Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

That's mad!!

As an aside Could be Neill!

oooooooooohhhhh, that would actually make a decent twist, although he is missing and not mentioned for a year now and the spoiler said that
    could the person be living under their nose the whole time...... (emphasis on the dots

If they had neil turn up now and then, even for a couple of random episodes, it would give that element.
    What they should be doing at this stage is throwing out hints for a number of possibilities to wet our suspicions. I guess they done it with Cathal but it was clear he wasnt involved when he arrived back.
    The only one they have done that for is LH with the washing and I think things like that are very good things. They need a number of possible candidates involved at the same time, rather than excluding them, one by one.
    Have Neil in buying comics, have that Homeless guy who carried out the Great Spar Siege, that mysterious guy Nussy was obsessing about, have another one or two new characters doing suspicious things, have The Ram disappearing every now and then.

Then just before the Reveal, have them all picking up washing and heading out around the same time and one of them putting the washing through the cubby hole thing before the camera pans up and we see who it is!

That would be tension and a good reveal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Then just before the Reveal, have them all picking up washing and heading out around the same time and one of them putting the washing through the cubby hole thing before the camera pans up and we see who it is!

Ooooooh that would be good.

I do hope the Ciaran doing washing thing has some significance and wasn't just a coincidence by Writer 29. Because in some ways it doesn't make sense; why give clothes to the charity shop and launderette in the locality?

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    I nominate The Talking Bread for the Boardsies Bursary.

Bursary!

Installation!

Comet!

Help I can't stop!

Bursary!

Installation!

Comet!

Help I can't stop!

It's like that person who finds a new "big" word and trys to convey intelligence by dropping it into EVERY sentence for a fortnight before he forgets it, no matter what the conversation is!!
    It is monochromatic, I tell you, monochromatic, monochromatic, monochromatic

monochromatic

• Registered Users Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Its charlie.

100%

Remember when Cass and Bella signed him up for AirBnB? Charlie's taking this to the whole new level.....

Haha....wouldn't he be talking to her in his fake posh Dublin accent though? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Strazdas wrote:
    Haha....wouldn't he be talking to her in his fake posh Dublin accent though?

He's already got form when it comes to changing his accent!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

I do hope the Ciaran doing washing thing has some significance and wasn't just a coincidence by Writer 29. Because in some ways it doesn't make sense; why give clothes to the charity shop and launderette in the locality?

At first I thought it'd be that Ciaran opens the bag, sees the clothes, and panics thinking he's been found out, but the more I think about it, I don't think it's going to be something that gets Ciaran caught.

I reckon it'll be that Emmett sees the clothes, accuses Ciaran, Ciaran is actually innocent, and they clear it up and then it reignites the search for her.

Logically, they would look at CCTV from the Helping Hand when they figure it out, but logic is banned in Carrigstown.

I also think that Ciaran wouldn't be stupid enough to leave clothes into the Helping Hand in the first place.

Hopefully, the writers are building up multiple suspects.

My money is on Tommy.

He built the hostage shack to prove he deserved a place in the go to guys as a handy man, not just a redundant landscaper.
    Then, Katy being a bit nosey, went to have a look and got locked in by mistake.

Tommy doesn't want to be exposed as a terrible handy man, and so he feels kidnapping another woman is the least inconvenient outcome.

Have to pull you up on this, it has been bugging me.

You are mistaking writer 29 with writer 47

Although I can see the reason why, given the last two days.

Writer 29 is Director of Writing in plots involving the Charity Shop

Writer 47 " " " " in plots involving The Laundrette.

Although there would have been some crossover a few months back when they sat down for a week to write that scene where Bunnion brought the clothes from The Charity Shop to the Laundrette.

A fantastic creative scene, not easy to put together, given the intertwining of two separate locations in Carrigstown, so credit where its due.

So, yes, an easy (enough) mistake to make in mixing the two writers up.

Incidentally, Writer 47 is 5 this week! Big party organised by all the other writers!

C-Shore wrote: »
    I reckon it'll be that Emmett sees the clothes, accuses Ciaran, Ciaran is actually innocent, and they clear it up and then it reignites the search for her.

Knowing fair city this will happen, and get dragged out over around 2 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

It needs to be resolved within the next few weeks though, the thought of this back and forth between a voice and Katy in a cell dragging on for more time is unbearable. I will miss the "Missing" posters though when the story is resolved. I cant imagine Katy wanting to stay around though if or when she is rescued, no doubt the O Brien family might move away after all their years of trauma.

• Advertisement

Incidentally, Writer 47 is 5 this week! Big party organised by all the other writers!

Will it be promoted by Comet?

Knowing fair city this will happen, and get dragged out over around 2 weeks!

That's optimistic!

Sure Lucy had 4 birthdays before she was figured out.

C-Shore wrote: »
    Will it be promoted by Comet?

you will have to speak to Writer 93 about that. He is over the "Writing research team that implicate new words into the show and oversee/enforce them so as to use them in every other scene"

It needs to be resolved within the next few weeks though, the thought of this back and forth between a voice and Katy in a cell dragging on for more time is unbearable. I will miss the "Missing" posters though when the story is resolved. I cant imagine Katy wanting to stay around though if or when she is rescued, no doubt the O Brien family might move away after all their years of trauma.

Yeah good point, the whole family is in bits, what way do they go?

This won't help the housing crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Wasn't Tommy Dillon living in an unused part of the hotel a while ago? Maybe that's where he is holding KT.

Dolly has a million pounds robbed out of her bank account........................Doesn't call the Guards
    Nussy has her handbag robbed.................3 month intensive investigation

Charlit kicks over a wheelbarrow.............Deegan investigates
    The Don is held hostage ............. not even a report to the guards

Cathal holds Stripey at knifepoint..................O'Briens don't even report it
    Gripey brushes against Mumbles by accident ............hands himself in as his killer

Cathal harasses and blackmails Stripey and Gripey for months and then comes back and blackmails her for sex...............no report nor garda interference
    Sean takes a piddle in the street.............................Deegan treats him like he is after committing arson

FC actors commit crimes against acting...........................new contracts
    Christy acts well............................fired

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Maybe it's Dr. Shane , Bobs son, Katy found out about heather drugging her child and the doctors involvement and was threatening a story

Or Katy found out it was Nina who committed the crime Sash did time for and Nina got her kidnapped by some guy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Or maybe Bella is holding Katy :eek: haven't seen him for ages... :eek:..... It really is a head-scratcher plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

My money's on Tommy. The man has motive and as far as stalking is concerned, his CV reads well. He has her up in the allotments serving her time for exposing him and Gripey/stripeys (which is which!) Affair.

On a side note, I bet the bursary that the RTE Guide will have a front page with the face of the kidnapper. They have absolutely NO tack when it comes to spoilers. So let's enjoy the suspicion while we can!

rustyf81 wrote: »

On a side note, I bet the bursary that the RTE Guide will have a front page with the face of the kidnapper. They have absolutely NO tack when it comes to spoilers. So let's enjoy the suspicion while we can!

and for those of us who don't buy the RTÉ guide, nor frequent places where it is sold; posters will just come on here and talk about who it is because 'it's not a spoiler anymore , everyone knows, shure lookit it's on the Rte guide!!!!'

Let's make a deal not to do this. Unless this drags out for a mind numbing eternity and we all agree it's no longer fun. :)

• Advertisement

rustyf81 wrote: »
    My money's on Tommy. The man has motive and as far as stalking is concerned, his CV reads well. He has her up in the allotments serving her time for exposing him and Gripey/stripeys (which is which!) Affair.

Why in God's name would The Ram care about an affair coming out? He has nothing to lose. He works digging up weeds and fixing leaks, is homeless had no partner at the time and he never even speaks to his kids.

Plus it's The Ram.

I get his past but the affair reason makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

I get his past but the affair reason makes no sense.[/quote]

This is Fair City.....when do storylines ever make sense?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Why in God's name would The Ram care about an affair coming out? He has nothing to lose. He works digging up weeds and fixing leaks, is homeless had no partner at the time and he never even speaks to his kids.

Plus it's The Ram.

I get his past but the affair reason makes no sense.

Tommy's moved on to a different wan now though, no?

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Tommy's moved on to a different wan now though, no?

eh, yeah, about two months after she was kidnapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

eh, yeah, about two months after she was kidnapped.

Oh yeah, gotcha. well why doesn't he just blindfold her and kick her out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I'd say there be some smell off that box when she gets out

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

bazermc wrote:
    I'd say there be some smell off that box when she gets out
    Not to mention the room she's being held in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

All the scenes in the Ballintyne lately and Melanie hasn't been seen once. The girl spent three weeks cleaning a wall/desk/vending machine in the forgotten gym and they couldn't throw a few hours her way now.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Not to mention the room she's being held in!!

The camera drives me mad during KT's kidnap scenes. Beyond shaky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I hope yer man (love hate or Tommy) at least told KT the Dubs won last night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement