Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

really? Arrested for what ?

In fairness Eoghan and Trigger could very much pass as father/ son, resemblance wise.

000cc182-800.jpg

Beating Carol at her wedding reception, Wayne was witness, then Robbie beat up Trigger who Robbie tricked into telling Deegan he didn't see his attacker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Trigger is back in prison, Carol got him arrested before her honeymoon

I thought Trigger would turn out to be Eoghan's dad as Rose knew him

I don't remember that, what, no court case /trial??. :confused:.... Last I remembered was he was on his death bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Beating Carol at her wedding reception, Wayne was witness, then Robbie beat up Trigger who Robbie tricked into telling Deegan he didn't see his attacker

christ, and Deegan was at the wedding staring at a bloody knuckled and deshevvled Greasy and he didn't put 2 and 2 together...............

I don't remember that, what, no court case /trial??. :confused:.... Last I remembered was he was on his death bed.

I remember Deegan arresting him at the Station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Jodotman

Seriously where is Tommy living?

In a house somewhere with Katie in the basement!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Jodotman wrote: »

Tommy is living in the Balintine attic.... Himself and Debbie should move into room 202 now.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

nagdefy wrote: »
    While Love/Hate looks like he works out a lot, noticeable especially around his chest and arms he seems to have a large protruding stomach. Anyone else notice this? Kind of inconsistent with weight/circuit training. What's his regieme?!

He's probably overdoing the protein intake, taking in more than his body needs. Any excess protein the body doesn't need or use just turns to fat. That's why you see a lot of people who do the weights walking around with big bellies.

dixiedan wrote: »
    Does Debs think herself and The Ram Dillon are going to live happily ever after? I'd guess the The Ram's head wouldn't be long turning if he got the nod off another woman.

Also, does she know about his previous issues and time spent in psychiatric care?

Debbie knows but thinks he is changed and that was all Jane and Judy fault

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭Rfrip

monkey9 wrote: »
    He's probably overdoing the protein intake, taking in more than his body needs. Any excess protein the body doesn't need or use just turns to fat. That's why you see a lot of people who do the weights walking around with big bellies.

I am 100 percent using this as an excuse to my increasing waistline

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

No sign of Ama or Jake in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Jodotman wrote: »

They've taken the top story that they sawed off Bob's house to make the bungalow and shoved it underneath to make a basement - that's where she's being held - under Bob's bungalow. Can't remember for the life of me who is living there now. Is Bob still there and Renee?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,283 ✭✭✭✭walshb

While Love/Hate looks like he works out a lot, noticeable especially around his chest and arms he seems to have a large protruding stomach. Anyone else notice this? Kind of inconsistent with weight/circuit training. What's his regieme?!

Can't see anything to suggest he works out a odd. Odd shape if you ask me, with a bit of a pot belly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

I thought FC could have done more with the Laura/Hayley altercation. After Hayley punches Laura we went to ad break.

How about after the ads Laura wipes her bloody nose and gets really mad punching Hayley and leaving her with 2 black eyes afterwards. In the scuffle clumps of blonde hair fall to the ground.

This all takes place with the viewer knowledge of the history of violence in the Halpin family. Laura's father murdered her mother and her brother Mark was violent also, involved in 'sorting out' people in gang violence.

Also the sight of Hayley around Carrickstown, her strut gone, missing hair, with 2 black eyes would be funny. And also Niamh, Oisin, Paul, Deccos' reaction etc.

I thought FC could have done more with the Laura/Hayley altercation. After Hayley punches Laura we went to ad break.

How about after the ads Laura wipes her bloody nose and gets really mad punching Hayley and leaving her with 2 black eyes afterwards. In the scuffle clumps of blonde hair fall to the ground.

Fair City's ad break cliffhangers are legendary in how anti climatic they are!

Something is about to happen some affair rumbled, someone about to admit to murder, two people about to kiss, etc etc, the adbreak goes, then we come back and nothing........... they manage to evade the third party discovering them together, or they decide not to bother confessing or they stop before they kiss!!

In fact when Angela died before the break, I thought they were going to come back after the ads and her awake and making Mongo a cup of tea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

This all takes place with the viewer knowledge of the history of violence in the Halpin family. Laura's father murdered her mother and her brother Mark was violent also, involved in 'sorting out' people in gang violence.

Also the sight of Hayley around Carrickstown, her strut gone, missing hair, with 2 black eyes would be funny. And also Niamh, Oisin, Paul, Deccos' reaction etc.

I was reminded too of the Halpin family's violent past. Marty Halpin's storyline came in around the same time as the Billy Meehan one. Both violent wifebeaters but (unlike Meehan) Halpin was not involved in gangland and gave a decent image to the general public. Fair City's answer to Coronation St's Richard Hillman character perhaps?

Mark attacked Suzanne after her violence towards Damien and was involved with gangland figures too IIRC. A violent storyline for Laura might be good and might make her character more interesting as she does have potential to be good with the right story. I also thought they could have done more with Dean and the illegal fighting too. This story was wrapped up too quickly so as to focus on some stupid Orla story IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Fair City's ad break cliffhangers are legendary in how anti climatic they are!

Something is about to happen some affair rumbled, someone about to admit to murder, two people about to kiss, etc etc, the adbreak goes, then we come back and nothing........... they manage to evade the third party discovering them together, or they decide not to bother confessing or they stop before they kiss!!

In fact when Angela died before the break, I thought they were going to come back after the ads and her awake and making Mongo a cup of tea!

Remember a few months back when Charlie looked like he was having a heart attack (think it might have been when Doug etc were a having a party in his house while it was been renovated). He looked like he was dying and cut to a break.

Comes back after the ads sitting up on the couch moaning "I'm fine. Stop fussing"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

monkey9 wrote: »

And small willies?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

bazermc wrote: »
    And small willies?

That's only from steroids. Laura's must have shrunk to nothing

Maybe Nina has got Katy and is Paul in Mallow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Maybe Nina has got Katy and is Paul in Mallow

That would be some twist- a journalist so desparate for a story that she holds a young girl hostage for months just so when the hearing comes up she gets to write the story of how the family have collapsed. Nah, that's way too much effort just to see your name in print!

Its Ciaran/Tommy/Stella. Case closed.

• Advertisement

That would be some twist- a journalist so desparate for a story that she holds a young girl hostage for months just so when the hearing comes up she gets to write the story of how the family have collapsed. Nah, that's way too much effort just to see your name in print!

Sure Nina lives in London.......... :D

She could have drugged her dumped her in the booth then took the ferry back to London. Its not Impossible given the fact that its FC..

But does she really :P

She could have drugged her dumped her in the booth then took the ferry back to London. Its not Impossible given the fact that its FC..

ha, we all know it's LoveHate! I'll be honest the story has gone on far too long that even I have moments when I doubt myself!!

Last night when GlenRose went all sinister with Stripey at the end it got me thinking............!

I wonder will this be the start of Deegan actually getting some normal stories now, in a way I just prefer him as the Cop that's always on the Spot of a crime or argument!
    But would be interesting to see him getting a story.

The actor that plays him has a very interesting (and I'd say surprising to many) personal back story

The actor that plays him has a very interesting (and I'd say surprising to many) personal back story

I'm going to do a Hayley on you (punch) if you ever try that cheap anti climactic "leave us hanging" ad break stunt again! Whats the back story??

I'm going to do a Hayley on you (punch) if you ever try that cheap anti climactic "leave us hanging" ad break stunt again! Whats the back story??

ha! Google him, basically he was an ex junkie, alcoholic criminal. He got 9 year jail sentence for armed robbery, among others.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fair-city-star-comes-clean-on-his-criminal-past-26640688.html

So that was hardly that anti climatic!! :D

He was very young at the time and has turned his life around . He is now a taxi driver around Dublin also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Which one, cant be all 3 of them (or can it...............)?

ha! Google him, basically he was an ex junkie, alcoholic criminal. He got 9 year jail sentence for armed robbery, among others.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fair-city-star-comes-clean-on-his-criminal-past-26640688.html

So that was hardly that anti climatic!! :D

He was very young at the time and has turned his life around . He is now a taxi driver around Dublin also.

Ah I didn't know that, thanks for the info.

On your point about how awful the ad break cliffhangers are, surely the worst one of late was when Niamh was about to dramatically storm the bursary awards to announce the Paul and Hayley affair only to change her mind when Emmet went nuts. Could have seen that coming a MILE off. Sure Niamh and Paul are together forever, cant be having any other outcome now can we.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

dixiedan wrote: »
    Does Debs think herself and The Ram Dillon are going to live happily ever after?
    Where would they live ? Sure Tommy is shacked up in the basement of the Ballintyne beside the an ensuite padded cell he built for Katie :D

• Advertisement

jos28 wrote: »
    Where would they live ? Sure Tommy is shacked up in the basement of the Ballintyne beside the an ensuite padded cell he built for Katie :D

Not to mention the fact that he has proven time and time again that he cant be faithful. That's the man Debbie has given up her family for. She will be turfed out in a few weeks or months when he moves on, there is no longevity at all with that couple!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement