Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I'm surprised Rose wasn't around tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I'm surprised Rose wasn't around tonight.

Its Rose I would be more scared of! She will no doubt kick off when all of this affair is revealed. I repeat what a disgusting and horrible character Debbie is. The only person who actually behaved with any degree of realism throughout the whole missing Katy saga was Eoghan, he was the one who kept going with posters and campaigns and out searching for her every night, whereas his joke of a wife just couldn't wait to jump into bed with Tommy Dillon and probably had 3 scenes max between May and now where she missed Katy..

Oh, and memo to Fair City writers- WE KNOW ITS CIARAN! IT WAS CALLED MONTHS AGO SO NOBODY CARES ANYMORE. I wonder do they actually think they are being so clever with all these scenes with him being all helpful and friendly when its the worst kept secret in soap history :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Debbie you absolute B1TCH! I don't need to be mean but she really disgusts me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I would love more than anything if the Ram had KT, it would be such a good ballsy story

• Registered Users Posts: 56,286 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Eskimo Boy to Stripey: I think he (Gripey) wants to try again.... Try fcuking what? They've been the most hostile and unconvincing couple in soap history!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Its Rose I would be more scared of! She will no doubt kick off when all of this affair is revealed. I repeat what a disgusting and horrible character Debbie is. The only person who actually behaved with any degree of realism throughout the whole missing Katy saga was Eoghan, he was the one who kept going with posters and campaigns and out searching for her every night, whereas his joke of a wife just couldn't wait to jump into bed with Tommy Dillon and probably had 3 scenes max between May and now where she missed Katy..

Oh, and memo to Fair City writers- WE KNOW ITS CIARAN! IT WAS CALLED MONTHS AGO SO NOBODY CARES ANYMORE. I wonder do they actually think they are being so clever with all these scenes with him being all helpful and friendly when its the worst kept secret in soap history :D:D

He certainly has to be the kidnapper at this stage but is he working alone and what is his motive? It would be fun if Tommy was somehow involved. Don't think he is directly involved at this stage but he could be called upon to create a surveillance system unknown for what its use will be for!

If eoghans going down anyway ..... he might as well kill Tommy while he's at it ( be hung for a ram as a lamb as they say )

Couldn't agree more. And just think how easy he could make it look like manslaughter. The Ram orders an empty cup of coffee from Spar. Gripey walks up behind him and slips on a 'wet' floor accidentally nudging the Ram, causing him to fall forwards, splashing the hot coffee on himself resulting in 10th degree burns. Dies a slow and painful death. Gripey goes down for manslaughter.

Dermot will need to turn into that other man (Nidge) as soon as possible once Paul finds out he and Niamh stole his money and now Dermot has half of it! Niamh will probably end up on Paul's side in the end but Paul will not be Dermot's only enemy. Dermot's plan will also anger Oisin, which means he will anger Charlotte, which means he will anger Decco and Zumo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone else notice that the Dermot/Niamh robbing Paul plotline is straight out of Breaking Bad? Terminally ill man commits crime to get money for his family with Dermish starring as Heisenberg, Dermish the anti-hero

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that the Dermot/Niamh robbing Paul plotline is straight out of Breaking Bad? Terminally ill man commits crime to get money for his family with Dermish starring as Heisenberg, Dermish the anti-hero

100% noticed this and said earlier. It is like a Breaking Bad plot but more of a JR Ewing stroke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Johnny isn't he a breath of fresh air:) because he's worth it.
    Quote of the year... how long have you beens sleeping with my wife.
    Also I like evil dermot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

Stripey is a horrible b1tch.

I thought Stripey was the nickname for Tommy because he's from Kilkenny, i.e. the Cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I thought Stripey was the nickname for Tommy because he's from Kilkenny, i.e. the Cats.

Ha, no Stripey got her name for more obvious reasons!!

041_6f0f27644b23f2ccd6c1b862e133edb64cf8d7f3.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

FairWedJuly2ndjpg.jpg

056_f67dc89d526d4e86f1ebb020d5bce7324ccca25d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

And Gripey just looks....................gripey

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Just catching up with tonight's episode now.

That last scene between Eoghan and Debbit was the best acting in Fair City for a long long time.

Oh the dRAMa of it all.................

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Just catching up with tonight's episode now.

That last scene between Eoghan and Debbit was the best acting in Fair City for a long long time.

Oh the dRAMa of it all.................

I agree. It was like watching a different soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

For someone that owns a Salon, don't ya think they would have fixed the black nail varnish on Niamh's finger?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

:( I like Debbie, I feel really sorry for her. She married an argumentative, aggressive bully and never seemed happy. She finds comfort from The Ram during a real tough time and fair play to her for having the courage to leave. Of course it's all going to go t1ts up when she finds out the Tommy has had a little building/hostage taking bit on the side. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

jos28 wrote: »

:( I like Debbie, I feel really sorry for her. She married an argumentative, aggressive bully and never seemed happy. She finds comfort from The Ram during a real tough time and fair play to her for having the courage to leave. Of course it's all going to go t1ts up when she finds out the Tommy has had a little building/hostage taking bit on the side. :D
    Eoghan is a million times better husband and father than tommy ever was. Debbie needs to open her eyes.

Yeah, everything is well though out by Neimh and Derms ;) .. :rolleyes:...... Neimh, she's just a gold digger she couldn't give a foook about 'her' children's future.. Regardless of how they end up I'm sure Paul would look after 'his children,' undrestandbaly, she's a bit bitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

Muahahaha wrote: »
    But is Séamus Power (Dermot) definitely leaving Fair City?

Isn't there still the hope that Dermot will get a liver transplant (however remote that hope is)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

jos28 wrote:
    She married an argumentative, aggressive bully and never seemed happy.

Ah I think you're being a bit harsh there. He's a whiney/moany fecker by times but hes not been aggressive toward her from what I recall. Aside from that I think
    hes actually a good character / actor and i'd like him to remain. (Could do without the rest of the family tbh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

At the end of the credits Sam Atwell is a series consultant for Fair City. He was Kane in Home and Away in the early 2000s.. Wonder how he became involved in FC...

What is a series consultant, what do they do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

What is a series consultant, what do they do?

Presume review/aid with storylines. I'm no expert, i'm sure someone will post a good explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Charleygal

walshb wrote: »
    She is their mother. Why would you think not?

I'll appear silly if you're just being sarky :P But Niamh can't have kids, since she had an abortion after getting pregnant by Leo Dowling years ago. Helen Doyle was Rachel's mother, Jane is Callum's, Nicola is Oisin's, and Yvonne is Ruthie's. Paul, the man slut, has been around a bit. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,870 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ah I think you're being a bit harsh there. He's a whiney/moany fecker by times but hes not been aggressive toward her from what I recall. Aside from that I think
    hes actually a good character / actor and i'd like him to remain. (Could do without the rest of the family tbh)

Eoghan was definitely a bit aggressive when we first met him. Remember how he hit the roof when Katy announced she was a lesbian? He kept hectoring her and telling her it was just a phase she was going through, to the point where she had to move out to get away from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Ah poor Eoghan you have to feel sorry for him, never have I seen a man so down. Daughter missing, marriage over, son hates him, now he finds out about the affair. I was waiting for him to deck her in that last scene. She has to be the worst mother on the planet. Her daughter could be a pile of bones in a mountain somewhere and all she cares about is sleeping with that slut Tommy Dillon, truly horrible character..

To be fair I think the guy playing Eoghan might be the best actor in it, I felt genuine sympathy for him tonight. Not because of his story line but because of the poor standard he has to work with

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Has there been a gay male character or couple in Carrigstown ? In recent times there's been 5 lesbian characters, just wondering like.

• Advertisement

Charleygal wrote: »
    I'll appear silly if you're just being sarky :P But Niamh can't have kids, since she had an abortion after getting pregnant by Leo Dowling years ago. Helen Doyle was Rachel's mother, Jane is Callum's, Nicola is Oisin's, and Yvonne is Ruthie's. Paul, the man slut, has been around a bit. :D

I am well aware of biology...

Oh, and Niamh was not referring to Callum and Oisin when she said she needs to think of her kids....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement