Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

amtc wrote: »
    God I have now officially lost the plot and gone nosing through another website at 8.30am for clues for Katy. Much more important that than circulating a tender for work, ringing my dad on his birthday or picking up my mam from the airport.

Well it is very important : Katy is being held hostage after all and needs rescuing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Strazdas wrote: »
    Well it is very important : Katy is being held hostage after all and needs rescuing :D

I too find myself wondering about this storyline more than I should, and reading every single article or the tv listings to see if its mentioned! I just wish its resolved this month and that the recent scenes weren't just a tease to keep us going another few months. People will simply stop caring if it drags on much longer.

Oh, and Dermot isn't going to die. Hes another lifer. He will find a donor at the last minute, get better and stay another 20 years on the soap.

The captor has apparently been unveiled. But WHEN? I'm actually tiring of FC by now. I only really watch it for this thread!

The captor has apparently been unveiled. But WHEN? I'm actually tiring of FC by now. I only really watch it for this thread!

Where have you heard its unveiled? On the rollercoaster thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Hope everyone remembers to use spoilers if some name starts doing the rounds :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Sure they only write the script on the bus on the way to filming

I looked at the post myself and unless I'm missing something its just one poster effectively saying "The culprit is X because I spoke to Xs mother at a competition" or the poster could simply have made up the story after reading an article about a competition winner. Wheres the collaboration to this statement??

And even IF the poster is correct, plenty of time for a script rewrite.

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 10,302 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Angela's ashes is on now. Helen Norton (Vivienne Lynch) and the late Eileen Colgan (Esther) were on a few minutes ago playing Frank McCourt's aunts Delia and Philomena.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

branie2 wrote: »
    Angela's ashes is on now. Helen Norton (Vivienne Lynch) and the late Eileen Colgan (Esther) were on a few minutes ago playing Frank McCourt's aunts Delia and Philomena.

Helen Norton also played one of the people who discovered Veronica Guerin in her car after she was murdered. She's a decent actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

So Ciaran didn't just appear out of nowhere, he was working at the garage all along!

012_ea83932471cf3756a38c10d0bf925f539927a01f.jpg

023_5c760f650ccf916b6c5e75ffc6dcbc952f639cc9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Well there's a match on later on 2, but FC is still on......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

bazermc wrote: »
    Well there's a match on later on 2, but FC is still on......................

it hasbeen explained multiple times why they have to exclude 8 episodes per year from FC slots. Surely its not that hard to figure out!!

200 episodes commissioned
    52 weeks per year
    4 weekly slots

Do the maths!

Obviously they pick and choose the days based on viewership potential loss. And they probably split them up over the year so as that two episodes in a row aren't cut out!!

it hasbeen explained multiple times why they have to exclude 8 episodes per year from FC slots. Surely its not that hard to figure out!!

52 weeks per year
    4 weekly slots

Do the maths!

Obviously they pick and choose the days based on viewership potential loss. And they probably split them up over the year so as that two episodes in a row aren't cut out!!

I thought you were suppose to be studying :)

I thought you were suppose to be studying :)

I am and I am!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Was away for a few weeks & have just caught up on all the recorded episodes of FC!

Have to say,its gotten better lately. Niamh's come over all Alexis Colby (has she forgotten she also had an affair?) and KT is alive and has immaculately groomed eyebrows even though she's been locked in a room for five months!

Have avoided this thread too until now so have i missed anything,where are we on the conspiracy theories these days?! Are we all in agreement now that its LoveHate who has her or are some still disputing that? I felt sure when Dermot gave Emmet a bag of LoveHate's laundry to bring home last week that he would find something of Katy's in it but alas,no.....

MelanieC wrote: »
    Was away for a few weeks & have just caught up on all the recorded episodes of FC!

Have to say,its gotten better lately. Niamh's come over all Alexis Colby (has she forgotten she also had an affair?) and KT is alive and has immaculately groomed eyebrows even though she's been locked in a room for five months!

Have avoided this thread too until now so have i missed anything,where are we on the conspiracy theories these days?! Are we all in agreement now that its LoveHate who has her or are some still disputing that? I felt sure when Dermot gave Emmet a bag of LoveHate's laundry to bring home last week that he would find something of Katy's in it but alas,no.....

Yep, the strong theory is its still Love Hate either alone or with Stella. The Stella angle coming from the fact that she was specifically brought back to reveal Debbies affair with the Ram, plus the fact she has a dodgy past. Motive? Unknown at this stage. Theory is some connection to Cathal Spillane or a botched hit/guilty conscience/kidnap gone out of control.

At this stage practically everyone thinks its Love Hate and no doubt is but, depressingly, the writers and audience who read this thread is such a miniscule proportion, that there will be no suspense or plot twists when the kidnapper is revealed. Its Ciaran. Roll on 2017 with a new storyline.

I hope Katie makes an appearance tonight. Also is it Katie of Katy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

52 weeks per year
    4 weekly slots

Do the maths!

Are you serious?!? You pop up explaining this Anytime anyone mentions fair city being on or not! Relax TB :D:D it's a fair city thread, people here are invested in it!!!

Are you serious?!? You pop up explaining this Anytime anyone mentions fair city being on or not! Relax TB :D:D it's a fair city thread, people here are invested in it!!!

I am relaxed, thanks. Just find it odd people keep asking and giving out about it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I am relaxed, thanks. Just find it odd people keep asking and giving out about it!!!

I think people just look forward to it and find it annoying when it's not on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Ok right. I am 34 years old and have the hots for the ram.... surely I'm not the only lady frequenting this thread that would spread their legs for him,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Ouuu dermot grew a backbone. Nice!

So....Emmets washing machine is "on the blink"...a deliberate red herring to make us think Ciaran is using it for Katys clothes or the truth?

Surely to God even FC writers don't want us to swallow the fact that Love Hate has been using the very washing machine that he shares with Emmet to wash her clothes and that Emmet has simply not noticed the obvious 20 yr old girl leggings, tops and underwear appearing in the bag?? Please tell me they don't want us to swallow that.

By the way Stripes your daughter is missing and all you care about is getting shagged by the local man slut. Mother of the Year right there...

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

So....Emmets washing machine is "on the blink"...a deliberate red herring to make us think Ciaran is using it for Katys clothes or the truth?

Surely to God even FC writers don't want us to swallow the fact that Love Hate has been using the very washing machine that he shares with Emmet to wash her clothes and that Emmet has simply not noticed the obvious 20 yr old girl leggings, tops and underwear appearing in the bag?? Please tell me they don't want us to swallow that.

By the way Stripes your daughter is missing and all you care about is getting shagged by the local man slut. Mother of the Year right there...

I thought though that Ciaran was using the laundrette?

I thought though that Ciaran was using the laundrette?

He was recently and I presume that's his explanation for using the laundrette (he cant very well walk up to Debbie and say "Katy needs some new clothes for her dungeon, getting kind of ripe down there, cheers, Ill pick it up tonight"!) so he has to use the local business but Emmet also needing it done suggests that up to this point he HAD been sharing with Emmet which is just plain stupid.

Its also stupid to keep using the laundrette as, given how nosy people are in FC, someone would eventually question why he is dropping off so many young girls clothes....

Brian! (Bri) That was amazing! More of that, hilarious

The pub is jammers at breakfast time!

KT

I hope Katie makes an appearance tonight. Also is it Katie of Katy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

• Advertisement

How cam Debbie call Rose bitter? Should Rose be delighted her daughter in law is ripping off her son while her granddaughter is missing? Also I just copped it. Rose is Eoghans father, how come her and Emmet have such a close pally granny/grandson relationship? Eoghan is not Emmetts Dad and Emmet never treated him as his father.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement