Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

oh come on. she has had that nickname for a year and a half. Stop with the faux outrage. Its just a play on words.

You're always causing trouble here.....kidding!

Personally I don't see the need to label gay people. Laura or Nina will do, or even a nickname in line with other characters. Specifically labelling gay characters is a little inappropriate, and odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Where exactly did damo dean and Dan suddenly appear from in the beer garden to catch Laura in the act? Surely its enclosed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Is IPA the new buzz drink??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

walshb wrote: »
    You're always causing trouble here.....kidding!

Personally I don't see the need to label gay people. Laura or Nina will do, or even a nickname in line with other characters. Specifically labelling gay characters is a little inappropriate, and odd!

Well it wasnt me who came up with it. But as I said it was just a play on words. Its funny that this has only came up now after months and months and its me who is getting the blame!!!

Ah stop, not that bloody nina again. I can't even watch her.

• Advertisement

Where exactly did damo dean and Dan suddenly appear from in the beer garden to catch Laura in the act? Surely its enclosed.

Noticed that myself. Talk about character crowding. FFS, would Damo not have sufficed?

Nina has not one redeeming feature as a character. Even when they're getting on, she's a bitch.

Well it wasnt me who came up with it. But as I said it was just a play on words. Its funny that this has only came up now and its me who is getting the blame!!!

No, I mentioned it a few weeks back. Not singling you out here.

Non-entity Nina is a pointless re introduction. She offers not one iota of worth as a character. So her and Laura will be friends with benefits ... and she ll be meeting Sasha in the spar declaring undying love daily. Rinse and repeat. Pointless.

Spoiler Alert

After the success of the Condors Basketball team, Carrigstown's residents set up Team "Give Dan some sort of plot" where they are going challenging themselves on the Athletics track. Here is a short preview with Robbie and Dan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,456 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why are Eskimo boy and Glenroe so close? She's Gripey's 'ma.' Emmet despises Gripey....

Emmet sees Rose as his nana despite Eoghan not being his real dad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Actually, now that I think of it Sasha is hanging around as well? (her current role involves merely following Decco and Charlotte around and butting into their conversations with others) So what exactly happened does anyone remember?

Did Sasha and Nina go away together?
    Did Sasha and Nina just go away but not with eachother?
    Did Nina go away alone and Sasha just was depicted as hanging around (even though she was off the show for two months or more)

Anyone clear this up for me?

If i remember correctly, they were going away together back to England. They had some sort of arguement in the car in which Sasha realised her work was more important to Nina so she took her bags out of the car and walked back home.

Debbie was like a different woman hanging round Tommy tonight. She seemed more youthful rather than the dour oul one she usually is.

What were they supposed to be doing in the community centre?

monkey9 wrote: »
    If i remember correctly, they were going away together back to England. They had some sort of arguement in the car in which Sasha realised her work was more important to Nina so she took her bags out of the car and walked back home.

oh I missed that. Did Nina not ask her for a few minutes to persuade her to come? After all that toooing and froing they call it a day once Laura finally gives up! Mental stuff!

The am really does bring out the best in people, he's the only redeeming part of the show 😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Why hasn't Dermot mentioned what legal advice he has been given or what he's solicitor has said.

Oh sorry he can't face getting a solicitor.....

Full drinks ordered and left again without a sip even taken.

fin12 wrote:
    Full drinks ordered and left again without a sip even taken.

Lol yes I was looking at the two glasses of crisp white wine thinking ...... not a hope i'd be leaving them! Couldn't they have lifted the and sat inside!

Lol yes I was looking at the two glasses of crisp white wine thinking ...... not a hope i'd be leaving them! Couldn't they have lifted the and sat inside!

Or drink them really quick and leave.

As a cheap night out, i'd just head to McCoy's and wait for people to leave their drinks behind before nabbing them.

• Advertisement

Debbie was like a different woman hanging round Tommy tonight. She seemed more youthful rather than the dour oul one she usually is.

I felt her scenes with Tommy tonight were very forced and came out of nowhere plus her grieving for son Mikey has stopped :rolleyes:

Actually, now that I think of it Sasha is hanging around as well? (her current role involves merely following Decco and Charlotte around and butting into their conversations with others) So what exactly happened does anyone remember?

Did Sasha and Nina go away together?
    Did Sasha and Nina just go away but not with eachother?
    Did Nina go away alone and Sasha just was depicted as hanging around (even though she was off the show for two months or more)

Anyone clear this up for me?

Who cares ?

I quite like angry Dermot ranting at Tommy, hope he keeps it up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

The new guy needs to go he seems apathetic to everything yet he bought Emmett a drink, Looks like the 1916 rising is back on track, Even though she's done personality 360 i kinda like the new Debbie, I'm liking the angry Dermot scenes but i'm hoping for a pay off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,144 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It was nice to see her smiling and laughing for a change. But the flirting with Tommy seemed way too forced and rushed.

Strazdas wrote: »
    It was nice to see her smiling and laughing for a change. But the flirting with Tommy seemed way too forced and rushed.

It came out of nowehere. Typical FC. I know they have had scenes together, and drama, but this is just so rushed.

It came out of nowehere. Typical FC. I know they have had scenese together and drama, but this is juts so rushed.

This is it with Fair City.
    Affairs or relationships don't have any build up.

Like most plots the affair plot arc will start on a Sunday.

Any communication/interaction between two random characters indicates try will be part of a story together.

To force the story on us we will have 3 or 4 completely random situation scenes with these characters to make it seem natural that they are close somewhat. Tommy getting Sunday dinner at Stripey, Stripey being there when Dermish starts another out of nowhere outburst towards The Ram, just general chats.

A random scene involving the person being cheated on (gripey ) will occur next episode with Gripey upsetting Stripey. He will either be lazy or slobbish or will inadvertently insult and upset Stripey by saying something about her appearance. Perhaps "why the long face", "why do you look like you are in shock all the time" "stripes don't suit you."

Tommy and Gripey will suddenly be best mates. They will drink together, timmy will be gardening for him, things like that.

There will be one or two more episodes of random DebnRam (see why I done there!) Scenes, some flirting, deep chats and stolen glances

. Stripey will make a comment re her relationship with Gripey to The Ram. Something like "oh I can't remember the last time we went to dinner" or "Gripey hates these strpes" (after Tommy compliments same stripes.)

This will lead to the deal breaker when Tommy spouts "he doesn't appreciate you enough".

By Sunday the affair will be in full swing.

Fair City. As subtle as Jose Morinho is modest. As predictable as a misery story on The Late Late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

The scene where Emmet asks Love/Hate guy to buy him a drink was so weird. It was like he was coming onto him.

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    The scene where Emmet asks Love/Hate guy to buy him a drink was so weird. It was like he was coming onto him.

Ha I missed that! In fairness he does look like a hobo in all those layers of clothing so Love/Hate Paulio probably didn't blink an eyelid at him asking for a drink

• Advertisement

"Gripey hates these stripes". :pac::D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement