Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Life isn't always black and white!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shellybelle

New theory on KT's kidnapper: maybe it's the previously unseen father of Michael and Emmet. KT is not his daughter, she's the spawn of Gripey and Stripey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

New theory on KT's kidnapper: maybe it's the previously unseen father of Michael and Emmet. KT is not his daughter, she's the spawn of Gripey and Stripey.

mooted before. But KT is Gripey's daughter. Mumbles and Eskimo arent.

oops, hastily didnt read that correct!! Disregard above

May be the case, but quite honestly that would p1ss me off. Plenty of time to introduce him for an episode or two to wet the appetite or suspicion on his possible part. To bring in a complete stranger to the viewers would be ridiculous. Never see that in a soap who dunnit. (yeah, I know, its FC!!)
    Why are they hiding him to the viewers then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

How has she never seen the kidnapper? Was she drugged and woke up there? In 4 months has she ever tried to escape? When she's asked to go into the shower what if she didn't would the kidnapper come in and beat her? Has the kidnapper ever done anything to her? It's terrible directing, the whole set up us as if she's only been there a few days. The walls look like they're made with a few 2x4 and insulating foam. In a hostage situation there is usually some punishment when the victim doesn't comply but KT acts like she's never seen the kidnapper. There'd really need to be kidnappers or surely brave confrontation rage KT would try and fight her way out and the kidnapper would have to beat her but there's not a mark on her

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    I find myself going into the detail of the kidnapping in my minds eye. How did she get into this predicament. Were there two people involved. Did she walk into that room or was she carried in bound and gagged. Was she drugged. Is she in Carrigstown or down the country.
    It would take a day or two to put together this hut, so was it preplanned or was it already in situ in a warehouse or something.
    On one episode she was sent in food through the sliding drawer and you could see a glimpse of light at the side of the drawer so is it a hut indoor or outside.
    Is Barry out of prison. The sooner this kidnap storyline is over the better.

You're way off topic here pals, this thread is for the calamity that is Fair City
    walshb wrote: »
    Of course we can pass judgement. That's exactly what we do as humans. It's what makes us so. We do it all the time. In this case I have passed it as negative based off what the article says. Maybe with more information I could change that judgement, but the bottom line is that we most definitely can, and do pass judgement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

walshb wrote: »
    youwould wrote: »
    Financial reasons and her age at the time (19). Life is different for everyone.

But reading that story it's an odd one. Family, siblings, connection. No real mention of hardship or dire financial concerns etc. It seems far from a lost cause. Far from it. "Not sure" she could support the child. Holy god, half the country face that! To me it seems odd. Wrong.

"Emer's family, including her parents and three sisters, also had a chance to meet the little boy and fell in love instantly; none of them wanted to let him go."

So, why was he let go?
    Maybe watch the programme before commenting on her. She obviously had her reasons at the time. She was only19 years old. Hope her son was with good foster parents. It will make her feel better to know that. Really admire her f

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Cormdogg wrote: »
    How has she never seen the kidnapper? Was she drugged and woke up there? In 4 months has she ever tried to escape? When she's asked to go into the shower what if she didn't would the kidnapper come in and beat her? Has the kidnapper ever done anything to her? It's terrible directing, the whole set up us as if she's only been there a few days. The walls look like they're made with a few 2x4 and insulating foam. In a hostage situation there is usually some punishment when the victim doesn't comply but KT acts like she's never seen the kidnapper. There'd really need to be kidnappers or surely brave confrontation rage KT would try and fight her way out and the kidnapper would have to beat her but there's not a mark on her

It's possible the kidnapper wore a mask or balaclava when he abducted Katy. Not sure why he needs her not to look at him now, he could wear a disguise of some description when bringing stuff into her. It sounds like the intention must be to release her if he's so hell bent on concealing his identity from her.

This has the potential of getting off topic dangerously! We don't want Ronan Mullen joining this thread!

I don't think we can ever judge someone for making such a choice if they feel their child would be better looked after in a stable home rather than by someone who doesn't feel mentally, or financially in a position in life to give a child the best possible upbringing.

Deciding to keep the child knowing you arent in a position in life to give it the best upbringing is not a flimsy or negligent choice either.

On matters of abortion or adoption, I am a firm believer of NEVER put yourself in others shoes!

I have experienced both sides through very very close ties, both the life of an adopted child and the biological mother who has made the choice to give her child up as she isn't in a state of life (in her mind) to give that child the upbringing.

I have have a relation who decided to give up their baby before birth but couldn't do it when the baby was born and that child is my godchild and one of the most important people in my life.

That is why I despise slimey people like Ronan Mullen who sit on their high saddle taking their supposed moral highground on such an emotional situations like this.

(not having a go at you WalshB, btw! Hope you don't think that. We all have different outlooks, but from firsthand experience, I'd like to think I have a qualified outlook on this. Just couldn't restrain myself with that rant!!)

Anyway,........................Who has KT..........

Their is nothing wrong with ronan mullen. At least he is out in the open. He has his own opinions and points of view. At least he is honest. Not a "yes man ". I spoke to him when the marriage referendum was on and found him to be extremely knowledgeable and also has a great sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Christ. I posted the link about The Ram's wife because I assumed some people may want to see him on a real life TV programme. Not so people could judge someone that they've never met. So let's get back to the topic at hand, shall we?

• Advertisement

youwould wrote: »
    Christ. I posted the link about The Ram's wife because I assumed some people may want to see him on a real life TV programme. Not so people could get all judgey. So let's get back to the topic at hand, shall we?

:confused:

So it's all a dream?

Charlie doesn't have Bunnions,
    Dolly never lost a million pounds,
    The Ram isn't a player,
    The Don isn't a millionaire living in a two up, two down,
    Cas, Dean, Nussy, Renee, Leo and Damien haven't just dropped off the face of the earth
    The zombies in the Spar aren't actually zombies........

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

We know nothing about how Katy got there or any previous escape attempts. I think it goes without saying that she might have tried to escape before but the kidnapper may have knocked her out or attacked her for trying and that would easily explain why she now obeys him completely and is nearly in tears in the shower for fear of being hurt if she left. She was possibly drugged from behind and bundled into a car and woke up there.

Some very good theories here, but it really comes down to someone in her life and not some random person from a previous life or some character who appeared for 30 seconds a year ago. Remember, historically mainstream audiences have terrible memories so a reveal of a total stranger will just anger and confuse the viewers.

It all boils down to: 1. Ciaran for being a psycho or hired by Cathal to torment family. 2. Stella with links to the above or her gang and its out of control. 3. Tommy goes nuts.

I just cannot realistically see it being anyone outside of those 3. Its fun working it out though! Oh and its not bloody Charlie, Talking Bread, give it a rest!

Good god, it's no longer enough to carry a child to term, you have to raise it as well.

Unfortunately also led me to Ronan Mullen's article in the Sindo. I wish I hadn't read that tonight!

Admit it, who's been excited for tonight's FC since Sunday? (Probably nothing will happen, leading to a post-FC depression).

Yea why bother concealing your identity unless you intend releasing your hostage but if you're going to release them WHATS THE POINT!
    Strazdas wrote: »
    It's possible the kidnapper wore a mask or balaclava when he abducted Katy. Not sure why he needs her not to look at him now, he could wear a disguise of some description when bringing stuff into her. It sounds like the intention must be to release her if he's so hell bent on concealing his identity from her.

Dive in here mod, thread being ruined

quote="donkeykong5;101248681"]Their is nothing wrong with ronan mullen. At least he is out in the open. He has his own opinions and points of view. At least he is honest. Not a "yes man ". I spoke to him when the marriage referendum was on and found him to be extremely knowledgeable and also has a great sense of humour.[/quote]

Some posters are stating that the kidnappers cares about KT but over the months they must have done something bad to her to scare her, apart from the initial kidnapping or......it's the usual FC where people are scared of the most hollow "or else" threats
    We know nothing about how Katy got there or any previous escape attempts. I think it goes without saying that she might have tried to escape before but the kidnapper may have knocked her out or attacked her for trying and that would easily explain why she now obeys him completely and is nearly in tears in the shower for fear of being hurt if she left. She was possibly drugged from behind and bundled into a car and woke up there.

Some very good theories here, but it really comes down to someone in her life and not some random person from a previous life or some character who appeared for 30 seconds a year ago. Remember, historically mainstream audiences have terrible memories so a reveal of a total stranger will just anger and confuse the viewers.

It all boils down to: 1. Ciaran for being a psycho or hired by Cathal to torment family. 2. Stella with links to the above or her gang and its out of control. 3. Tommy goes nuts.

I just cannot realistically see it being anyone outside of those 3. Its fun working it out though! Oh and its not bloody Charlie, Talking Bread, give it a rest!

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Dive in here mod, thread being ruined

quote="donkeykong5;101248681"]Their is nothing wrong with ronan mullen. At least he is out in the open. He has his own opinions and points of view. At least he is honest. Not a "yes man ". I spoke to him when the marriage referendum was on and found him to be extremely knowledgeable and also has a great sense of humour.
    [/quote]
    Dive in their. Yeah do. It wasn't me who mentioned him twice in a deograty way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

This is painful

It is greasy...video of where he scattered his fake mother

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Katynapper sounds like Pat Mustard to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

Ya really sounds like Robbie and I thought of beach where he scattered ashes too. If it is why??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Oh for Christ sake. This is utter scutter. She sees a few crashing waves and gets a spice bag and suddenly shes succumbed to stockholm syndrome is it??? Wtf

jos28 wrote: »
    Katynapper sounds like Pat Mustard to me

tommydillonmustard.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

katkin wrote: »
    Ya really sounds like Robbie and I thought of beach where he scattered ashes too. If it is why??

Cathals father's ashes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ok this is just getting weird now. The captor has no vibe of malice whatsoever at this stage, its almost as if he or she is a socially inept teenager trying to impress the local girl. We don't know of course what happened in the past but he or she definitely doesn't want to hurt her. But I'm pretty sure Katy meant REAL daylight and not some streaming clip of a beach. Then fish and chips and they are all friends again. Come on just wrap it up, all I can think of at this stage is a hit put out on Katy and Stella/Love Hate are trying to keep her safe until the trial..

In other news, I see "To Infinity and Beyond" (the endless roundabout of Paul-Oisin-Niamh) continues in full force with another few classic lines from Oisin, the only entertaining character in the show= "Oh nothing just shooting the breeze, you know Niamh"....:D

How would you feel as a client if your Accountant, courier, what ever Paul does, Web designer??, PR company shared an actual desk with 4 other businesses and your confidential or potential information could be all over the place! How many people have a key for the place like!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

I think it is Robbie, have vague recollection of him saying a few times to Carol that he had something to do and not explainjng what at the time. Hmmmm Still dobt know why he would kidnap her though unless some kind of trauma thing caused by the siege or was that after she went missing?

Lol Where's Deegan gonna bring Mammy Mondo for a surprise? The Ballantine or the Station?

If Charlotte was so eager to move to Spain why didn't she go with Rachel her best mate (girls holiday) or move over with her family? Is she staying for Oisin? Because she hasn't been around for about a week

• Advertisement

Plus she was last seen in the station...and he has a ring....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement