Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Eoghans manslaughter of Michael reminds me of hearing about would-be-heroes being sued for breaking the ribs of people choking by giving the heimlich. It's just totally unjust.

What is puzzling to me: why didn't the writers get Eoghan to injure Michael in a more plausible way? Like pushing him instead of Cathal in the middle of a brawl or something? Why make it happen so stupidly? H

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

nagdefy wrote: »
    Debbie was doing major work on redeeming herself but undid a lot of her good work telling Eoghan that he destroys lives. You'd think he was a rapist or murderer rather than a man who accidentally bumped into his stepson, which bizarrely led to the later's death, and who's marriage broke up.

Ya. The last thing she said to him tonight was you kill things, what the f*ck is wrong with her?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What happened to Tommy's recording of the "incident"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

That was a crap solicitor Eoghen had.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Why would Paddy even chase after dickhead Pearce, ya I hate you but I'm going to chase you so the woman I still love can patch things up with you, such crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Is the girl who plays Nina pregnant I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fin12 wrote: »
    Why would Paddy even chase after dickhead Pearce, ya I hate you but I'm going to chase you so the woman I still love can patch things up with you, such crap.

Paddy's chase is coming from Emmerdale all the way to Carrigstown :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Paddy's chase is coming from Emmerdale all the way to Carrigstown :P

Yep, asnd poor Dermish is involved

Fair-City-640x457.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1 belfastmark

dee_mc wrote: »
    What makes you think that? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

dee_mc wrote: »

I think Sash is. We're onto the handbag in front of the tummy routine now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

What makes you think that? Lol

I only got a glimpse at the show tonight but thought it looked like the old 'hide the bump under a massive coat' technique, doesn't make any difference of course but I wondered if anyone else had any insight!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How did eoghan kill michael?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,283 ✭✭✭✭walshb

6 fooking years suspended? You jammy murdering bastid!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

That was a crap solicitor Eoghen had.
    Yeah, but the judge was sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Hailey boxes the head off Laura tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Laura is Carrigstown answer to Lance Armstrong. I expect an Oprah Winfrey style confession in about 10 years.

I hate Debbie ....I hate Debbie.

No shame , no guilt , no memory of Katie leaving due to her affair with The Ram . She has the neck to tell Eoghan "you kill things" . Hard nosed self centered b*tch!

Poor Eoghan, the trial was a joke . This would never happen in reality , it was a complete accident on his part brought on by him trying to rescue Debbie . He doesn't deserve this . Their marriage wasn't bad at all. When they came to Carrigstown they were a normal happy family , no better or worse than others like Paul and Niamh . Yes Eoghan is a hot head but Debbie wasn't unhappy with him then? Hope The Ram cheats on her .

I HATE DEBBIE! I HATE DEBBIE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Really though.. apart from the absolutely rediculous story about Gripey going to trial, the whole courtroom setting was really bad.

In the other soaps(Corrie etc.) , when there is a courtroom scene, at least they make some effort to simulate a proper courtroom. But FC look like they found a spare room somewhere in RTE and stuffed everyone into it, along with a few chairs.

And I really had to laugh at how ****ing serious they were all taking themselves. Deegan especially with his little notebook :rolleyes:

It looks like Ray isnt going to be around for his exes funeral??

Why would Dolly be so upset, did she even know Angela?

I'm sorry but I cant get any feeling of sorrow or sadness at Angelas demise :p

How did eoghan kill michael?

Yep.............. this is it. Brace yourself for one of the most brutal, violent killing scenes in the history of soaps.

Context: Mumbles and Gripey are trying to catch a man who has just held Stripey hostage at knifepoint a few minutes earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

maurv1 wrote: »
    Really though.. apart from the absolutely rediculous story about Gripey going to trial, the whole courtroom setting was really bad.

In the other soaps(Corrie etc.) , when there is a courtroom scene, at least they make some effort to simulate a proper courtroom. But FC look like they found a spare room somewhere in RTE and stuffed everyone into it, along with a few chairs.

And I really had to laugh at how ****ing serious they were all taking themselves. Deegan especially with his little notebook :rolleyes:

It looks like Ray isnt going to be around for his exes funeral??

Why would Dolly be so upset, did she even know Angela?

I'm sorry but I cant get any feeling of sorrow or sadness at Angelas demise :p

That was actually quite realistic for an Irish court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

That was actually quite realistic for an Irish court.

For a district court yes but surely not a circuit court ?

desbrook wrote: »
    For a district court yes but surely not a circuit court ?

This would be a standard circuit criminal court in Ireland

pastedimage-86356-752x501.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,870 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Eoghan would never have pleaded guilty if this were a real life case. Pleading guilty is what he would do if he and Michael got into an argument, Eoghan punched him and Michael smashed his head off something as he fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Well, tonights episode plumbed new depths of mediocrity, which is usually difficult even by the low standards of FC.writers..
    For example, we had Deegan , who has known Angela ‘intimately’ for all of five days, telling Mondo that he knows exactly the the kind of tune that she wants played at her funeral.
    It makes you wonder what kind of conversation went on between Deegan and Angela, as they lay back in bed after a heavy bout of ‘hide-the –sausage’
    Deegan : ‘’Good woman, Angela. Begob, that was grand’’.
    Angela : ‘’No bother, Sergeant. Fair play to you, you really know how to use that ‘Special Branch’ you have there......But what I really want to talk to you about is the tune I want played at my funeral’’.
    Deegan : ‘’ God, Ted, I mean Angela, that’s very morbid. What started you off thinking about death?’’
    Angela : ‘’Better to be safe than sorry. Anway , what I want played at my funeral is some music that would reflect my feelings and emotions about the beauty, tenderness, and idealism of this world we live in. Something soft, heavenly and sacred.. So, with that in mind, what would please me most is the hear is the gentle, dulcet tones of Big Tom singing ‘’Four Country Roads’’.
    Or If that’s not possible, I want the congregation to sway gently to the profound opening bars of that sensitive song from the Book of Psalms, Blessed Nathan's heart-stopping rendition of ‘’Rock Me Mama Like a Wagon Wheel’’.’’
    Deegan : ‘’ All right, Angela. Just remember, it’s your funeral......’’

Judge to Gripey : ‘’ Mr O’Brien, I appreciate that the fact that when young Mumbles died , it was never your intention to inflict injury on the lad in any way, and that you were, in fact , doing everything in your power to remove the young man from harm’s way.
    Also, I am very mindful of the fact that your daughter is gone missing, your marriage has broken down, your livelihood has been destroyed, your mother is a hateful, nagging old b*tch, and your missus is shacked up with the local stallion.
    Bearing all these painful, heart-rending realities in mind, plus the fact that you have never ever broken the law in your entire life, never even drove with a bald tyre. So, taking all these mitigating circumstances into consideration, I hereby sentence you to six years imprisonment’’

Six years? Jaysis, it makes you wonder what the sentence would have been if the Judge hadn’t taken these things into consideration. Burial alive? Lethal injection? Beheading? .....................:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I hate Debbie ....I hate Debbie.

No shame , no guilt , no memory of Katie leaving due to her affair with The Ram . She has the neck to tell Eoghan "you kill things" . Hard nosed self centered wagon.

Poor Eoghan, the trial was a joke . This would never happen in reality , it was a complete accident on his part brought on by him trying to rescue Debbie . He doesn't deserve this . Their marriage wasn't bad at all. When they came to Carrigstown they were a normal happy family , no better or worse than others like Paul and Niamh . Yes Eoghan is a hot head but Debbie wasn't unhappy with him then? Hope The Ram cheats on her .

I HATE DEBBIE! I HATE DEBBIE !

Sweetmaggie, would it be wrong of me to gently suggest that you might not be Debbie's No.1 Fan? Sorry, it's just a vibe I'm getting from your post. I may be wrong :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I have a hunch, that courtroom is the old Kilmainham court house

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I have a hunch, that courtroom is the old Kilmainham court house

Eye eye Captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

This would be a standard circuit criminal court in Ireland

pastedimage-86356-752x501.png

That's the CCJ in Conyngham Road, far from 'standard'

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Yeah, but when is Katie going to get released.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

Six year sentence was ridiculous in the first place. Having the entire six years suspended was even more ridiculous. Surely somewhere along the lines of two years would have been more appropriate....and then have those suspended.

I hope Eoghan ends up with some hot, young one (or maybe the likes of Jane - she'd put a bit of life back in him!!)....just to get up Debbie's nose. She's a cow if ever there was one. No man in his right mind would have dumped Jackie for such misery guts.

Ray has pretty much always supported Mondo to best of my knowledge. The fact he wouldn't be there for him after his mother died doesn't make sense. For the sake of a couple of weeks why didn't they keep Ray around till after Angela's death and then use that as a reason for him to head off and fulfill his dreams (i.e life is short etc.)?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement