Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The alteration in Eskimos personality since he won and 5000 in a couple of hours is bizarrely bad writing

Quiet clear now that the writers don't collude when writing scripts. As if it wasn't before.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I don't think the scenes are set in sequence like that! Love Hate could have easily dropped back to the prison after a pint to convince her to hit Play. But where the hell do they go from here...Katy throws a strop, refuses food, kidnapper tempts her with chocolate and clips of the tide (wtf??! As if living in a 3x3 all day every day, he thinks a clip of some beach is going to help her mood, I would whack that laptop over his head and scarper), Katy gives in, lather rinse and repeat.

We need closure now but I sense it will be Christmas before this is wrapped up.

I'm guessing Katy is somewhere in Carrigstown, the kidnapper couldn't keep driving several miles away without people starting to get suspicious. It's almost a wonder he hasn't been sussed yet, it can't be the easiest of things to hold someone hostage for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I dont think its Robbie for 3 reasons (but very sound reasoning BuilderPlumber).

1. As tough as he is, I don't think Robbie could keep a young girl like that captive for months at a time, passing his family day in day out, throwing Katys brother out of his club when he self destructs etc without a massive case of guilt and even if he was asked to do it, he would crack the second KT cries.

2. Robbie cant even go into the jacks without Carol questioning him, can you imagine the logistics of regularly feeding, clothing and doing laundry for a young girl, not to mention any medicine she may need plus running out to change tapes for the feed etc. He just couldn't keep it from Carol not a chance.

3. For a few weeks over the summer when he found out Dusty Springfield was his mother, Robbie went AWOL regularly, drinking all weekends and heading off to England for stag nights, If he was the kidnapper he couldn't afford to not look after Katy for a few days.

The Ram is probably Plan B for the writers if they cant wrap this up, Its easy to just say it was Tommy as he does have previous and he could flip at any time but just once, I would actually respect the writers if they provided a logical ending to this story. Even if it was Stella or Ciaran or both, its not easy to make the links work well on camera so full respect if they manage to pull it off but we shall see...

Oh God I'm so sick of Niamh and will she or won't she leave Paul.
    ]
    Niamh and Paul are in the soap a very long time now, so its reasonable to say the only way they will leave is if they are sacked by the producers. Therefore their storylines and characters resemble a never ending roundabout of affairs, making up, hating each other, loving each other, more affairs and then back to living together again. Its like night follows day and the two of them are so stale and rotted at this stage its a wonder we cant smell them from our sitting rooms. They cant even claim to be actors as this is their only role.

Therefore, every single Niamh and Paul storyline is devoid of all tension, suspense or even interest because we all know the bottom line. They aren't going anywhere so no matter what happens they end up back together.

No matter what Paul does, he will always end up back with Niamh. No matter what Niamh does, she will always end up back with Paul.

That's why Oisin is so damn entertaining because hes really annoying for people to deal with and hes such an incredible breath of fresh air, I hope he stays in FC for a long time to come.

Robbie was gone for over 2 weeks on honeymoon! What did he do, ask dan to look after the shopping and cleaning for him!!

Ah, come on, it couldn't be greasy!!

• Advertisement

Robbie was gone for over 2 weeks on honeymoon! What did he do, ask dan to look after the shopping and cleaning for him!!

Ah, come on, it couldn't be greasy!!

Says the person who claims its Charlie! He would break a hip bending down to leave chocolates on her bed. In fact that's an image I want GONE from my head right now ugh...

Says the person who claims its Charlie! He would break a hip bending down to leave chocolates on her bed. In fact that's an image I want GONE from my head right now ugh...

Oh, come on!!!! I never said it was Charlie!! It was a joke!! Why in gods name would it be Charlie!!

I can't believe there are a few people taking the jokes about it being Bunnion seriously!!!

Then again, Charlie has a habit of falling into bad company

gallery_soaps-fair-city-020413-1.jpg

Ah here you can give it but you cant take it at all ha ha. I was also joking too but if I have to spell that out next time, my jokes are wasted on you.:P

Ah here you can give it but you cant take it at all ha ha. I was also joking too but if I have to spell that out next time, my jokes are wasted on you.:P

:o

4vQGBd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

]
    Niamh and Paul are in the soap a very long time now, so its reasonable to say the only way they will leave is if they are sacked by the producers. Therefore their storylines and characters resemble a never ending roundabout of affairs, making up, hating each other, loving each other, more affairs and then back to living together again. Its like night follows day and the two of them are so stale and rotted at this stage its a wonder we cant smell them from our sitting rooms. They cant even claim to be actors as this is their only role.

Therefore, every single Niamh and Paul storyline is devoid of all tension, suspense or even interest because we all know the bottom line. They aren't going anywhere so no matter what happens they end up back together.

No matter what Paul does, he will always end up back with Niamh. No matter what Niamh does, she will always end up back with Paul.

That's why Oisin is so damn entertaining because hes really annoying for people to deal with and hes such an incredible breath of fresh air, I hope he stays in FC for a long time to come.

So your not an actor if you have played the same role???? What are they doing so? Is that the same so for a teacher who works in the same school her entire career, they are actors, what's your problem with people who just want to stay in the same job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Kinda reminds me of the Saw films with Katie locked up and the weird voice of the kidnapper.

fin12 wrote: »
    So your not an actor if you have played the same role???? What are they doing so? Is that the same so for a teacher who works in the same school her entire career, they are actors, what's your problem with people who just want to stay in the same job?

Nothing with the people per se but it makes anything their characters do devoid of tension. I mean, how many people actually feared Niamh and/or Paul would die during that siege last year? We all knew they would survive just like we all know in 2019 they will STILL be together. Familiarity breeds total contempt so its hard to give a flying fcuk what happens to them as we already KNOW they end up together.

Watching Paul and Niamh in FC is like watching Titanic over and over again. You can root for a different outcome as much as you like but you are doomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It's the Ram. I'm convinced after last night. It may have been some kind of twisted **** to get Debbie to leave Eoghan.

But no matter who it is, there is no underlying storyline that will make it, in any way believeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

You know I wouldn't be surprised now if it turned out to be Tommy.. He is all happy out now that he can be with Debbie so he rewards KT with fish and chips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I dont think its Robbie for 3 reasons (but very sound reasoning BuilderPlumber).

1. As tough as he is, I don't think Robbie could keep a young girl like that captive for months at a time, passing his family day in day out, throwing Katys brother out of his club when he self destructs etc without a massive case of guilt and even if he was asked to do it, he would crack the second KT cries.

2. Robbie cant even go into the jacks without Carol questioning him, can you imagine the logistics of regularly feeding, clothing and doing laundry for a young girl, not to mention any medicine she may need plus running out to change tapes for the feed etc. He just couldn't keep it from Carol not a chance.

3. For a few weeks over the summer when he found out Dusty Springfield was his mother, Robbie went AWOL regularly, drinking all weekends and heading off to England for stag nights, If he was the kidnapper he couldn't afford to not look after Katy for a few days.

The Ram is probably Plan B for the writers if they cant wrap this up, Its easy to just say it was Tommy as he does have previous and he could flip at any time but just once, I would actually respect the writers if they provided a logical ending to this story. Even if it was Stella or Ciaran or both, its not easy to make the links work well on camera so full respect if they manage to pull it off but we shall see...

It is difficult to know who this is. I agree with all the above and would only see Robbie doing it if someone close to him is threatened by some criminal. Tommy could be the plan B but I think they have the plan A.

With Stella and Ciaran, we are dealing with unknown characters and they could fill in a back story for them to connect them into this. Surely it has to tie into the Flynns and that Eoghan trial. But why Katy and not Eoghan or Debbie?

Or is this the start of a whole new set of bad people who are going to wreak havoc in FC between now and Christmas. If they were to do a Josef Fritzel type story then they would not connect it to gangland I would assume?

The Spar Zombie shoppers remind me of this video!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

It's John Deeganh is shirt smells of grease
    Laura and sash are more boring than the eat your dinner ones

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dan and Lycra Laura are back interacting

Glenrose is a hateful character

Dick Moran is well rid of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dan and Lycra Laura are back interacting
    I said it before. Wednesday is the new Sunday.

• Advertisement

Deegan............................................

sligojoek wrote: »
    I said it before. Wednesday is the new Sunday.

Except The Don isn't in his casual gear

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rose16

OMG... Vom vom vom ... MammyMondo being all dirty with dax Deegan... Ps she snuffed deegans shirt ? Could she smell fish & chips off him ? Has he got KT in the toilet roll prison ...

F&€k ... Mary just found miley and fidelma part two fiddling in the hall !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ah it's hardly mary from glenroe is it...putting the buns in a ziplock?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Deegan............................................
    Where would KT get perfume?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Where would KT get perfume?

Maybe she smelt something "fishy"

Oh, and KT has makeup artist and hairstylist, sure he throws a bit of perfume in as well

Oh rose ya creep now you know it all

Ha Angela going to boil Deegans bunny

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for goodness sake!! He accidentally brushed against him trying to apprehend a man who had just kidnapped at knifepoint his wife. Mumbles voluntarily put himself into the situation.

• Advertisement

Dan is turning ever more into a very creepy individual!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement