Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Yeah that happens to me as well sometimes. And you have to look up the original boards.ie site and rejoin. It's weird

Rejoin as in with a new username?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

fin12 wrote: »
    Off topic but does anyone know why an internet server would block u from accessing boards.ie. i cant access boards on my ipad or laptop, keep getting this message access denied when i click in on a thread I follow, its just my phone that lets me acess the threads, im using the same internet on the phone. Its very annoying.

I know a fella who can sort you out with laptop stuff

gallery_soaps-fair-city-week-45-ep-171-05.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

It's the canary from the carbon monoxide ad that kidnapped kt.

wQwMPBA.png

:pac:

The man has form with this creepy behaviour

0003bb05-545.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Yeah that happens to me as well sometimes. And you have to look up the original boards.ie site and rejoin. It's weird

Rejoin as in with a new username?
    No the same one. Though I sometimes think posters on this site have a couple of names. One in particularly......definitely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Dermot to Carol : ‘’I’m dying. It’s cancer. The doctors have given me just months to live’’
    ‘’No, no! The doctors are wrong,’’ says the woman who owns a non-working cab company, has a full-time job in a pub, is also a part-time, stay-the-fcuk-away mother, and apparently now is also a consultant oncologist.

Oisin to Paul : ‘’So do I have your blessing to go ahead and turn the Dolphin Pod into a speakeasy?’’
    ‘’Yeah, yeah, go ahead, do whatever you want’’
    Paul, being a bit of a thicko, doesn’t realise that speakeasys died out in the thirties in Chicago, were never really a feature of the licencing trade here, and anyway are totally illegal in Ireland.
    ‘’Yeah, yeah, I know all that, but what can I do? Sure he’s my sonnnnn’’

KT’s abductor, in fairness , is a decent ould skin. At 0.45 on the RTE Player, I saw the lunch Katie got from her captor. I paused the screen and counted (sad, I know!) ...3 sandwiches, 4 slices of toast, 4 bananas, 2 small trays of mixed fruit, 4 paper bags of unidentified goodies, a Granny Smith apple, a salt cellar and a serviette. And for dessert, 2 chocolate bars.....Jaysis, with service like that, I don’t see why she’d want to escape. And go back to dining on empty yoghurts pots from the Hungry Pig?

GlenRose is so tormented and bothered by her son’ s marital difficulties that she decides that the best place to discuss it is just inside the front door of the local supermarket.
    ‘’Stripey, we don’t do things like leaving our spouses’’ ‘’
    Stripey : ‘’We? Who is ‘we’?
    ‘’ People like us .Okay, so maybe we forget all about our missing daughter for months at a time and only mention her name when writer #44 requires it, or maybe when Love/ Hate is within hearing distance. Or maybe even sometimes we might kill our son with a strategically-placed elbow , you know, just to milk the storyline. Yes we might do little harmless inconsequential things like that, but Holy God, we don’t leave our husbands’’

And the poor confused extra with the black beard in Spar, going through agonies of indecision over whether to buy a packet of Monster Munch or a bag of Jelly Babies. He’s obviously been told, ‘’I don’t care how long it takes, you just keep staring at those snack foods and scratching the bejaysus out of your beard till our wonderful TV stars have finished discussing their private lives in the middle of the aisle.’’

Ahh, Fair City, eh? Without it, life would be, well, normal, I suppose............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

It now seems to be obvious that this guy knows her and wants her to eat and he seems to care about her in a weird way. She does not know him or either does he want to reveal himself to her. Katy going into the shower while he comes in reveals Katy must never have watched any James Bond films especially Goldfinger! She could have set up a trap and whacked him! Or else she seems to be half in on this or was at least at the start. Something anyway lead her to 'trust' this person at the start. Her motive was originally to hurt her mother.

Lots of names given about who is behind it. Ciaran Love/Hate seems to be the most blamed. I think Stella is somehow involved but it is not her who is holding her as it is a man who is doing the actual kidnapping. I think Cathal and Tommy are red herrings. As for Charlie, I don't know why he is even being mentioned. No way is it him. And who the hell is Ruth?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

lyza wrote: »
    I think its love/hate who has KT.Cathal hired love/hate to kill KT, love/hate comes to town with no job , but enough money to be able to pay a deposit and rent on a three bed house straight away (part payment for hit). Love/hate meets KT and can not go through with it , so he hides K/T and tells cathal the job is done so he won't hire someone else to kill her . Now what can he do with her if he lets her go Cathal will know love/hate has duped him and taken his money, so, now love/hates own life could be in danger. Something along those lines maybe.

Not a bad theory at all.

It's very strange that Katy doesn't even know why she has been kidnapped. It seems the captor has told her absolutely nothing.

take your sarcastic frustrations elsewhere! wrong thread.

Maybe he was just making a point....you don't speak for everyone here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I took Katie's final scene as a look of shock when she realised her captor knew her name, followed by a look of realisation when she realised she knew the voice/accent (to me a definite Ciarans way of saying KT) and then fear when he said goodbye and turned out the lights. Did anyone else take that from it?

Hope something culminates out of this story soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,316 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I missed the end. Did her captor speak to her in a normal non distorted voice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

walshb wrote: »
    I missed the end. Did her captor speak to her in a normal non distorted voice?

Hey said something like Goodbye Katie (when she still refused to eat) ,and she did a bit of a double take, and then he turned off the lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Omg those scenes with Katie are so creepy and scary.

Thank you - I thought I was the only one freaked out by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

"goodbye Katy " ..... It sounds to me that he's just going to leave her there and scram, if that happens Katy will manage to find a way out so we may never know who the kidnapper is. :(

Yeah she'll all of a sudden realise that kicking through cardboard is possible, even on an empty stomach!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Perhaps he will leave her there now , and someone like Tommy or Gripey will find her and be the good guy and we will never know who kidnapped her.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Perhaps he will leave her there now , and someone like Tommy or Gripey will find her and be the good guy and we will never know who kidnapped her.

We all know who....

EILEEN-COLGAN-FUNER90257492.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

When Paul gets these texts / pictures from the mystery stalker, why does he not just ring the number ? He'd have found out who is doing it by now if he had.

Until months down the line when someone will say "goodbye Katie" and she'll recognise the tone and it'll all become clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

Until months down the line when someone will say "goodbye Katie" and she'll recognise the tone and it'll all become clear!

Oh God, stop giving them ideas! :P

I'm assuming the kidnapper must have held Katy at some other location for the first few weeks, unless he had constructed that "cell" even before he abducted her. It's more elaborate than we first thought, with a shower with hot running water and everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,316 ✭✭✭✭walshb

If it's not one of the cast members past or present then what is the point of this story? And if it is one of the past or present cast members what is the point? The actual point is that it really looks like this story is a complete load of co&k!

BTW, a real thought just crossed my mind. Do you remember the recent siege (yes, one of the sieges) where Mumbles died. That night there was a suspicious "extra" enquiring about the reception area (or maybe it was the hot water in his room not working, or some other query) in the Ballintine not being manned. He was quickly/abruptly dismissed and put back in his box. I always thought to myself that this dude would come back for his revenge.....

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Strazdas wrote: »
    I'm assuming the kidnapper must have held Katy at some other location for the first few weeks, unless he had constructed that "cell" even before he abducted her. It's more elaborate than we first thought, with a shower with hot running water and everything.

It'll be on Daft.ie for 1400 a month as soon as she escapes.

walshb wrote: »
    If it's not one of the cast members past or present then what is the point of this story? And if it is one of the past or present cast members what is the point? The actual point is that it really looks like this story is a complete load of co&k!

BTW, a real thought just crossed my mind. Do you remember the recent siege (yes, one of the sieges) where Mumbles died. That night there was a suspicious "extra" enquiring about the reception area (or maybe it was the hot water in his room not working, or some other query) in the Ballintine not being manned. He was quickly/abruptly dismissed and put back in his box. I always thought to myself that this dude would come back for his revenge.....

I always thought he would be called back as a god damn witness. He saw exactly what was happening during the Benny Hill chasing around the hotel.

Maybe he was just making a point....you don't speak for everyone here ?

I'll heed that advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I took Katie's final scene as a look of shock when she realised her captor knew her name, followed by a look of realisation when she realised she knew the voice/accent (to me a definite Ciarans way of saying KT) and then fear when he said goodbye and turned out the lights. Did anyone else take that from it?

Hope something culminates out of this story soon!

But surely the kidnapper well knows her name is Katy! He or she obviously planned this so knew exactly who they wanted to take, and in the unlikely scenario that it IS a random person, then all the posters and talk and even her name on her belongings gives it away.

I think she was more shocked by something she saw but something the viewers didn't see. And the Goodbye at the end was probably an empty threat to get her to eat i.e she had her chance now he/she is going to leave Katy there to die. Pretty dark I must say for a soap..

I think whoever is holding katie is being paid and tonight he is trying to scare her into eating cause he said this is her final warning to eat and then turned the lights out and said goodbye so now she probably shes going to be left there to fie so when he comes back again in a few days she will gladly start eating again.

It is hard to tell. It seems to be clear that:

1. The kidnapper knows Katy.
    2. Katy is unaware of who he is and why he's doing it.
    3. There is a link between him and someone currently in Fair City.
    4. The kidnapper does not want to harm or kill her.

Is the kidnapper someone hiding Katy because he was told to kill her and does not want to and does not know what to do as someone said? Or did he capture her in the knowledge that someone else is after her and he has to keep her safe and does not want to tell her this.

I feel Stella is involved in some way but not necessarily as the bad person. I don't think she is a bad person but is involved with bad people. The Ballintyne hotel may hold the answers to a lot of things. While I don't believe Cathal is involved directly, the fallout from Cathal's tenure as hotel owner could well be in the mix.

Cathal was seen meeting up with this biker guy and clearly Cathal's failure to run the hotel as a front for his dodgy dealings would seriously annoy these people such as this biker. Stella's gang could well be interlinked and Katy could become part of Stella's desire to flee bad people from her past. Someone like Ciaran may or may not be involved but let's say he was. Let's say the Flynn organisation hired him to kill Katy and he did not want to do this (let's say Ciaran is probably a good person but these have something on him). Or let's say Ciaran finds out there is someone out to kill Katy and he kidnaps her to save her from this and now does not know what to do.

One thing is sure, this kidnapper is not a master villain but either a reluctant henchman or a desperate friend of Katy or her family who know her life is in serious danger if she is released.

Trigger Foley would have been the perfect solution but he is in prison. He was taken out of circulation relatively quickly. Are there any other villains we are not thinking of hanging around? Remember that guy associated with Flynn that tried to kill Decco. Maybe he is involved.

The kidnapper not telling Katy why he has abducted her is very unusual. Normally the captive would become aware very quickly what the kidnapper's motive. Sometimes the kidnapper will even tell the hostage a pack of lies, but to say nothing is a strange one.

I get the impression he intends releasing her at some point. If the plan was to kill her, there would be no need to conceal his identity or his reason for taking her.

But surely the kidnapper well knows her name is Katy! He or she obviously planned this so knew exactly who they wanted to take, and in the unlikely scenario that it IS a random person, then all the posters and talk and even her name on her belongings gives it away.

I think she was more shocked by something she saw but something the viewers didn't see. And the Goodbye at the end was probably an empty threat to get her to eat i.e she had her chance now he/she is going to leave Katy there to die. Pretty dark I must say for a soap..

What happened to Katy has clearly got to do with things that happened prior to her disappearance. The most obvious 2 things are it has to do with the Cathal/Ballintyne/Flynn or the Stella storylines but perhaps not. I don't remember much of Katy's earlier storylines and was there anything there to suggest this. The other thing is this place seems to be set up as a guest room where people can stay. It certainly is not the Ballintyne and more like a bedsit or something.

I also got the feeling she's beginning to realise who it is and she is baffled by why this person is doing it.

yeah, you would imagine she would have copped on that he would have known her name by now given the fact there would have been a huge media hunt for a missing young woman!
    No I think, the shock was him turning off the lights going by the spoilers. Sure Katy cant see any camera pictures, she can just see the camera recording her. I too thought that was what happened when she went into shock mode as the lights hadnt even been turned off before she looked shock!
    If you were in her position you would have made efforts to personalise yourself with your captor in an effort to garner some humanity in him. There are just too many holes in the story now.

Why hasnt she smashed up the place, broke down bthe shower door.
    She is there 3 months and shes acting like she is there a couple of hours. I'm not eating until you let me go, just let me go outside, I promise I wont run a away and what do you want from me.

Surely by now she would be smart enough to know he doesnt want to kill her, r$pe her or anything of that sort. She is in a position of stay locked up forever or make an effort to come out.

Katy, go into the shower.
    No problem. I wont even try to make some sort of effort to free myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

What happened to Katy has clearly got to do with things that happened prior to her disappearance. The most obvious 2 things are it has to do with the Cathal/Ballintyne/Flynn or the Stella storylines but perhaps not. I don't remember much of Katy's earlier storylines and was there anything there to suggest this. The other thing is this place seems to be set up as a guest room where people can stay. It certainly is not the Ballintyne and more like a bedsit or something.

I also got the feeling she's beginning to realise who it is and she is baffled by why this person is doing it.

I know FC doesn't do logic but I'm with you that realistically, it must have something to do with, either:

1. Cathal hiring Stella/Ciaran etc to get to know her, Stellas past came out so the plan intensified and now Stella and Ciaran are keeping her on orders to simply torment her family as long as possible or its possible Katy might be being kept by them as they are protecting her from a hit which they overheard.

or....

2. Tommy has gone nuts again and is keeping her in some hidden part of the hotel, he has form and the skills.

Option 2 would be the laziest one ever as it smacks of the writers building to something they have no idea how to resolve but it wouldn't surprise me if they went down that road in a panic to wrap up the story. If it turns out to be some random abductor that's all sense gone out the window. People are only ever kidnapped for money, sexual desire, torture or in panic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement