Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Grandeeod wrote: »
    It's the Ram. I'm convinced after last night. It may have been some kind of twisted **** to get Debbie to leave Eoghan.

But no matter who it is, there is no underlying storyline that will make it, in any way believeable.

No, you're completely right about that. There is no way any storyline can make it believable but I agree with someone earlier in the thread, it might have been Wanderer (apologies if it was not) who remarked that they didn't think there was any malice attached to Katy's kidnapping.

My theory: Katy was taken by Ciaran who is really Michael who isn't dead. Far fetched right? But being as Sam Atwell is producer I believe, Home and Away isn't exactly the most realistic portrayal of a small town, I think logic can be left at the door for a while.

Ok so why do I think Michael is still alive? It's entirely possible he is still very dead in Fair City but what if... But he's a small town mechanic whose biggest storyline was the affair with Niamh but his light was very much under a bushel. He also had a couple of unexplained occurrences offscreen. When his affair with Niamh came to light, it was solely due to his absence one afternoon making a delivery for Paul when it was assumed he had been in a fatal accident. Then a few months before the accident he had that black eye and when he was killed, he was in a wheelchair as a result of a football game.

But what if Michael was special ops, completely unrealistic I know and under deep cover in Dublin. And his cover had been blown. No idea why though. Emmet is overseas and safe, Eoghan is tolerated by Michael at best, Debbie and Katy now become targets as Michael loves them both. After the legs incident Michael is concerned enough to call his handler and arrange his death, thankfully the whole Flynn thing is convenient and he is able to stage his death. He has extensive plastic surgery and comes back as Ciaran, another ladies' man mechanic.

Not that disbelief has really been suspended, I'll explain why he came back. He's being keeping tabs on the family, obviously he doesn't want Eoghan in jail because he tolerates Eoghan, but also because he doesn't want to hurt Katy who dearly loves him. He learns that the family is falling apart and that his feckless brother is back. So he invigilates himself into the family circle and tries to straighten out the family from a distance. Things come to head when Katy asks to move in with Ciaran and Emmet and the night that Katy goes missing, Ciaran/Michael discovers her distraught offscreen and suicidal and incarcerates her for her own good as again he can't tell their family. As time goes on Katy becomes less suicidal as obviously she's now traumatised at being held captive. He does however try to make her comfortable and loved by giving her childhood comforts such as rolos and video clips of childhood holidays and comfort food. But again given her fragile state of mind, he can't "out himself" to her. Also special ops might explain the camera, the safe house and the voice distortion.

I can't see any of Katy's other relations having the resources or inclination to do it.

Emmet - obviously gutted but no real motive for carrying it out

Rose - too old but she does have that house she doesn't live in. Most unlikely as she too loves Eoghan and would not hurt him

Eoghan - has the means: a taxi, to carry it out. No motive though as he's already unwittingly hurt Katy by accidentally killing Michael. Also has gone out of his way to find her.

Debbie - too caught up in guilt and sexy time with Tommy.

Also if Michael isn't dead, could be a huge Christmas cliffhanger when whoever is after him croaks it and he can reveal himself to his disbelieving family and clear Eoghan from having to serve a custodial sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

KT is probably due her 3 month break about now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

It's the Ram. I'm convinced after last night. It may have been some kind of twisted **** to get Debbie to leave Eoghan.

But no matter who it is, there is no underlying storyline that will make it, in any way believeable.

I'm beginning to believe that myself - I'm thinking love/hate is a big red herring. The only thing that makes it believable will how much stripey will hate him when she finds out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Johnny Deegant the love rat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

gosh isn't Dermot taking the whole end-stage cancer thing in his stride?

• Advertisement

Christ that rose is a weapon

Glenrose has absolutely no respect for The Ram.

Glenrose has absolutely no respect for The Ram.

Ah no I think she's warming to him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

God Debbie's an absolute b1tch! A few people are saying Flynn might still be alive, it would be very difficult to fake dying of cancer in prison! So how do you become addicted to steroids if you're not a body builder??? "I don't feel guilty and neither should you" Actually you should both feel guilty Debs!!! Can yis believe Sash actually suggested dining out outside of Carraigstown! So.......Deegan is the kidnapper now? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Eyespy great theory that would be quite cool - (totally far fetched but sure it's soap)
    Maybe Stella is Michael (it would be revealed in a live episode like Tootsie as she whips off her red wig)
    "I'm not Stella...I'm not a former gang member and one time friend of KT...I'm Michael son of Stripey brother of the Eskimo boy and step son of Eoghan than man accused of manslaughter for brushing me against the Ballintyne bar... ;)

• Advertisement

Ah no I think she's warming to him

she would want to, otherwise she won't get a go with him.

Prison for bumping into your step son mid seige! What difference does a character witness make? Manslaughter is if you get in a random fight on Harcourt st and the guy bumps his head and dies. You didn't plan on killing them (murder) so it's manslaughter. Even if it wasn't your first offence in this country you wouldn't do time. What happened to Mumbles was an ACCIDENT! Has anyone the video?

Pretzill wrote: »
    Eyespy great theory that would be quite cool - (totally far fetched but sure it's soap)
    Maybe Stella is Michael (it would be revealed in a live episode like Tootsie as she whips off her red wig)
    "I'm not Stella...I'm not a former gang member and one time friend of KT...I'm Michael son of Stripey brother of the Eskimo boy and step son of Eoghan than man accused of manslaughter for brushing me against the Ballintyne bar... ;)

If you're going to suspend belief, your theory is so much better. 😀 but I'm afraid not matter what the reveal, it's going be a bit of a damp squib. But it's great fun to speculate though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Eyespy wrote: »
    No, you're completely right about that. There is no way any storyline can make it believable but I agree with someone earlier in the thread, it might have been Wanderer (apologies if it was not) who remarked that they didn't think there was any malice attached to Katy's kidnapping.

My theory: Katy was taken by Ciaran who is really Michael who isn't dead. Far fetched right? But being as Sam Atwell is producer I believe, Home and Away isn't exactly the most realistic portrayal of a small town, I think logic can be left at the door for a while.

Ok so why do I think Michael is still alive? It's entirely possible he is still very dead in Fair City but what if... But he's a small town mechanic whose biggest storyline was the affair with Niamh but his light was very much under a bushel. He also had a couple of unexplained occurrences offscreen. When his affair with Niamh came to light, it was solely due to his absence one afternoon making a delivery for Paul when it was assumed he had been in a fatal accident. Then a few months before the accident he had that black eye and when he was killed, he was in a wheelchair as a result of a football game.

But what if Michael was special ops, completely unrealistic I know and under deep cover in Dublin. And his cover had been blown. No idea why though. Emmet is overseas and safe, Eoghan is tolerated by Michael at best, Debbie and Katy now become targets as Michael loves them both. After the legs incident Michael is concerned enough to call his handler and arrange his death, thankfully the whole Flynn thing is convenient and he is able to stage his death. He has extensive plastic surgery and comes back as Ciaran, another ladies' man mechanic.

Not that disbelief has really been suspended, I'll explain why he came back. He's being keeping tabs on the family, obviously he doesn't want Eoghan in jail because he tolerates Eoghan, but also because he doesn't want to hurt Katy who dearly loves him. He learns that the family is falling apart and that his feckless brother is back. So he invigilates himself into the family circle and tries to straighten out the family from a distance. Things come to head when Katy asks to move in with Ciaran and Emmet and the night that Katy goes missing, Ciaran/Michael discovers her distraught offscreen and suicidal and incarcerates her for her own good as again he can't tell their family. As time goes on Katy becomes less suicidal as obviously she's now traumatised at being held captive. He does however try to make her comfortable and loved by giving her childhood comforts such as rolos and video clips of childhood holidays and comfort food. But again given her fragile state of mind, he can't "out himself" to her. Also special ops might explain the camera, the safe house and the voice distortion.

I can't see any of Katy's other relations having the resources or inclination to do it.

Rose - too old but she does have that house she doesn't live in. Most unlikely as she too loves Eoghan and would not hurt him

Eoghan - has the means: a taxi, to carry it out. No motive though as he's already unwittingly hurt Katy by accidentally killing Michael. Also has gone out of his way to find her.

Also if Michael isn't dead, could be a huge Christmas cliffhanger when whoever is after him croaks it and he can reveal himself to his disbelieving family and clear Eoghan from having to serve a custodial sentence.

I wonder would Fair City do this sort of a story. If this was James Bond or Dallas certainly but this would be a new direction for Fair City.

Jo forgot about Ben fairly quick. Does an accountant/business man like Dermish not have health/life insurance? Convenient Paul's financial information was on Dermishes desk

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Cant believe no-one has worked out who the kidnapper is. Listen to his voice- it is clearly Darth Vader and any episode now he will say "Kay-tee,Im your faaaa-ther". The writers are just stretching it out till Halloween so shops have the full Darth Vader kit in stock.

And then the writers will morph all of the Fair City cast into a long running intergalactic battle between good and evil with side stories about the Ram shagging whatever aliens come along.

Seems pretty obvious to me anyway.

For Christ sake Niamh just have a root in the filing cabinet in the office you share. Country dancing! Lol Jesus Ram you know better, you've had affairs before, don't go down the local pub

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rose16

Oh feck I thought stripey was going to do a discoloured bra scene again with ram cam ...
    Gripey kept saying sorry to Debbie whilst looking up at the roof .. Was this a clue to us the disillusioned confused audience or was he trying not to laugh about the sh1t they are filming while we pay a licence fee...
    KT going missing is as exciting as watching the ram smirk at glenroe rose with his pat mustard Can I put my big tool in your box smirky eyes

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Prison for bumping into your step son mid seige! What difference does a character witness make? Manslaughter is if you get in a random fight on Harcourt st and the guy bumps his head and dies. You didn't plan on killing them (murder) so it's manslaughter. Even if it wasn't your first offence in this country you wouldn't do time. What happened to Mumbles was an ACCIDENT! Has anyone the video?

nah, one of the elements to MS is "negligent or recklessly".

I am assuming they are implying, completely ridiculously that Gripey was reckless in trying to reprehend a man that had just held his wife at knifepoint. I cant actually bloody remember what the guards actually know about Cathal???/ Surely they reported the whole situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

So who wakes up in a shower????:D

• Advertisement

I wonder would Fair City do this sort of a story. If this was James Bond or Dallas certainly but this would be a new direction for Fair City.

Ah I know, I can't see it happening either. It's just the whole, here's your favourite food/sweets, lovely mindfulness clip on a potable DVD, it doesn't really scream psycho murderer unless it's a human form of the witch in Hansel and Gretel and they're going to eat Katy once they fatten her up, which is why she's exercising like crazy. I really hope it's not Tommy though, too predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Charleygal

Did anyone else look at Rose popping those buns into the ziplock bag and think idly ''Jaysus, what if Rose has been holding Katy prisoner all this time and she's sneaking her a few buns for her tea?'' Insane, I know, but Fair City isn't supposed to make sense... :P :D

Cormdogg wrote: »
    God Debbie's an absolute b1tch! A few people are saying Flynn might still be alive, it would be very difficult to fake dying of cancer in prison! So how do you become addicted to steroids if you're not a body builder??? "I don't feel guilty and neither should you" Actually you should both feel guilty Debs!!! Can yis believe Sash actually suggested dining out outside of Carraigstown! So.......Deegan is the kidnapper now? Lol

Flynn may or may not be dead, may or may not be in prison and may or may not have a terminal illness. If I recall correctly we never saw evidence of this apart from him saying so. After he was arrested, we have not been told anything about what happened him. Cathal said he was dead but we never saw him die.

No sign of Katy tonight. They're really teasing us with this! We will have to put up with more of this basketball stuff for a while before they get really serious on this story again I guess .. everytime, I see Laura and co it is always this stuff.

So who wakes up in a shower????:D

Niamh of course :), the whole night of passion lighting her up like a Christmas tree sent her catatonic for the past 2 years. This is all in her head, the shower is the last resort by the staff in the medical facility where Heather is being held who co-incidentally is not actually there because again, it's all part of Niamh's epic dream

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rose16

Ah I know, I can't see it happening either. It's just the whole, here's your favourite food/sweets, lovely mindfulness clip on a potable DVD, it doesn't really scream psycho murderer unless it's a human form of the witch in Hansel and Gretel and they're going to eat Katy once they fatten her up, which is why she's exercising like crazy. I really hope it's not Tommy though, too predictable.

Ah jayus if ram cam has another episode in the attic he will give Ann Frank a run for her money !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I'm pretty sure that Michael dying of an brain aneurysm a few hours after he bumped his head, due to being saved by Eoghon from Cathal, would be just the kind of exceptional circumstance that Solicitor No 2 referred to.

Can we actually have a poll? Does anyone here think that Eoghan could go down for this?!

gosh isn't Dermot taking the whole end-stage cancer thing in his stride?

I don't understand this Dermot storyline. He does not seem to be someone who is dying and IIRC I never once saw him break down and cry over this. I'm beginning to believe that this is all part of some criminal operation where Dermot has borrowed money to bribe doctors into giving him a 'terminal' diagnosis and to break the news to Jo to get her back but she still won't come back. Now, he owes the criminals the money he bribed some doctor with and has become a poker player. It is really hard to tell.

For a man with 'months to live', he is too calm and normal even if it were a misdiagnosis. He seems more upset over losing a miserable €200!! And is Dermot also the kidnapper, doing this as part of the plan to pay back the criminals who are connected to Flynn. This could get very Dallas-influenced afterall.

I'm pretty sure that Michael dying of an brain aneurysm a few hours after he bumped his head, due to being saved by Eoghon from Cathal, would be just the kind of exceptional circumstance that Solicitor No 2 referred to.

Can we actually have a poll? Does anyone here think that Eoghan could go down for this?!

I hope not, I actually like Eoghan most of the time but in fairness, Barry was sent down for Sarah so there's prior form there for FC. Now I can't actually remember if Barry was sentenced because he hid/buried the body or just because he was the reason Sarah fell back splitting her head open but yeah, I'm fairly sure that's why Eoghan will disappear in a few months. Maybe Eoghan will end up sharing with Barry and we can have a FC spinoff

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Charleygal

For a dying man, I have to say Dermot looks well. I doubt that a person with ''a few months to live'' would have the energy to do all that multitasking, i.e. working in a launderette, doing accounts (your head would be mashed from the amount of strong painkillers) you wouldn't be able to concentrate on sweet F A. Yet within a day or two of chemo (I think it was a few weeks ago) he was able to tear around the park playing with the kids! :D

• Advertisement

Of course, he won't! That would make Ireland look like Saudi Arabia or North Korea. The justice system will have to be seen to be fair. The trial will acquit Eoghan and will open a can of worms with the whole Katy and Tommy/Debbie situation with Debbie torn between everything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement