Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

In fairness, this genuinely must be the first ever terminal illness story for a long term, generally harmless character that fails to ignite any sort of sadness, empathy or even bother with the viewers!!

It takes skill from writers to put zero emotion into such a plot! It's kind of comedic in a way! I mean, he is there te guts of 20 years probably now and its just like, oh, is he dying or not! Noone knows what the hell is going on! And it is only now they are developing pretend friendships with the likes of Caddle, Greasy and Niamh for plot devices!
    "Robbie, I'm dying".
    "Oh,,,,eh, eh, oh here, just take my money, f off somewhere, Cavan, Cork, whereever"
    "Caddle, I'm dying,"
    "You whaaaaa, don't be stupid, don't take your problems out on me, get another opinion off another doctor"
    "Niamh, I am dying"
    "Oh, right, I am actually just here to ask you (the worst financial affairs man in the country) to swindle all my husbands money"

As someone said, it is now developing into the worst scripted, nonsensical version of a Walter White/Heisenberg type plot!
    He will evolve into this man within 2 months

Fair_City__Love_hate.jpg

I do love when Dermot flys off the handle, it's hilarious. Ever since Jo had the affair he's become incredibly agressive.

Ah poor Eoghan you have to feel sorry for him, never have I seen a man so down. Daughter missing, marriage over, son hates him, now he finds out about the affair. I was waiting for him to deck her in that last scene. She has to be the worst mother on the planet. Her daughter could be a pile of bones in a mountain somewhere and all she cares about is sleeping with that slut Tommy Dillon, truly horrible character..

Exactly and if she thinks she's going to get a happy ever after with that slut ram she's got another thing coming. He'll get bored of her fairly soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

When is this court case. I assume Love Hate gets rumbled in the midst of the drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Charleygal wrote: »
    Niamh can't have kids, since she had an abortion after getting pregnant by Leo Dowling years ago.

That'll learn 'em :rolleyes:

Oh god no.

She's back next week.

• Advertisement

Oh god no.

She's back next week.

Who?? And to save time, how do you know

"Just 5 minutes"

Nina

Nina

To cover the trial no doubt and probably rescue Sash from Laura

Nina

To cover the trial no doubt and probably rescue Sash from Laura

To do our head in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

People in FC go to Galway or Cork and are never seen again but she pops over from England more often than if she were living next door! There are characters still supposed to be living in Carrigstown who aren't seen as often!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

The Dermot-Niamh-Paul story is continuing down the Breaking Bad meets Dallas route. The consequences of this will be far reaching and unpleasant for all concerned drawing in a previously unlikely alliance of Paul, Oisin, Charlotte, Rachel (if she makes a guest return appearance), Hayley, the Bishops and maybe others (Callum?) against Dermot and Niamh.

I have a funny feeling that Tommy will feature in the Katy disappearance storyline but not as the captor but as the hero and rescuer of her. Going on the rumours for next week and scenes from this week, the captor now has to be or at least involve one certain person who is always with the O'Briens almost all the time. Eventually Tommy may well be the man to pick up on something he says or does, follows him and rescues Katy. Debbie and Eoghan will be thrilled and Eoghan and Katy will have very mixed views on Tommy the home-wrecker cum hero.

"The consequences for this will be far reaching and unpleasant for all concerned " !!

Are these spoilers Builder Plumber?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Eoghan is actually better off away from that cow Debbie, it might seem harsh but their marriage really was built on sand foundations. However I do feel this Katy story will come to a head with the trial next week, it has to, its been dragging on for months now and when Love Hate is exposed and Katy released, im sure the family will move on. Theres nothing left for them here, even Tommy will move on to another woman soon..

Speaking of which, remember when Dermot was going mad accusing Tommy of wanting to have an affair with Stripey? So, yeah, he was right...wonder will he say anything about it?

Its silly that they haven't recast the likes of Zak and Dearbhla. And Dr. Hiyyya still hasn't made an effort to see her grandaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Renee just announced on the Today show that Heather is coming back.

Debbies showing her real stripes now to everyone.

https://www.facebook.com/RTEOne/videos/1248232128583958/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

youwould wrote: »
    Renee just announced on the Today show that Heather is coming back.

Oh great...I cant wait! Note the sarcasm:D

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Spar. Where everybody knows your name. The Dublin version of Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

G'wan gripy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

"Can we do this somewhere else"?

Spar. ...go to Spar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Very good episode tonight. Great to see some characters speaking the harsh truth about Debbie i.e that shes despicable for hiding the info on her affair and
    that she threw her family away for some pr!ck like Tommy Dillon..

Unsubtle "Its Ciaran" hint #1: He mentions all the money and premises needed to open a garage. shame you used all that to imprison a young girl eh!

Unsubtle "Its Ciaran" hint #2 Emmet slowly and deliberately unloads the washing piece by piece and we see many items of clothing clearly meant for a slight young girl eg short jeans, leggings and blouse. I wonder who they are meant for.

It maddens me that the contributors of this thread make up only 0.0000000000000001% of the viewing public, who will no doubt gush and praise the writers for creating such an original and shocking storyline when we all saw it coming MONTHS ago. :mad::mad:

Great acting from Eoghan and Emmett tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,286 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I wonder if poor owl Dermish will live long enough to realise that he was right all along about Stripey and the Ram? Or will he even remember his manic suspicions?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

walshb wrote: »
    I wonder if poor owl Dermish will live long enough to realise that he was right all along about Stripey and the Ram? Or will he even remember his manic suspicions?

I hope he does, we need I told you so scene in the pub from Dermot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Oisin (actor) plays his part sooooo well. His delivery is flawless. He's such a prick yet you can't help but like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Oisin (actor) plays his part sooooo well. His delivery is flawless. He's such a prick yet you can't help but like him.

His lines are so good I'm sceptical that the script writers actually come up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

His lines are so good I'm sceptical that the script writers actually come up with them.

Yeah that's my thinking too. Its almost like he's ad-libbing cause his lines are quality compared to the paint by numbers crap the others spout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

He's not an actor !! He's really a Boardsie lurker who invades the set most days and ad libs !!

We really should have an Oisin best line thread ! Rexit was classic as was the Countdown theme !

• Advertisement

desbrook wrote: »
    He's not an actor !! He's really a Boardsie lurker who invades the set most days and ad libs !!

We really should have an Oisin best line thread ! Rexit was classic as was the Countdown theme !

Nah the best moment from Oisin was his "ooops, knock knock" line for me!! Actor's delivery was bang on!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement