Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

bazermc wrote: »
    I hope yer man (love hate or Tommy) at least told KT the Dubs won last night.

i doubt the Ram gives a sh!te. Not after the hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Its a bit hard to accept that now, after most of May, all of June, July, August and most of September, that its NOW that Katy has had enough of spending 24/7 in that windowless cell. Most people would go insane after a week or two! And it looks like she doesn't know who it is as she never refers to him or her by name plus she is only asking to see sunlight now after all these months. What the hell has she been doing to pass the time- brushing her hair!

They have some job trying to come up with a plausible motive for this story. Money, sex and torture are now ruled out so that leaves revenge by Cathal or kidnapping by Stella/Ciaran/both. Why would Tommy care about the affair coming out. Sure everyone knows now- Deegan. Alana, Melanie and lets not forget his own daughter caught them on the sofa, its old news!

The only saving grace would be if this was Bunion Kelly. It was him who, out of nowhere brought in smelly clothes from the "charity shop" to clean, it was him who has had nothing to do for the last few months up to The Bursary presentation. It is he who has the ability to change voices all the time.

Perhaps he is getting some sort of tumour or dementia and sees Esther or Mags (the wife he has completely forgot about) in KT.

Or maybe its a big insurance fraud that him and Emmett are involved with (Charlie has history in this area)

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/fair-city-actor-admits-part-in-insurance-fraud-1.21426

Emmett was dodging about, always skiving and robbing (off LoveHate) around the time KT went missing, he was also involved in her last scene and was very mean to her. Bunion Kelly is always looking for a quick buck for the man shed or the Community centre.
    They set up a fundraising campaign to find KT, Emmet is pretending to be all over the countries putting up posters (but is spending the fundraising money on himself). Also suddenly the Bunnion has plenty of funds, able to rebuild the Manshed and the community centre is thriving throwing on huge events like The Bursary last week.

And then there is this magical €5,000 that Emmett went out on his own and won a day after "pretending" to go suddenly batsh!t crazy about KT out of nowhere (conveniently at The Big Bursary Bash ORGANISED by The Bunnion....... ............hmmmmmmmm A distraction,............looking for more fundraising. Which he got as there was a huge crowd of affluent businesses there who felt sorry for him.........perfect timing.

And then he suddenly turns up the next episode WITH €5000 .............. and not a mention of KT and trying to fraud a poverty stricken dying man out of €200 quid . When he could logically pay for himself with €5000 suddenly in his pocket.

Obviously the person who has her has some kind of empathy tpo her as they are feeding her, washing yher clothes, getting in make up artists and hairdressers for her when she is asleep at night. (hence she woke up staring at herself in the miorror wondering wtf, I look like I've been to a spa, my hair dyed a different colour, mascara the works!)

katy-2.jpg

LoveHate has his suspicions or is a decoy, aid and abetter and is throwing The Ripeys off the scent by sticking like glue to Emmet and ensuring he doesn't act suspicious.

He is also helping him far too much and fixing the bike he robbed.

raw

And they would of got away with it

If it wasn't for that Pesky Talking Bread

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

Jesus, man...get a life or a hobby or something.

• Advertisement

gossamer wrote: »
    Jesus, man...get a life or a hobby or something.

get a sense of humour. (or at least accustom yourself to most posters' humour here!)............. why come on the thread to insult and make personal remarks based on a bloody post...... especially on this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

get a sense of humour. (or at least accustom yourself to most posters' humour here!)............. why come on the thread to insult and make personal remarks based on a bloody post...... especially on this thread!

Nice edit. I'd laugh if it was funny, believe me.

Although, my apologies. I will refrain from such impulsivity in the future, might save you a few exclamation marks.

take your sarcastic frustrations elsewhere! wrong thread.

If it turns out to be Charlie then I'm officially out as that would be the most convoluted and nonsensical person ever. Plus they weren't to know that KT dashed away partly because of the affair.

There are only a finite number of people it could be. Her own family? Nope, unless Debbie had had a complete breakdown and somehow set up a concrete, elaborate jail with a mechanism for passing food and clothes through to her and knows how to rig a camera and plumb a toilet. Tommy? He has form but it makes no sense as so many people know about the affair. Love Hate? Yep, but motive is unknown. Stella? Possible, didn't want gang info to get out and panicked and is now trapped with a prisoner. Stella and Ciaran together hired as revenge by Cathal? Most likely.

I just want to know at this stage whats going on, I sense we wont know until Christmas. Maybe its Ruthie all along!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

take your sarcastic frustrations elsewhere! wrong thread.
    Why are you so rude to a poster who has a different opinion to yours. Life is diverse there was nothing wrong with gossamer s post. I personally thought it was extremely cruel of you to drag up some part of a fair city actors past from 17 years ago. So do I need to exit your thread now as well. ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I'm really swaying towards somehow Stella is involved. The character had scenes with Katy only really.

I'm really swaying towards somehow Stella is involved. The character had scenes with Katy only really.

I agree. Really the other suspects like Oisin and Cathal were only red herrings in my opinion and you have to remember that Stella found out that KT was planning to expose her past as a girl gang member and Stella almost flipped but did agree to meet her again, when she softened up a bit but I think the damage was already done (remember KT shared the stabbing story with Emmet, Rachel AND Charlotte) and Stella may have, with friends, kidnapped her and now has panicked or maybe shes connected to Ciaran in this regard.

She turned up looking for work in the same hotel Debbie works in, and blurts out the affair in front of Ciaran, just WAAAAYYYYY too much of a set up to be natural.

Even if Stella isn't involved I would like to see her again, she could be a very interesting character.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 roise2000

Who's money is on Greasy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Lackey wrote: »
    Does anyone suspect Katie's girlfriend with the 'past'

Still thinking it's Stella five months on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Its a bit hard to accept that now, after most of May, all of June, July, August and most of September, that its NOW that Katy has had enough of spending 24/7 in that windowless cell. Most people would go insane after a week or two! And it looks like she doesn't know who it is as she never refers to him or her by name plus she is only asking to see sunlight now after all these months. What the hell has she been doing to pass the time- brushing her hair!

They have some job trying to come up with a plausible motive for this story. Money, sex and torture are now ruled out so that leaves revenge by Cathal or kidnapping by Stella/Ciaran/both. Why would Tommy care about the affair coming out. Sure everyone knows now- Deegan. Alana, Melanie and lets not forget his own daughter caught them on the sofa, its old news!

Indeed, Katy is reacting the way you would expect her to be during the first few days of being in captivity. I don't get any sense from the scenes that she has been there for months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I agree. Really the other suspects like Oisin and Cathal were only red herrings in my opinion and you have to remember that Stella found out that KT was planning to expose her past as a girl gang member and Stella almost flipped but did agree to meet her again, when she softened up a bit but I think the damage was already done (remember KT shared the stabbing story with Emmet, Rachel AND Charlotte) and Stella may have, with friends, kidnapped her and now has panicked or maybe shes connected to Ciaran in this regard.

She turned up looking for work in the same hotel Debbie works in, and blurts out the affair in front of Ciaran, just WAAAAYYYYY too much of a set up to be natural.

Even if Stella isn't involved I would like to see her again, she could be a very interesting character.

Stella is somehow involved but is not the actual kidnapper as he is a man. But a man connected to her in some way. Perhaps Stella has a dark past and this man is part of it. I somehow don't believe the man who is holding her is known to us but he is connected to probably Stella, maybe to Cathal or Ciaran Love/Hate or maybe to someone else.

Are we to rule out Cathal? I think so. Too obvious and I feel he is motivated by money and there's nothing in this for him. Cathal strikes me also as a person who is an in out get it over quick type who would not have the patience for a lengthy kidnap. He also comes across as all talk and he is not really violent and he is not a killer or a true kidnapper. Any link to Cathal will be indirect via Stella's gang being connected to the Flynns. Perhaps, Stella's gang are ruffled by the Cathal and Flynn fallout and have acted to kidnap Katy in case she finds out more about Stella and her connections exposed secrets to do with the Flynn empire.

Ciaran Love/Hate is a mystery. It is like he was pushed from a balcony or something and changed his identity from Pauley to Ciaran :) Seriously, he may be connected but the man speaking as the captor is not him or anyone else I can think of.

The only other possibilities are minute and there seems to be a clear reason for ruling them out: for example, these men in the shelter. We know one of them, the Irish one, is very capable of crime but is locked up. The other Syrian? or Iraqi? guy hardly either as it would be racist to have such a storyline. Some have mentioned Tommy and even Charlie and Robbie. Tommy is connected to the O'Briens via his affair but I think the camera dimension is added to mislead us. As for Charlie and Robbie: 100% unlikely. One guy I was suspecting earlier was Trigger Foley. But he is in prison so it's definitely not him.

the voice was under a muffler or some sort of voice distortion transmitter. So it is clear it is someone who is trying to hide their voice, hence someone who knows her.

It also does sound a bit like him,

well Emmetts well over his KT breakdown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Why did Wayne spend €400 on a suit when he was stone broke a few months ago?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Why did Wayne spend €400 on a suit when he was stone broke a few months ago?!?

Probably because he was getting it for nothing via Dermish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,339 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Does anyone have a smartphone in Carrigstown?

all the zombies in spar!!

Is Dermish really an educated accountant? If so, why d fcuk would he A: be giving 200 euro to the local thief, and B: asking-imploring the local thief to win. It's poker, Dermish. There's a slight chance you could lose!

Oh, and even if you win, there's a slight chance that the local thief might just tell a lie and say you lost!

Would niamh really not put that second phone on silent.

Oh, these ad break cliffhangers. Enthralling!

walshb wrote: »
    Oh, these ad break cliffhangers. Enthralling!

literally ALWAYS an anticlimax!!!

literally ALWAYS an anticlimax!!!

Constant nonsense....

literally never seen these 2 ever interact!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

No All Ireland final in the Fair City universe! Ah jaysus Derms it's only a cheeky 2 hundred euro? Don't accountants charge that an hour? Or is Derms a full time washer woman now? Derms is giving Carol abuse for "Duds" after her husband was the only person in town to give a crap about his illness and gave him a wad of cash! KT is acting like she's been in there a few days, it's been months! If she wasn't eating she'd be dead by now! Hi 5! Lol

• Advertisement

Johnny's got ya covered

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement