Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Debbie or Jackie? Jesus gimme Miss Morbeg any time of the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

katkin wrote: »
    Ya really sounds like Robbie and I thought of beach where he scattered ashes too. If it is why??

They'd some left over footage on the camera reel.

What's the "market place"? Oisins back in the good books after assisting in his fathers kidnapping, repeatedly scamming him out of money and ratting him out to his wife for shagging Haley

Jesus its swings and roundabouts with Stripey and Eskimo, one week they're having a melt down about KT the next they don't give a crap it's all pints and ramming. KTKidnapper does sound like LoveHate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

How many more
    "KT"
    "Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa"
    "eat your dinner KT"
    "or whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

scenes can they do.

"I dont even know what day of the week it is"!!!!!! Who in gods name would say that after 3 to 4 months in a dark cell! As if she would be expected to!

Personally I don't know what day it is either, KT, as it just seems like groundhog day with all these repetitive scenes, whether it be your own or Paul and Oisin wondering who is sending texts or Niamh and Hughie planning their next move or Dermishhhhhh and Eskimo meeting and deciding will they wont they collude on the poker . All I know its either Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Jesus its swings and roundabouts with Stripey and Eskimo, one week they're having a melt down about KT the next they don't give a crap it's all pints and ramming. KTKidnapper does sound like LoveHate.

Well if it turned out to be Robbie I for one am switching off as even for FC that would be absolute rubbish and obvious panic from the writers as they clamber for an end point. Its hard to tell who it is from that muffled voice. Id love to know how Katy passed the time of day from May to September if its only NOW that shes getting itchy feet- maybe she was drugged with a 4 month tonic!

Oisin....fakes a kidnapping to exploit his father, pushed Rachel out of the business, torments Niamh on a daily basis, gleefully tells her that Paul and Hayley are having an affair, robs, steals and lies on a daily basis. Who does Paul choose to confide in? Oisin of course. To Infinity.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Both Love/Hate and Tommy were in the pub at the time when KT was having her fish and chips so it can't be them. Maybe its Oisin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Both Love/Hate and Tommy were in the pub at the time when KT was having her fish and chips so it can't be them. Maybe its Oisin.

I don't think the scenes are set in sequence like that! Love Hate could have easily dropped back to the prison after a pint to convince her to hit Play. But where the hell do they go from here...Katy throws a strop, refuses food, kidnapper tempts her with chocolate and clips of the tide (wtf??! As if living in a 3x3 all day every day, he thinks a clip of some beach is going to help her mood, I would whack that laptop over his head and scarper), Katy gives in, lather rinse and repeat.

We need closure now but I sense it will be Christmas before this is wrapped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I don't think the scenes are set in sequence like that! Love Hate could have easily dropped back to the prison after a pint to convince her to hit Play. But where the hell do they go from here...Katy throws a strop, refuses food, kidnapper tempts her with chocolate and clips of the tide (wtf??! As if living in a 3x3 all day every day, he thinks a clip of some beach is going to help her mood, I would whack that laptop over his head and scarper), Katy gives in, lather rinse and repeat.

We need closure now but I sense it will be Christmas before this is wrapped up.

My missus asked me last night about wrapping this up and I said Christmas. You are right about the sequence of scenes. Soaps and particularly FC don't operate in real time. Generally a whole day or days can be covered in one episode.

As for the the beach and fish n chips??? Oh for FFS! It's the reveal. Think people think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Grandeeod wrote: »
    My missus asked me last night about wrapping this up and I said Christmas. You are right about the sequence of scenes. Soaps and particularly FC don't operate in real time. Generally a whole day or days can be covered in one episode.

As for the the beach and fish n chips??? Oh for FFS! It's the reveal. Think people think!

There greasy??

• Advertisement

Maybe she will get a bit of wifi down there.................. that could be how she gets out,

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Maybe she will get a bit of wifi down there.................. that could be how she gets out,

Wasn't it a portable DVD player?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Maybe it's one of the Beshoff Brothers????? And this will begin the Bishop v Behoff feud.

beshoff-bros.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ian left his fish and chips tonight with Billy in Eastenders maybe it's Billy!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rose16

Could this be the work of big Bosco that KT was seeing for a while?
    Moment of upmost sensory pain tonight :
    KT in toilet roll prison .. "It's beautiful .. Forced Tears & Fish & Chips " instead of Fu!k this .. Mr chips I'm outta here and dampening the toilet roll wall to break out to freedom

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

Will the rest be up later, I wonder?

Was it a short episode tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

bricks wrote: »

Ha was just about to post just finished watching the 13 minutes so annoying, want to know what Paul said to Niamh. :mad:

bricks wrote: »

Just watch it twice. Same scenes, almost same dialogue after the break.

Oh, and no the pre break "cliff hanger" came to nothing as usual............in fact as per usual, it brought the plot backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Still convinced it's the canary from the carbon monoxide ad that kidnapped Katy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Debbie is a bitch

Ah here! She's not that bad.

She'll be fundraising in Clontarf next Sunday...
    398399.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

So she boots up the laptop... No battery nothing....then magically hot fish and chips appear. Why hasn't she asked why she's there?

At least Debbie got her roots done.

If Dermot is dying shouldn't he tell Jo?

Who is running the pod as oisin floats about having coffees? Is he ever ringing his mam?

THat cycling fundraiser with Stripey should be a barrel of laughs and joviality

000ceb5d-600.jpg

hqdefault.jpg?custom=true&w=120&h=90&jpg444=true&jpgq=90&sp=68&sigh=zeHjIp9SbTtYu1-S5SCalsEAZnY

fair201511231944705.jpg

debbie%20tommy.jpg

fair%20city%203.jpg

96023ebdebe9accd99976a4298ffe2c6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 56,304 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It's official. The writers are high as a kite writing this KT story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Why hasn't KT just climbed into that filing cabinet drawer and crawled out the other side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Oh God I'm so sick of Niamh and will she or won't she leave Paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I'm beginning to view Robbie as a serious possibility in this kidnapping. He has a ring, the voice does not sound unlike him. There is a viable connection between Robbie and Katy and that of course is Cathal or more specifically Cathal's father Thomas Flynn. Robbie is by and large a good person but with a troubled past that includes owing a lot of money to and get one up on Flynn. Robbie's wife Carol also knew Cathal in the past too. Associates of Flynn could target Robbie and tell him to hold Katy and this would explain why the kidnapper is being as kind as possible to her. Robbie and Carol were of course held captive by Flynn too. I would not rule out Flynn being alive and free either.

Another possibility is that two storylines could dovetail here. This Niamh setting up Paul could end up revealing the location of Katy (we have to remember that Hayley has a dodgy past as well). It seems though the Flynns (but not necessarily Cathal who may be equally blamed for all the cockups along with the O'Briens) have to be stuck into the mix somewhere and working through a collection of people. Typical Fair City traditions for big storylines seem to prefer to write Paul into them in some way so do not be surprised if the latest Paul v Niamh storyline could end up inadvertently discovering Katy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

With all the focus though on the Katy storyline (certainly the most interesting at present) and the Paul storyline (always worth a look to see Paul trying to lie his way out of trouble and more interesting because Niamh knows everything this time!), I have only thought about the Dermot one now. So, Dermot has a terminal liver disease. I would assume at a very advanced stage. I don't think he would be working like he is doing 2 jobs, looking after kids and eating if things were this bad with this sort of condition.

With Dermot, am I missing something? Is this some kind of misdiagnosis storyline? Apart from fainting (after a period of intense stress coming from work and from his relationship with ex wife Jo), he has not shown any signs of poor health since which would be very likely since what he has is not curable. We had a misdiagnosis storyline before with Ray who if I recall correctly got a similar diagnosis. Since he is active and seems well and since he does not have the cash to bribe a doctor to fake a diagnosis (in order to get Jo back), that's what it must be. Unless this poker thing is because he borrowed a heap of money from some criminal to bribe a doctor and he now has to pay them back!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,304 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It's been mentioned here, but isn't it ridiculous that Jo hasn't been mentioned by Greasy/Caddie or Dermish in relation to his impending death?

I think The Ram (from cast members) is the best bet as KTs captor. Anyway, end it already. Quite possibly the most drawn out ridiculous story in soap history!

And Niamh, just make your poxy mind up. The cliffhangers mid episode are just so freaking bland!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

On tonight's episode of FC. KT watches a video of a lake and gets a take away pizza.

• Advertisement

Why doesn't she break up the camera. He would have to get The Ram in to fix it up. Then she may get to mention to The Ram she has beem KTnapped and maybe it'll quicken up the process.

Oh god, it better not be The Ram. Ridiculous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement