Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I really hate Stripey. How can she continue to defend her behaviour now that everyone knows? It's disgusting. I know Gripey comes across as a bit pathetic at times but you can't say he didn't try.

It's funny how the characters have done a complete 180 from when they first arrived. Stripey was the holier-than-thou wife and mother who prided herself on family and treating people right just as she shamed Niamh for being 'lit up' by Mumbles. And Gripey loved to pick fights with neighbours for no reason and bullied his daughter for being gay. Time passed and now Stripey is shagging the life out of The Ram with no thought for her missing child nevermind her dead one. And Gripey loves his gay daughter just as she is and is out scouring the streets of Ireland looking for her (okay, Galway and Carrigstown). WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Wednesday night when Eoghan and Debbie had their showdown I'd have said they were great actors. Last night when Emmet was confronting Debbie she looked like she was bursting to pee - like the episode in Friends where Joey has to pee

Also someone asked about gay male characters - Troy Dowlng (Leo's son) is gay. Back in the 90s Liam was bisexual and Eoghan was gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,285 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Let's put something to bed here. Gripey is the actor in these scenes. Stripey is a useless actor. So very one dimensional and unconvincing. Eskimo Boy is so so. Ok until he tries to get all animated.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

How many Clothes does Emmett go through? he had two bags of washing Sunday and now another one in last nights episode, in any case he's old enough and angry enough to do his own washing

How many Clothes does Emmett go through? he had two bags of washing Sunday and now another one in last nights episode, in any case he's old enough and angry enough to do his own washing

His washing machine is broken, which is integral to the Katy storyline and "you must be sick of doing me washing" line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Who has been dressing Hayley????

All Ray, LoveHate, Doug and Wayne need to do is rent a premises and they have their own garage and Paul is screwed. What garage have an owner who does no work on the cars and a manager that just signs dockets?

Mondos Ma has the world's shortest memory

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I dont know, but they shouldnt bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

He wears the same few things all the time. And his clean clothes were in the kitchen press! Who keeps clothes there?

Her get up was unbelievably awful last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

It was a sack of washing when he brought it to the house then when he was packing it up it fit into a small bag.... Shrinkage :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Beetlejuice

hayleybeetlkejuice_zps6snh7ntg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

happyday wrote: »
    He wears the same few things all the time. And his clean clothes were in the kitchen press! Who keeps clothes there?

I think the washing machine was in the kitchen press. Mine is anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Beetlejuice

Ha, Dean is looking on enviously AGAIN she is gradually stealing his zebra "fashion" style!

009_7d409d119207b4b5af2269a9c1f090e92f1ab8a2.jpg

bazermc wrote: »

Maybe so. I thought that when he put the clothes into the machine it was over to the right.

Isn't a washing machine meant to be beside the sink? (mine is) I think their sink is over at the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Beetlejuice

Hayley getting prepared early for Halloween.

Fair City's beautiful smart young business entrepreneur always looks like she's being entered in the Crufts Dog Show.

Why is Eoghen worried about the house repairs? They rent the house, the landlord looks after that stuff..... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

bazermc wrote:

Great washing machine that dries the clothes too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Great washing machine that dries the clothes too

Could be a combo washer drier?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Beetlejuice

Best genuine laugh I've had in ages! Bravo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

youwould wrote: »

I agree.i knew she reminded me of something in that outfit but I couldn't put my finger on it!

And Deb keeps saying one of us will have to move out. Sure they can both move out the house is rented. Doesn't Rose have her own 2 bed flat she has rented out. So when Eoghan goes off to jail is Rose going to stay? Just her Deb and the Ram? Emmet and KT live with LoveHate!

Why is Eoghen worried about the house repairs? They rent the house, the landlord looks after that stuff..... :rolleyes:

youwould wrote: »

Herself and Niamh are always dressed like they've a big business meeting in 1986

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

As another poster said, IF Eoghan does do some jail time, that leaves him in jail, Emmet living with Katys kidnapper and Debbie living with Rose! That alone will make for some great viewing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,870 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

As another poster said, IF Eoghan does do some jail time, that leaves him in jail, Emmet living with Katys kidnapper and Debbie living with Rose! That alone will make for some great viewing :D

The manslaughter charge is completely laughable of course. Michael's injury was entirely accidental, Eoghan had no way of knowing that pulling him out of the way would result in Michael banging his head off something. Even more extraodinarily, Eoghan and Michael were squaring up to a criminal who had just kidnapped Debbie when the incident happened (!).

It's so laughable and it's an insult to the viewers intelligence. When did the writers decide mid siege they should throw that into the mix? There was no intent at all. A drunk driver ploughing into a group of school kids wouldn't do time in this country. And Debbie writing a victim impact report? Michael was Eoghans be it step son! How does Cathal shoulder none of the responsibility?? I can't remember did Eoghan hand himself in or did the Ram hand in the CCTV results? Why were they even investigating his death? He fell over while grappling with Cathal.
    Strazdas wrote: »
    The manslaughter charge is completely laughable of course. Michael's injury was entirely accidental, Eoghan had no way of knowing that pulling him out of the way would result in Michael banging his head off something. Even more extraodinarily, Eoghan and Michael were squaring up to a criminal who had just kidnapped Debbie when the incident happened (!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Nina ..... : (

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement