coming across as really weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Why does Katie need to have curtain around her bed when she's the only one in the room!! Unless she's sharing it with somebody else............I'd say Damo Caomhe and the babby are in the other corner and need some privacy

It just dawned on me she needs the curtain because of the camera!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Actually now that I think about it, The Ram would have motive for keeping KT captive. It played into his hands in the early days as Stripey needed him more because of KT being missing. Also by keeping her captive, she couldn't blurt out about their affair....plus now we have a camera....and he has form....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Actually now that I think about it, The Ram would have motive for keeping KT captive. It played into his hands in the early days as Stripey needed him more because of KT being missing. Also by keeping her captive, she couldn't blurt out about their affair....plus now we have a camera....and he has form....

why would Tommy care whether the affair was revealed??? He has nothing to lose. Only Stripey does. Cost analysis of kidnapping her daughter versus revelation of affair??
    I know this is a soap and The Ram has history but that story of him keeping her captive so as that she wont tell on him would be up there with the most nonsensical of stories??

Also KT was heading to Galway, she had no intention of revealing the affair before she left. Stripey and Ram knew that. Although, writers have probably forgot.

#itsLoveHate

chuckles30 wrote: »

The Ram does have a history of mental health problems too and there's no particular evidence he was ever "cured".

• Advertisement

Strazdas wrote: »
    The Ram does have a history of mental health problems too and there's no particular evidence he was ever "cured".

but they spent 2 weeks already accusing the Ram. I would be sure that was the writers way of making us suspicious and subsequently ruling him out.
    That was the problem with the plot, they had more or less ruled out some prime suspects when Deegan spent 2 days interviewing everyone.
    As far as I recall The Ram had an alibi that evening, by Caoimhe and No Neck.

There was also dome sort of banging above KT, like steel being hammered. It seemed like she was responding to that when she shouted "are you there".
    Like mechanical work.
    Wasn't The Ram with Morbeg for the night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Have we ruled out that it might be the 'man shed' she is locked in....?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

It's not Tommy he not even interested in Debbie, he was only using her for sex but she started to develop feelings and then he started to freak out so used the excuse oh we can't do this anymore cause your married, and now she's trying to get them to start up the affair again and you can see him squirming.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Have we ruled out that it might be the 'man shed' she is locked in....?

One thing I noticed is that it seems to have no natural light, just a light bulb hanging from the ceiling. Which in itself would be very scary for Katy as she would have no sense of when it is night or day, not unless her captor has left her a radio. I'm assuming it must be in a remote or secluded spot where nobody is nearby.

I do wonder where on earth they're going with this storyline. Being held captive for months like this would be a very traumatic and life changing event for her.

I think her location is underneath the garage floor (perhaps an enlarged car pit) in this randomly appearing backstreet garage LoveHate suddenly has, even though he is only in the area a couple of months and can barely afford rent. He didnt want the cop about that time also. FC rarely introduce new set locations other than when there is a reason for its appearance.

hence her shouting up when she hears the metal banging above her. The curtain was probably the producers way of hiding the pit roof as if we saw that, it would be very evident that she is under some sort of steel roof.

• Advertisement

I think her location is underneath the garage floor (perhaps an enlarged car pit) in this randomly appearing backstreet garage LoveHate suddenly has, even though he is only in the area a couple of months and can barely afford rent. He didnt want the cop about that time also. FC rarely introduce new set locations other than when there is a reason for its appearance.

hence her shouting up when she hears the metal banging above her. The curtain was probably the producers way of hiding the pit roof as if we saw that, it would be very evident that she is under some sort of steel roof.

Just thinking the light bulb would rule out anywhere out outdoors as it would need a power supply. What about a lock up, would that have electricity?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

but they spent 2 weeks already accusing the Ram. I would be sure that was the writers way of making us suspicious and subsequently ruling him out.
    That was the problem with the plot, they had more or less ruled out some prime suspects when Deegan spent 2 days interviewing everyone.
    As far as I recall The Ram had an alibi that evening, by Caoimhe and No Neck.

There was also dome sort of banging above KT, like steel being hammered.?

That was the Ram bangin' Jackie, giving her a good seeing-to with his trusty mutton hammer....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

You'd never get a toilet and sink into a garage pit.

sligojoek wrote: »
    You'd never get a toilet and sink into a garage pit.

Its Fair City! I also said enlarged Pit! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Its Fair City! I also said enlarged Pit! :D
    I know dat, caller.

My point is that gravity could cause a few problems with waste.

I thought it was underground too! I assume the (easy to remove) insulation is for soundproofing, so you never know where she is. Below the ballintyne? Under the workshop? Out in Stella's gaf in Kildare ??

sligojoek wrote: »
    I know dat, caller.

My point is that gravity could cause a few problems with waste.

hence I also said its Fair City, caller!! Suspension of reality ................

I thought it was underground too! I assume the (easy to remove) insulation is for soundproofing, so you never know where she is. Below the ballintyne? Under the workshop? Out in Stella's gaf in Kildare ??

I'm not sure a wash hand basin or toilet would work underground though, it would have to be connected to the regular drainage system of a house or property.

Whoever has built the cell seems to have knowledge of construction and plumbing.

I think somebody is walking over her on top, I was thinking it sounded like someone walking around on the ceiling of where she is being kept, I think she's in a basement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I think she's captive in the two storey bungalow.
    For sure it's love hate... or else Stella she seemed pretty unstable to me and has stabbed from what I recall in the past.
    Then again maybe it was oisin all along,he is pretty creepy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I'm not sure a wash hand basin or toilet would work underground though, it would have to be connected to the regular drainage system of a house or property.

Whoever has built the cell seems to have knowledge of construction and plumbing.

Oh maybe it's the go to guys....

The Ram is great with plumbing..........

fin12 wrote: »
    I think somebody is walking over her on top, I was thinking it sounded like someone walking around on the ceiling of where she is being kept, I think she's in a basement.

That could well be the case, though most Irish properties don't actually have one (Britain doesn't have them either....they're far more prevalent in Europe and the USA)

Stop trying to make sense or logic of it (notes to himself to heed his own advice!), Its FC! The reason this thread thrives is due to the suspension of reality!!

That could well be the case, though most Irish properties don't actually have one (Britain doesn't have them either....they're far more prevalent in Europe and the USA)

Ya but didn't Josef Fritzl purposely build one or he definetly extended an existing basement as the more babies had to be accomadated there along with his daughter.

Good point! You know that, now WE know that. But the question is, do the fair city writers know that :D

As an aside, as long as the waste etc flow down to a sewer, wouldn't it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Highlight from last nights episode
    ray%20mondo_zpsqibccvsq.jpg

Highlight from last nights episode
    ray%20mondo_zpsqibccvsq.jpg

Heather is released????

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya but didn't Josef Fritzl purposely build one or he definetly extended an existing basement as the more babies had to be accomadated there along with his daughter.

That's right. Many European houses have a basement or cellar that would mainly be used for storage purposes (would not be suitable for living in due to the lack of daylight), but he converted his one into a living area and even had a kitchen and bathroom.

The overwhelming majority of Irish houses and premises don't have a basement or cellar though which makes you wonder where Katy is.

• Advertisement

That's right. Many European houses have a basement or cellar that would mainly be used for storage purposes (would not be suitable for living in due to the lack of daylight), but he converted his one into a living area and even had a kitchen and bathroom.

The overwhelming majority of Irish houses and premises don't have a basement or cellar though which makes you wonder where Katy is.

I doubt the writers have a clue either

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement