Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

infor123 wrote: »
    Ah right. Ok tried googling his name and nothing came up anyway.
    Read back. It was explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I think it's Nina.
    She's a right sociopath.
    She doesn't need a motive - She kidnaps KT just because she can and is manipulating her with fish and chips and videos of sea shores and next week she'll be shoving in stale hang sangwiches through the drawer along with podcasts of Fair City

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭infor123

sligojoek wrote: »
    Read back. It was explained.

Alright, maybe I just didn't have to time to read through it all!

I wasn't trying to be smart but there was a very good link to the name given in the credits.

I'll save you the time, It's George Spelvin, which is a pseudonym used by actors who either don't want to be credited, or may be playing more than one part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Why the heck isn't FC on? The match is on 2 and FC is always on 1. Instead a proxy rerun of some hippies converting a warehouse to a house is on RTÉ 1.

I'm so annoyed I am going to go off and send an email to RTE and I going to call Joe Duffy in the morning.

Give Duffy my number if you want backup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

bazermc wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Why the heck isn't FC on? The match is on 2 and FC is always on 1. Instead a proxy rerun of some hippies converting a warehouse to a house is on RTÉ 1.

I'm so annoyed I am going to go off and send an email to RTE and I going to call Joe Duffy in the morning.

And everytime someone asks the question, its answered.

The production team is financed for a certain amount of episodes per year, 200 I think its 200 so has to knock 8 "FC Days" days off in the calender year.

They pick and choose by days that collide with popular Irish events, where viewership will be reduced owing to most viewers watching the match etc.

4 episodes a week, same as Eastenders, for example, is pretty good going.

In fact its probably too many, thats why we gets so many repetitive scenes and situations and plots drag and drag.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

bazermc wrote: »

Fair play to ya, go talk to Joe. It's a disgrace Joe.......

Ah fekc, is tomorrow his 'Funny Friday' ? If it is then he won't be taking calls.
    Funny Friday my a***

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

jos28 wrote: »
    Fair play to ya, go talk to Joe. It's a disgrace Joe.......

Ah fekc, is tomorrow his 'Funny Friday' ? If it is then he won't be taking calls.
    Funny Friday my a***

They won't have Funny Friday tomorrow - it's too soon since the last one they had on a Thursday at the Ploughing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

They won't have Funny Friday tomorrow - it's too soon since the last one they had on a Thursday at the Ploughing

Musta missed that one (Thankfully);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Tommy The Ram is on Adoption Stories! I spotted him straight away from a photo of his marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

happyday wrote: »
    Tommy The Ram is on Adoption Stories! I spotted him straight away from a photo of his marriage.

He has such a girly feminine name in real life, Geoff Minougue just doesn't sit right with his image as a Ram!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

A health scam storyline would be a first for Fair City.
    FC never had a medical bribery or fake illness scam story IIRC.

Apart from Jane pretending she had cancer......

He has such a girly feminine name in real life, Geoff Minougue just doesn't sit right with his image as a Ram!
    I knew Minogues growig up in the 70s. Try calling them girlies and see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

It's Dermot who has KT, punishing Eoghan for not listening to him when he warned him about Tommy and punishing Debbie for having an affair because he hates women after what Joe did to him 😜

Just another random thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Katy is being held by a deranged former executive with Disney. He didn't like the way she used to copy the look of Minnie Mouse when she first appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Katy is being held by the Ram (Minogue? She should be so lucky) it's the only storyline
    that makes sense - he has form - he now has stripey - he will release Katy and she won't know who her captor is ... Until one evening after spending the day with her maaaaa and her ma's new boyfriend the words "good night KT" are repeated.

Also Dermish has to be a misdiagnosis story - he's spending all his money on this without any health cover & I'm sure he'll get a huge compo -
    Dermish on the rise whilst Don Paulio loses everything ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Pretzill wrote: »
    Katy is being held by the Ram (Minogue? She should be so lucky) it's the only storyline
    that makes sense - he has form - he now has stripey - he will release Katy and she won't know who her captor is ... Until one evening after spending the day with her maaaaa and her ma's new boyfriend the words "good night KT" are repeated.

I reckon that's it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Shakyfan wrote: »

And the Don pretending to have heart trouble a while back, and Heather pretending Ellie was sick by drugging her....

• Advertisement

Shakyfan wrote: »

Speaking of Jane, did she ever recover from that menopause issue she had

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

TJ from Fair city is in the film Sing Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

everytime Angela calls Deegan 'Johnny' i die a little inside.

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    everytime Angela calls Deegan 'Johnny' i die a little inside.

Here's Johnny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I await The Talking Bread to post a funny picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Never dare associate humour with Deegan. He is only humouring Angela for squatting rights. It isn't going tpo end well. The Carrigstown residents depend on a 24 hour Deegan to appear every 3 months to enforce the law.
    It will be anarchy if he is distracted.

Imagine the horror down beside the Mansshed if Deegan is out having dinner with Angela.

upturned-wheelbarrows-on-the-isle-of-harris-outer-hebrides-scotland-adh2hb.jpg

Or the scenes of chaotic flower pot vandalism on the mainstreet if he heads down to Fota Island for a romantic weekend

1b534596c8cd01e1d34201d601ea1feb.jpg--naas_town_council_staff_clean_up_the_damage_done_to_naas_tidy_towns_flower_tubs_at_poplar_square______________photo_tony_keane_.jpg

Not to mention the women of Carrigstown being tortured into locking themselves away for fear the Bag Robber will reappear when Deegan heads out for a drink with the quare one.

gallery_soaps-fair-city-300513-3.jpg

This is serious sh1t, this Angeleegan relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Is that the end of our other Garda, Alana, Love Hates girlfriend? I wonder will she pop up again..

Is that the end of our other Garda, Alana, Love Hates girlfriend? I wonder will she pop up again..

She's in the cell next to KT

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

fin12 wrote: »
    TJ from Fair city is in the film Sing Street.

He was great in Sing Street!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I'm loving all the fantastical theories. I am firmly in the LoveHate camp and I have to agree with a previous poster. KT will be released, probably completely randomly. She won't know her captor either will we. We will learn nothing for a weeks until finally she hears and recognizes "Good night KT". Of course being FC no one will believe her "it couldn't be X or Y, blah blah" She will finally confront her capture one on one but after last years cerebral Munchausen by Proxy Heather story, I suspect KT will have developed some sort of Stockholm Syndrome. The kidnapper will say they were protecting KT, they had to do it blah blah and she will forgive him. That's it, I'm calling it ;)

• Advertisement

I think the "goodnight KT" plot would be a great one, cept that Corrie already did it, about 16 years ago, when Toyah was raped by a random assailant and only figured out who it was when he heard him calling her name, again!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement