Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Well Katy seems to be well looked after, what with the change of towels, it's obvious now, her capture is someone who works in a hotel /Pod! . ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Deegan and Ray's sloppy seconds 'will they won't they?'Greatest story since Bunion Kelly's bunions!

I love Oisins subtle digs at Paul... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,777 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Niamh running Comet now, maybe she will get with Raymondo Jnr :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Oisin would've been a better fit as janes son than callum. Callums nothing like her, Oisin has that sly manipulative side to him like Jane.

Would've been better if Oisin actor had been cast as callum.

• Advertisement

Did anyone notice the walls shaking when Katy was pounding on the wall? Sunday night?... I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Definetly Tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

So its clear they are KTs clothes handed in to Helping Hand. But Bunnion didn't recognise the person..........hmmmmmmmmmm

I think that Charlie has Katie and he is pretending that her clothes were left into the Helping Hand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I think that Charlie has Katie and he is pretending that her clothes were left into the Helping Hand!

Oh please let that be it!!!

Posh Charlie / Working Class Charlie /Psychotic Charlie

jonah-hill-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I don't think Katie even knows who abducted her, he probably never interacts with her and just puts whatever she needs through the door. Feel sorry for Eoghan.

Who sent Paul the Message?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

fin12 wrote: »
    I don't think Katie even knows who abducted her, he probably never interacts with her and just puts whatever she needs through the door. Feel sorry for Eoghan.

Niamh did off an obsolete phone and sym card that Hughie gave her.

Oh right did he give her the SIM card tonight?

niamh (I think, was only half watching). Hughie, the ever growing sociopath gave it to her (the new simcard)

Yeah, Eoghan and Stripey were a good, believable couple.

But the day always comes when you just have to give in to The Ram.

niamh (I think, was only half watching). Hughie, the ever growing sociopath gave it to her (the new simcard)

Ya I just watched the episode but completely missed the part with the phone. I think it would be funny if another person gets in on the blackmailing, Hughie should let it slip to Wayne, and then he should become another blackmailer.

Oh right did he give her the SIM card tonight?
    Yeah he gave her the old phone and unused sym card. Which she used almost straight away. She text him. But I thought she was going to send him on the photos she has. Which she didn't. !

Ah come on now Bread, you're "only half watching"? keep up, I realy on your posts... :)

Ah come on now Bread, you're "only half watching"? keep up, I realy on your posts... :)

BT Sports watching Celtic , KT O'Brien in a Cell, a fine mixture

BT Sports watching Celtic , KT O'Brien in a Cell, a fine mixture
    Did you go to see celtic the musical last week.in the gaiety theatre. It was fantastic. !

Spoiler] Katy is in a South American prison for drug smuggling, she's in solitary confinement.. [spoiler)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

It is a mystery who has Katy and what her exact status is! Various names have been thrown out for varied reasons: Cathal because he is an enemy of the family, Tommy because of the camera, Ciaran Love/Hate because he is so helpful to the family, and even unlikely ones such as Oisin. Everyone is possible and we can throw Paul in as he is guilty of everything else!

If it is a known character, it in the end boils down to Stella for me. The first thing to remember is Katy decided to disappear/run away herself. That means that at least initially this was her idea. It would seem that she went to someone she thought she could trust and that person took her in and agreed to 'hide' her. No way would that be Tommy! It would not be Cathal either. I'm unsure if Ciaran Love/Hate even knew her and if he is involved it is only through someone else! Debbie may have more of a motive to hide her than anyone but she is a mess and it is genuine upset. Emmett likewise is genuinely a mess and upset so he is not in on it either. Stella looks a lot more obvious.

Who would Katy go to? Her brother? Counted out. Laura? Hardly possible she would do this. Her friends like Charlotte or Rachel? Neither would have that in them either. Counting out all these she could go to, that leaves Stella. Stella is connected to a gang, is an unknown quantity, is shown to be unstable and she may be related to Flynn and out for revenge. She may be Cathal's daughter or sister or cousin? Even though I don't think Cathal is involved, Stella could still be related to him. I personally don't believe she is connected to Cathal or Flynn but it is a possibility. I think instead Katy went to Stella who arranged to 'hide' her and now Stella controls her and Katy only half believes she is held captive and half believes she is being helped. Either that, or Katy went about that 'Honduras' business via some contact in Dublin only to find he or she is a sicko instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Putting my money on Cathal. He's bad enough. Haven't figured out why yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Yeah he gave her the old phone and unused sym card. Which she used almost straight away. She text him. But I thought she was going to send him on the photos she has. Which she didn't. !
    I was hoping he's ring the number and the phone would go off in her bag. Could you imagine the look on Oisi'n's face?

There's one for the scriptwriters if they're reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Bunnion Kelly mixing voices tonight

So its clear they are KTs clothes handed in to Helping Hand. But Bunnion didn't recognise the person..........hmmmmmmmmmm

He didn't say he had taken the delivery - they could just as easily have been left at the door.
    When Dermot was giving out to Zoe I thought she had stumbled upon some clothing that was distinctively Katys

He didn't say he had taken the delivery - they could just as easily have been left at the door.
    When Dermot was giving out to Zoe I thought she had stumbled upon some clothing that was distinctively Katys

yeah, I thought that also. But that would have made sense to do something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I'm still mostly with the love/hate theory. Mainly because of the lock up and his ninja ability to appear everytime Katy's name it uttered.

But what is his motive?

Was he a friend of mumbles and so distraught by his death he wants Eoghan to suffer by stealing his only daughter?

Is he connected to Flynn and Cathal - doesn't seem likely - Cathal's reappearance has been bizarre and so have his scenes.

Is there a family link? Maybe Katy is being held hostage by Stripey's first hubby mumbles da - maybe LoveHate is working for him or related to him.

I don't know ;)

The Ram has more motive and previous but he's been kipping in the janitor's closet at the Ballintyne surely if he had a room with a loo and wash hand basin he'd be living in it - not filming it.

Stella would be a good one - but we've seen little enough of her to to give us any inkling to motive or even her personality.

The whole story arc is hard to believe. Katy leaves home, distraught, upset - tells her da she's off to Galway but the last we see of her is a lost looking girl walking away - a hint that she may have been thinking desperately -

So if she was abducted off the street which local would already have a fully fitted, sound proofed, CCTV set-up room in which to keep her? To take her conviently at a time when she was going away - that involves planning and being informed.

(Ooh I got all serious there for a bit...this reveal better not be a big letdown :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

If I was in the abductor's shoes I'd be burning any clothes of Katy's. The last place I'd be taking them is to a charity shop in Carrigstown.

^ Yeah its very obviously Love Hate who has taken her (but not raped her?, so I dunno he may just get kicks from doing it which is a weird way to drag out a story for 6 months) but I still have a niggling feeling that the whole Stella coming back for an interview was way too out of whack even for FC and Love Hate could have easily have overheard Deegan mentioning the affair, or Alana, or the Ram, or Melanie, but no, they specifically picked Stella to come back and blurt out the affair and right in front of Ciaran, just way too staged for my liking..

In the end the simplest answer is usually the truth so Ciaran has her with possible help from Stella and is defo keeping her in some makeshift pit near his private garage premises. Nothing else makes any sense.

Ciaran has her in his mysterious lock up, we'll find out why when the writers work it out, rape is far too heavy for FC to deal with so I can't see that being part of it, then KT is gonna be released and slot back into society like nothing happened.

I'm too drunk actually to give a good reading of tonight's episode, but deffo not Oisin in the KT mix. It' only if the actor is planning on leaving FC. We all know it's Ciaran. Why? I reckon the FC writers left that up to the work experience kid. WEK usually got blamed for everything on a forum I used to frequent. I'm definitely thinking WEK is responsible for FC's media releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ciaran has her in his mysterious lock up, we'll find out why when the writers work it out, rape is far too heavy for FC to deal with so I can't see that being part of it, then KT is gonna be released and slot back into society like nothing happened.

Motive is the strangest aspect of this story. People are usually abducted for a ransom or by someone who is a bit unhinged or has a personality disorder. The only reason I could think of for Ciaran abducting Katy would be the sexual angle but FC surely wouldn't go there, which leaves me rather stumped.

I reckon we're very close to the 'reveal' anyway, it looks imminent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Definetly Tommy

I hope not, at the time of her going missing he was constantly in room 220 with Debbie! It wouldn't really make sense!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement