Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Strazdas wrote: »
    The kidnapper not telling Katy why he has abducted her is very unusual. Normally the captive would become aware very quickly what the kidnapper's motive. Sometimes the kidnapper will even tell the hostage a pack of lies, but to say nothing is a strange one.

I get the impression he intends releasing her at some point. If the plan was to kill her, there would be no need to conceal his identity or his reason for taking her.

That is all true and it is my belief he does not intend to kill her. If he did, he would not be holding her for so long and would not be buying things for her. But what is his motive? Is he protecting her or is he reluctantly forced into holder her? And how did she get into this situation?

Ciaran and Stella of course are two characters we know next to nothing about. While I don't believe either is a bad person, they could be linked into things in some capacity. Let's say the issue is that the kidnapper is holding Katy because there is some threat over her that he does not want to tell her. In such a case, we may well see some major storyline involving some character with criminals and perhaps sorting out the threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

yeah, you would imagine she would have copped on that he would have known her name by now given the fact there would have been a huge media hunt for a missing young woman!
    No I think, the shock was him turning off the lights going by the spoilers. Sure Katy cant see any camera pictures, she can just see the camera recording her. I too thought that was what happened when she went into shock mode as the lights hadnt even been turned off before she looked shock!
    If you were in her position you would have made efforts to personalise yourself with your captor in an effort to garner some humanity in him. There are just too many holes in the story now.

Why hasnt she smashed up the place, broke down bthe shower door.
    She is there 3 months and shes acting like she is there a couple of hours. I'm not eating until you let me go, just let me go outside, I promise I wont run a away and what do you want from me.

Surely by now she would be smart enough to know he doesnt want to kill her, r$pe her or anything of that sort. She is in a position of stay locked up forever or make an effort to come out.

Katy, go into the shower.
    No problem. I wont even try to make some sort of effort to free myself.

Yeah these scenes really should have aired in June at the latest, that's the absolute most that Katy would have put up with before either trying to smash up the place or go completely nuts. But apparently she was happy enough doing sit-ups and brushing her hair for four months before she decided she wanted a change of scenery :rolleyes:

I wouldn't dismiss the obeying him/her in the shower just yet: for all we know, she could have tried something previously and the captor could have attacked her and now she is too scared to do anything.

Was that scene last night the first time the lights went out? Surely not, how about when she was sleeping etc. It was pitched as a dramatic "I'm leaving you forever" scene but its hard to believe that that was the first time she was in darkness.

I know FC doesn't do logic but I'm with you that realistically, it must have something to do with, either:

1. Cathal hiring Stella/Ciaran etc to get to know her, Stellas past came out so the plan intensified and now Stella and Ciaran are keeping her on orders to simply torment her family as long as possible or its possible Katy might be being kept by them as they are protecting her from a hit which they overheard.

or....

2. Tommy has gone nuts again and is keeping her in some hidden part of the hotel, he has form and the skills.

Option 2 would be the laziest one ever as it smacks of the writers building to something they have no idea how to resolve but it wouldn't surprise me if they went down that road in a panic to wrap up the story. If it turns out to be some random abductor that's all sense gone out the window. People are only ever kidnapped for money, sexual desire, torture or in panic.

Both these or variants of them are highly likely. I hope that it is not the option 2 as that would be lazy and would not make much sense. The first option would be good and could provide some great storylines.

I don't feel Cathal is personally involved myself but who knows. I feel those above Cathal are and they would set this up with or without Cathal. Maybe there is a plan of revenge that is intended to hurt both the O'Briens and Cathal who are all blamed for the fall of the hotel as a cover for criminal enterprise. Ciaran and Stella are somehow involved and I feel the kidnap is only the tip of the iceberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Well she would know that chocolate is..................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Just saying.....Stella is defo involved in some way.

069_4356f5bf4894bde2025b139fa384ff3072ab2fae.jpg

Something looks "fishy" about that photo alright. Spar-d to know what it is.............

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Katie could be suffering from stockholm syndrome so thats maybe why she didnt try anything when he told her to go into da shower while he came into the room. She has been held captive since june. That voice is so creepy, because he has hid his voice his idenitity and dont think shes physically properly seen him how can she know if she would be able to overpower him and escape and what would the repacutions be if she failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Could it be that friend that she introduced as a boyfriend before? Clutching at straws here

Could it be that friend that she introduced as a boyfriend before? Clutching at straws here

Mainstream audiences have bad memories and for this story to pay off it cant be some random distant former cousin/friend/passer by who hasn't been seen for months or a year. It must be either a complete stranger that we know nothing about or more likely someone from her life..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Mainstream audiences have bad memories and for this story to pay off it cant be some random distant former cousin/friend/passer by who hasn't been seen for months or a year. It must be either a complete stranger that we know nothing about or more likely someone from her life..

I'm pretty sure the kidnapper is a FC character. If it was a random stranger, there would be no need for the show to conceal his identity from the audience.

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure the kidnapper is a FC character. If it was a random stranger, there would be no need for the show to conceal his identity from the audience.

Except to keep us guessing as to whether it's someone we know, or a random stranger!

Though I don't believe for a second it's a randomer.

It's definitely LoveHate! I do like the speculations and theories though!

It's definitely LoveHate! I do like the speculations and theories though!

The writers surely get ideas from this thread...but I doubt they ever visit.

I'd say so too. We are not been shown him for a reason. It is most likely someone currently or recently in it. It has to be in some way related to issues in Katy's life like the Ballintyne or the Debbie/Tommy affair. It would have to be a memorable character as well not just some minor character.

It would be also a way of reintroducing a bad guy like Martin Baxter. But I think it has more to do with recent events than anything from the distant past.

Let's see where this week takes us. Just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I wonder are they gonna drag this Katy Storyline till Christmas It's gone on far too long.

Ha I stand corrected
    Back to plan A tis definitely love hate

I wonder are they gonna drag this Katy Storyline till Christmas It's gone on far too long.

The question is which Christmas. I dont mind extended plots, it is one thing FC doesn't do, all their plots come and go and are thrown in your face intensively with repetitive scenes and dialogues and very little progress for 3 months. And thats it.
    They had no choice with KT but for her to not be in the shows scenes for 4 odd months as the actress was on a theatre work sabaathical and they had a good plot on their hands if there was some element of sense to it in the interim, some suspects we could really make logic for their potential involvement.

Its just nothing. The scenes we are watching with her, it's just a case of everyone saying, hurry up and just reveal. These scenes are just boring and there is no dramatic element to them. Its the same thing,

KT, eat your dinner.
    No I wont.
    KT this is your last warning, you have until tomorrow to eat your dinner.
    Right KT, I know I said yesterday was your last warning but I am giving you
    one more day to eat that dinner.
    Or what, what will you do to me.
    Do you really want to know what I'll do? I'll give you another warning. That will shut you up.

Bye KT

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bluedress89

i could have sworn i saw the capturer with a silver ring on his finger, when he told KT to go into the shower, i have a screen shot, but new to boards anyone know how i add a picture to a comment??

i could have sworn i saw the capturer with a silver ring on his finger, when he told KT to go into the shower, i have a screen shot, but new to boards anyone know how i add a picture to a comment??

Either use this and put link in centre insertimage.gif

would i be right in saying i can't post a picture because i have a new account?

• Advertisement

Are there any characters we know who wear silver rings?

Greasy!!

would i be right in saying i can't post a picture because i have a new account?

actually, yest, that is right.

we can hang on ufor a few months The reveal is not going anywhere fast

LoveHates ring: 4th finger, right hand, subtly hidden, but not enough.

Screen-Shot-2016-04-12-at-22.51.17.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Everyone please stop trying to form logical explanations it's more torture than KTs gone through. How could it be Stella, she's a 19 year old girl too. Her gang? What gang? What is a girl gang? Where would she get build finance her mini prison? If she was involved with gangsters why does she need a job in the Hotel. It's clearly Ciaran but why? Who knows. It's so rediculous, do you know how you get somone to eat? You stop giving them food. 48 hours with no food and no one will turn down a sambo! "Eat or else!" Don't eat and you die,worse than "or else" What a stinking pile

Guys the funny thing is when KT gets out I suspect we won't know who and we will find out after a few months who her captor is (Ciaran) but also be sure KT and everyone will be buzzing about in a few days like it ever happened. People will stop her in the street and say "oh hey, welcome home, good to see you" Not "Holy sh1t you were held captive for 4 months!" At best Deegan will be on the case, no nation wide-manhunt

Also is there really going to be no mention of Dublin winning the all Ireland? Some true Dubs in Carraigstown!

Haha i took it from RTE player, and just screen shot it, not very clear but it appears to be, I know someone else said it could have been a gold braclet so I thought I'd post it to see what everyone else thought, also maybe to show I was a die hard fair city fan and earned my place in this forum haha! Guess I'll just have to wait......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Just caught up on it after a heavy few days celebrating the Dubs. Putting it out there now - its Emmet!
    He wants to punish Eoghan for killing Michael and Debbie for sticking by him - the reason he flipped out at the bursary award was because he knew there'd be a crowd and it would deflect the attention completely.
    They way he said "KT" at the end clinched it for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Just caught up on it after a heavy few days celebrating the Dubs. Putting it out there now - its Emmet!
    He wants to punish Eoghan for killing Michael and Debbie for sticking by him - the reason he flipped out at the bursary award was because he knew there'd be a crowd and it would deflect the attention completely.
    They way he said "KT" at the end clinched it for me

This is the best theory that's been on this thread so far

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement