Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Laura runs 10k and not an ounce of sweat on her or redness in her face? she was white as a ghost. I thought it was clever of the writers to have us thinking for a second that Deegan might have Katy although him going country dancing with Dolores was a bit random, I chop and change with Debbie I really hate her and the way she's so spiteful & cold to Eoghan but when she's with Tommy and smiling i kind of warm to her, On a positive note to Wheelie Dan he got a nice haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Dan gets clamped
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTemVWdM_gP9BS9wBoG62rXx-USqc_OzS1S-WqxIlTuWPhkHu1smf0XRg

I think I'm done now with FC.

I only started watching last Christmas when Heather was poisoning Ellie.

Now I think I have better thing to be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

"Good night KT" and turns off the light. Is this guys big fetish extreme peeks boo?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

That solicitor sure is getting a lot of business in Carrigstown. First The Don, then Dermish and now Gripey. I want to know how the Gripeys can even afford her because only the best for The Don!

Also why didn't Rose answer the door when she was getting the cupcakes? I saw someone on FB comment that they think she has KT because why else would she be putting two cupcakes into a zip lock bag! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭threetrees

It could be Rose. We know very little about her and she might have wanted KT out of the way before the court case. Totally far fetched but possible in FC land. Doesn't she have a house elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I think she said earlier to Stripey that she was going out to meet a friend, bringing the buns for the chinwag.

Stripey must have thought the house was empty.

Elderly ladies tend to finish whatever they're at before answering the door, or she may have heard Stripey heading for the door. The operative word being 'heading' or in anticipation of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

threetrees wrote: »
    It could be Rose. We know very little about her and she might have wanted KT out of the way before the court case. Totally far fetched but possible in FC land. Doesn't she have a house elsewhere?
    We know she's a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,301 ✭✭✭✭walshb

We know she's a woman.

The captor?

Is Jo still in the dark about her husband's imminent death?

walshb wrote: »
    We know she's a woman.

The captor?

No, rose is a woman. The captor is quite obviously not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

The captor may not just be one person.....

bazermc wrote: »

A schizophrenic captor!! Now that could be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Well I meant the captor could be Love/hate and Glenrose........

Schizophrenia isn't multiple personality disorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,301 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Schizophrenia isn't multiple personality disorder.

Remove that serious post, now!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

walshb wrote: »
    The captor?

This all seems to be playing the sympathy card to get Jo back. Dermot will set it up that someone else lets her know about his 'illness'. Maybe via Orla, a friend of both Dermot and Jo?

I don't believe Dermot is physically ill. I would believe he is mentally ill and may have depression and may have set things in motion to have liver disease as the smokescreen as he does not want to lose clients and wants to gain sympathy.

A health scam storyline would be a first for Fair City. I feel they are kind of making it up as they go along with Dermot. Things would have been more convincing if they did not show the meeting in the hospital so the only way out of this is Dermot has a friend on the inside or else has borrowed a massive amount of money to bribe the results of the tests. His sudden interest in poker is hardly because he fears for the future of his children as Jo's rich man has plenty of cash as Ben has noted.

Maybe bringing Robbie along was to make it all look convincing. So soon after the Dolores story and also the possible Flynn dying of similar, they would be aiming for something different here. FC never had a medical bribery or fake illness scam story IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

bazermc wrote: »

Pretty sure that the captor is not just one person. The actual captor may be a man but working for or with others. Most likely linked into the Flynn issues with possible involvement of Ciaran Love/Hate, Stella, etc. Rose I didn't think of yet.

It would be shameful (and rather unfaithful to what we have seen so far) if they decided it was actually Debbie behind the whole thing and she got Tommy to do it so as to keep the truth of her affair from Eoghan. Maybe her desperation with Cathal was to convince Cathal she believed he did it to divert attention. Debbie could then have told Tommy to hide her as there was a 'threat' from Cathal and when he finds out she was lying, all hell could break loose.

Pretty sure that the captor is not just one person. The actual captor may be a man but working for or with others. Most likely linked into the Flynn issues with possible involvement of Ciaran Love/Hate, Stella, etc. Rose I didn't think of yet.

It would be shameful (and rather unfaithful to what we have seen so far) if they decided it was actually Debbie behind the whole thing and she got Tommy to do it so as to keep the truth of her affair from Eoghan. Maybe her desperation with Cathal was to convince Cathal she believed he did it to divert attention. Debbie could then have told Tommy to hide her as there was a 'threat' from Cathal and when he finds out she was lying, all hell could break loose.

Just to rule that Debbie is torturing her own daughter out theory...........Debbie and The Ram have had many emotional shoulder crying scenes about Katy being missing! On their own! Now unless, they forget the odd time that they have her, I can't seem to believe they would waste precious RAMming time to play a pretend game to the cameras!

Christ, I hope this is over soon! Our thought processes are verging on FC writer absurdness with some of the theories!

I'm not even going to dare speculate the stup1d plot behind the story but I'm convinced its Love Hate!

Anyone of her family torturing her sanity in a dungeon for 4 months to hide an affair or whatever else! I am not sure even the writers would stoop to such a ridiculous level!
    There is no way they can wipe away all the individual crying and emotional scenes, and pretend they never happened!

A month now of vthis repetitive nonsense we are going to get of her in the dungeon, no plot progress. Its f'kin ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I dont buy any of the whacky theories either but I will give FC some credit in that they managed to tell us what happened to Katy without giving us a single clue as to who it was. You can talk about accents and gold rings etc but the truth is none of us know.

I'm firmly in the "Love Hate alone/with Stella/Stella with gang links" camp but that doesn't mean it cant be entertaining if that does turn out to be the case- how their involvement will be explained will be interesting. But I also firmly believe that they have a cop-out plan of "Its Tommy" if it all gets too hard to explain.

Debbie is a very unsympathetic character when it comes to Katy and extremely inconsistent: for weeks she only cares about sleeping with the Ram, all the while active Discouraging her son and husband from asking the Gardaí about progress or putting up extra posters, as if she just couldn't wait for everyone to forget about Katy....then in the next episode shes curling into a ball crying when she sees a young girl and practically ripping off her bra for some scumbag in the hopes of getting some information on her...just awful awful script writing and it makes it impossible to care about her character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

They may never expose the villan. Just release her and have her watching over her shoulder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

littelady wrote: »
    They may never expose the villan. Just release her and have her watching over her shoulder.

Writers are still probably trying to decide who it is themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Grandeeod wrote: »
    So who wakes up in a shower????:D

Charlie

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

No Fair City tonight??? Dear God! What are we going to talk about from now till Sunday?

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Ha maybe it's Debbie rose and love hate.....for the greater good or next thing they be up to their neck in crusty jugglers

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

I'd say it's Trigger Foley who has KT locked up. Cos Fair City will probably think it's a cool twist to have someone no one would ever suspect, to be the naughty kidnapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭infor123

The captur listed in the credits is female. Anyone know who KTs girlfriend - a journalist - was? She broke up with her shortly before she went missing,

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    No Fair City tonight??? Dear God! What are we going to talk about from now till Sunday?
    Anything but the KT story.

Sentences are turning into paragraphs. Paragraphs are turning into pages. Pages are turning into novels.

Fair City, it's time to sh1t or get off the pot.

infor123 wrote: »
    The captur listed in the credits is female. Anyone know who KTs girlfriend - a journalist - was? She broke up with her shortly before she went missing,

No, it's Seoirse, the Irish for George.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭infor123

No, it's Seoirse, the Irish for George.

Ah right. Ok tried googling his name and nothing came up anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

" No, it's Seoirse, the Irish for George."

Could it be Mondo... :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement