Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

world cup qualifier on next Thursday on Rte2, so no fair city!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Ciaran has her in his mysterious lock up, we'll find out why when the writers work it out, rape is far too heavy for FC to deal with so I can't see that being part of it, then KT is gonna be released and slot back into society like nothing happened.

They have dealt with rape a few times before - Lorraine Molloy, Yvonne Doyle and I have a vague memory of Carol being raped by Billy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

world cup qualifier on next Thursday on Rte2, so no fair city!

Hardly a spoiler!!!!!! No fair city next Thursday due to the match.

Cue uproar again directed at RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Ha I don't actually even know why I put it in spoiler tags!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So can we all agree now that Santa Claus is as much under suspicion as anyone in the show? They have handled it so poorly that none of the cast members can really be suspected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Maybe Tommy built the dungeon using the money he stole from Cathal...

He definitely has not used that money to pay rent.

Ha I don't actually even know why I put it in spoiler tags!

Possibly the safest thing to do seeming that every time RTE doesn't show an episode we have to go through the process of explaining to angry viewers that thevery producers are only contracted for a certain amount of episodes per year and tend to accommodate this by dropping days that are clashing with events such as matches!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bm_1212

am gonna throw this out there
    THE MOTHER IS HOLDING HER CAPTIVE

what possible motives you ask?
    -wanted to stop her telling about the affair
    -wanted to keep her 'safe' after her brother died
    -shes having a bit of a breakdown
    -always acted strangely when asked about her

and thats the end of that chapter!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,777 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

bm_1212 wrote: »

That would be a good twist

Low budget option for FC producers (they have just taken on Writer 646 - a senior infants refugee who speaks no English- )
    as Stripey wouldnt need new clothes for any jail scenes if she is charged.

09f4b4dca44030e4e75874aa4a58a43f.jpg

• Advertisement

If I was KT i would break the camera, seems the most logical thing, no? Then set up some sort of trap when/if he comes down to see whats wrong/fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

That would mean
    ....yet another character having a breakdown and being sectioned. I could buy it but why the weird scene then where she was going to have sex with Cathal?

Strazdas wrote: »
    That would mean
    ....yet another character having a breakdown and being sectioned. I could buy it but why the weird scene then where she was going to have sex with Cathal?

no, its 100% not her!!! unless she completely forgot about it!!!

no, its 100% not her!!! unless she completely forgot about it!!!

Just thinking though....
    .....didn't she lie about receiving texts from Katie in Galway after she went missing? Having said that, I can't imagine she would have the expertise to construct a cell with plumbing and mount cameras into the ceiling

Just thinking though....

.....didn't she lie about receiving texts from Katie in Galway after she went missing? Having said that, I can't imagine she would have the expertise to construct a cell with plumbing and mount cameras into the ceiling

She almost went as far as sh£gging a man who had held her at knifepoint for information about her!!!

I thought it was a joke re Stripey when someone speculated it could be her!!! Didnt think it was a serious accusation!! :D

Oh and this is not spoiler type talk!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Just thinking though....
    She would be the one with the greatest motive at least then to keep Katy quiet. That said she does seem genuinely upset and her desperation with Cathal automatically rules her out. She at the beginning wanted her to stay away for a bit sure but not to disappear completely. Strangely enough Katy does not seem angry with her captor which leads me to believe it is someone she half trusts. She would be angry with her mother, in fact livid if she captured her and locked her up to hide her affair. The same if it were Tommy. Those 2 are out of the equation for those reasons.

She almost went as far as sh£gging a man who had held her at knifepoint for information about her!!!

I thought it was a joke re Stripey when someone speculated it could be her!!! Didnt think it was a serious accusation!! :D

Oh and this is not spoiler type talk!!!

I suppose the bizarre behaviour part could be explained if she genuinely was having a mental breakdown ie. she has done something terrible but has somehow convinced herself she hasn't actually done it and it must have been someone else eg. Cathal. It's fun to speculate anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

I said it months ago!

But then again, KT seems like she's in a rickety shed (walls were shaking) And who do we know that loves a good shed

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    I said it months ago!

And you are still wrong months later!!!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

And you are still wrong months later!!!!!

:D

You seem to know alot, Do you have her?

• Advertisement

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    You seem to know alot, Do you have her?

tZOS8.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

walshb wrote: »
    So can we all agree now that Santa Claus is as much under suspicion as anyone in the show? They have handled it so poorly that none of the cast members can really be suspected.

Wouldn't they have handled it so poorly if it was the opposite that it was so obvious who did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

fin12 wrote: »
    Wouldn't they have handled it so poorly if it was the opposite that it was so obvious who did it.

No. They didn't need to make it very obvious, but at least something that the viewer could dissect and follow. In other words, some sort of logic. Right now and recently we have had people blaming characters based off a myriad of normal behaviour. Nothing approaching logic.The only logical part of the story is that FC is just being itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

No. They didn't need to make it very obvious, but at least something that the viewer could dissect and follow. In other words, some sort of logic. Right now and recently we have had people blaming characters based off a myriad of normal behaviour. Nothing approaching logic.The only logical part of the story is that FC is just being itself!

Well I didn't come to the conclusion that it was Ciaran based on nothing. I think the writers have given subtle clues around him.

I know you are referring to LoveHate again!! :D

To say his behaviour and sudden scene appearing is normal is a tad naive!!! But we have gone over this so many time that you refuse to see it any other way!! :D
    I think you are expecting someone to be walking around the village with an ipad watching the live camera feed and a chain around his/her neck with the key!!!

I am just messing with you btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

To figure out her captor, we need to figure out the motive.
    Who has a reason to keep Katy alive but away from her family but without any ransom demand?

Could Michael's dad have her and he's keeping her there til after Eoghans sentencing so she can't give a victim impact statement? Could Ciaran be connected to Michael (but surely Emmet would know him)

Does Cathal actually have her and doesn't want her revealing all at the sentencing?

Does Oisin have her because she overheard him plotting with Nicola and he doesn't want her to ruin his plan to being down Paul and he hasn't killed her because he actually wants her to sing like a canary when he's done.

Or did she stumble upon someone else doing something untoward and they want it kept quiet but they didn't want to kill her?

It's driving me mad that it's dragged on this long and it's driving me mad that I'm so keen to know. It's also driving me mad that the reveal is going to be a total damp squib

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

To figure out her captor, we need to figure out the motive.
    Who has a reason to keep Katy alive but away from her family but without any ransom demand?

Could Michael's dad have her and he's keeping her there til after Eoghans sentencing so she can't give a victim impact statement? Could Ciaran be connected to Michael (but surely Emmet would know him)

Does Cathal actually have her and doesn't want her revealing all at the sentencing?

Does Oisin have her because she overheard him plotting with Nicola and he doesn't want her to ruin his plan to being down Paul and he hasn't killed her because he actually wants her to sing like a canary when he's done.

Or did she stumble upon someone else doing something untoward and they want it kept quiet but they didn't want to kill her?

It's driving me mad that it's dragged on this long and it's driving me mad that I'm so keen to know. It's also driving me mad that the reveal is going to be a total damp squib

Not Oisin anyway. I'd be very surprised if it turned out to be him. The others are all possible and Stella seems most possible for me. Or could there be someone who is supposed to be dead or gone behind it?

I remember watching the James Bond film Diamonds Are Forever for the first time before the internet and spoilers. Was surprised that the hidden villain turned out to be none other than Blofeld who we saw Bond 'kill' early on in the film in revenge for the death of his wife at the end of the previous film. Was a good twist and did not see it coming first time but was obvious the second time watching it.

So, are there any characters we are missing that are supposed to be dead or gone? How about Flynn? I assume he was really sick and is dead. What about Martin Baxter? He certainly would be a surprise and would be the type. And could Baxter be Debbie's former lover?

fin12 wrote: »
    Well I didn't come to the conclusion that it was Ciaran based on nothing. I think the writers have given subtle clues around him.

Lol!

Maybe Whispering Bob has her under his patio

jordache_banner.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

I'd be surprised if it was Stella tbh. RTE probably don't want a lesbian character to be revealed as a psycho kidnapper. The social justice warriors would cause an uproar!

That being said it could be fun if they do go with Stella!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement