Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

scarbouro wrote: »
    Who the hell dresses Kerrie Ann?! She rocks up in the middle of October to do gardening in that get up!! She looks ridiculous.

The Laura storyline is extremely boring now...

the whole of Fair City is extremely boring now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 56,283 ✭✭✭✭walshb

the whole of Fair City is extremely boring now :eek:

Agreed. As we have said time and time again. It's the thread that keeps us watching...

Although, anyone else loving Niamh non stop catching Paulio out with no reaction from her towards him? They will probably get till next year out of this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Why is Amanda helping Cass???? What age is the football captain "Bri"? And no one from Dublin says "shift"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

mloc123 wrote: »
    It was a Jag... but interestingly (maybe only to me) they had a 131 D number plate on it... despite the model being discontinued in 08/09

Nearly 100% sure that was a beemer

just looked again, was a Jag!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

walshb wrote: »
    Agreed. As we have said time and time again. It's the thread that keeps us watching...

Although, anyone else loving Niamh non stop catching Paulio out with no reaction from her towards him? They will probably get till next year out of this one.

No woman would be able to play nice for this long!

That was a jaguar 100%

• Advertisement

No woman would be able to play nice for this long!

That was a jaguar 100%

yeah, you are right

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

December is when they will wrap the KT thing up, as that's when Nina mentioned she was doing her article on missing people. By then though nobody will care. Even now very few care. Love Hate/Tommy or Stella or all 3.

December is when they will wrap the KT thing up, as that's when Nina mentioned she was doing her article on missing people. By then though nobody will care. Even now very few care. Love Hate/Tommy or Stella or all 3.

3 main suspects! Bound to get it right!

Nah, 100% LoveHate! Now that Gripey has moved in, things will start to unravel!

Still think he is connected to Cathal.

Why in gods name doesn't Katy break the camera. His keeping her captive seems to be prefaced on him being able to watch her.

She could then build some sort of plan if he was to try get in and fix it or see what happened. She could play dead and have some sort of weapon ready. She could turn the bead over and clatter him as he walks in with something. Anything.
    He could pretend she has stabbed herself and he comes to her assistance.

She has nothing to lose at this stage. He doesnt want her dead obviously so a rational person would take their chances and at least try something rather than asking him every couple of days "Whaaaaaaaaaa do you want"

I know you suspend belief for soap stories but when it is going on 5 months and they are depicting Katy's lack of any proactive efforts to escape for almost 160 days, it really takes the p1ss.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mittimitti

Pauls car was a jag quick cartel check on the reg shows it as a punto :)

Cathal has be holding Katy not sure what way they are going with it but they are dragging it out

^ Yeah I think she has experienced every single emotion in there since May,from relief shes not being hurt, to extreme boredom to rage against her weirdly motive-less abductor. Its weird that they haven't shown an attempt by her to try and pretend shes sick, breaking the camera, trying to flee etc.

Then again, we don't know what has happened up to now. A few weeks ago she was absolutely terrified waiting in the shower. as if she had been hurt previous when she tried to run. Then she almost speaks to him like a friend, like lastnight when explaining how many meals she has had. Shes desparate for any type of human interaction.

Very very difficult to wrap this up without boring the audience. Bar a totally random alien abduction, its clearly Love Hate hired by Cathal to torment the O Briens (but that's so obvious that its an extremely weak resolution), or Tommy having another breakdown (again, extremely weak, loads of people know about the affair) and that just leaves Stella. Who we know NOTHING about so she could have a motive who knows. But if they don't have an interesting conclusion to this soon, it really will go down as one of the worst plots in FC history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,870 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

^ Yeah I think she has experienced every single emotion in there since May,from relief shes not being hurt, to extreme boredom to rage against her weirdly motive-less abductor. Its weird that they haven't shown an attempt by her to try and pretend shes sick, breaking the camera, trying to flee etc.

Then again, we don't know what has happened up to now. A few weeks ago she was absolutely terrified waiting in the shower. as if she had been hurt previous when she tried to run. Then she almost speaks to him like a friend, like lastnight when explaining how many meals she has had. Shes desparate for any type of human interaction.

Very very difficult to wrap this up without boring the audience. Bar a totally random alien abduction, its clearly Love Hate hired by Cathal to torment the O Briens (but that's so obvious that its an extremely weak resolution), or Tommy having another breakdown (again, extremely weak, loads of people know about the affair) and that just leaves Stella. Who we know NOTHING about so she could have a motive who knows. But if they don't have an interesting conclusion to this soon, it really will go down as one of the worst plots in FC history.

The kidnapper must be planning on releasing her, otherwise keeping his identity secret doesn't make much sense.

Don't know why he hasn't given her a radio, it would help keep her sane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

3 main suspects! Bound to get it right!

Nah, 100% LoveHate! Now that Gripey has moved in, things will start to unravel!

Still think he is connected to Cathal.

Why in gods name doesn't Katy break the camera. His keeping her captive seems to be prefaced on him being able to watch her.

She could then build some sort of plan if he was to try get in and fix it or see what happened. She could play dead and have some sort of weapon ready. She could turn the bead over and clatter him as he walks in with something. Anything.
    He could pretend she has stabbed herself and he comes to her assistance.

She has nothing to lose at this stage. He doesnt want her dead obviously so a rational person would take their chances and at least try something rather than asking him every couple of days "Whaaaaaaaaaa do you want"

I know you suspend belief for soap stories but when it is going on 5 months and they are depicting Katy's lack of any proactive efforts to escape for almost 160 days, it really takes the p1ss.

She seems to be developing Stockholm Syndrome too. Talking nicely, nicely to her captor. 'Oh if i could just have more to read' and 'that's 450 meals now' and being quite thankful in general for little things.

P.s. Just a guess, i'm neither a psychologist or psychiatrist :)

nagdefy wrote: »
    She seems to be developing Stockholm Syndrome too. Talking nicely, nicely to her captor. 'Oh if i could just have more to read' and 'that's 450 meals now' and being quite thankful in general for little things.

P.s. Just a guess, i'm neither a psychologist or psychiatrist :)

Carrigstown Syndrome. Don't do the obvious thing and just lie there for 5 months making no effort to contemplate escaping. ..........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

just looked again, was a Jag!

Late model x-type :)

Carrigstown Syndrome. Don't do the obvious thing and just lie there for 5 months making no effort to contemplate escaping. ..........;)[/QUOTE

Give her a break, she has to brush her hair and do press-ups, time is scarce!

Seriously though I'm convinced she had an escape attempt that went wrong and now she wont dare try it again, maybe he cut her water for a few days or kept the lights on. In that situation you quickly become completely dependent on someone.

Someone mentioned a radio? I don't think she has that with her but I am I right in saying she has magazines to read, I'm sure I saw her reading a few..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

So KT can hear bangers outside! So her cell isn't sound proof, Christ sake! Will we see any of KT trying to figure out where she is. That actually might be interesting. She's getting hot fish and chips, she can hear fireworks, she's supplied with a local newspaper. Her "cell" has a sink, toilet and shower. So she knows approximately what date it is. She knows she's still in Dublin, she would assume her cell is above ground. She's no bruises, she's never seen her attacker, she doesn't seem afraid of him. So we can assume he has never beaten her etc. So what's to stop her pulling out the camera from the wall or smash through flimsy looking walls. There's an opportunity for something interesting or exciting but it's such a bore :( 5 months she's in there! The only fun result for me would be if Tommy was crazy and he had her. It would be the biggest F U ever to Stripey but I know it won't be. It's so clearly Colonel Ciaran in the "work shop" with Smoked Cod

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

The wall looks like it's just plasterboard, without the plasterboard on her side, the insert is just foam insulation that can be easily removed... It would be easy enough for her just claw her way through it.... They could of at least made it look like a solid wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Yeah if she can hear bangers from outside,why doesn't she make a racket during the day when her kidnapper is out - surely someone would hear and wonder what was making the noise.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

MelanieC wrote: »
    Yeah if she can hear bangers from outside,why doesn't she make a racket during the day when her kidnapper is out - surely someone would hear and wonder what was making the noise.....

If she can hear bangers, she should be hearing dogs barking if she's in a relatively built up area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

How do you reckon the reveal will go? Do u think he'll finally open the door, we ll see her say ...... 'You'!!!!? Xxxxxx person will be revealed and we ll have another few weeks of them conversing with her in the cell but not releasing her.

My thinking is ..... she ll just be released ..... into the carrickstown sunshine without so much as a squint .... and for the next three months we ll have her having ptsd and flashbacks until shes in spar dome random Tuesday in January and recognises the aftershave x y or z are wearing.

I fear this is gonna be dragged out beyond what we imagine

• Advertisement

If she can hear bangers, she should be hearing dogs barking if she's in a relatively built up area.

If the kidnapper is holding her hostage at some place that is not his home, it's no easy feat for him and the chances of being caught would be much higher. Most people who kidnap someone for a long period keep them prisoner in their own home, as a neutral venue would be too risky.

If Katy is in Carrigstown, it would have to be some place that is at least 100 yards or more from the nearest house or road. Even an industrial estate or a place with lock ups wouldn't be much use, because all Katy would have to do is shout out if she heard any noises such as people's voices in the distance or a car door being closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Cormdogg wrote: »
    So KT can hear bangers outside! So her cell isn't sound proof, Christ sake! Will we see any of KT trying to figure out where she is. That actually might be interesting. She's getting hot fish and chips, she can hear fireworks, she's supplied with a local newspaper. Her "cell" has a sink, toilet and shower. So she knows approximately what date it is. She knows she's still in Dublin, she would assume her cell is above ground. She's no bruises, she's never seen her attacker, she doesn't seem afraid of him. So we can assume he has never beaten her etc. So what's to stop her pulling out the camera from the wall or smash through flimsy looking walls. There's an opportunity for something interesting or exciting but it's such a bore :( 5 months she's in there! The only fun result for me would be if Tommy was crazy and he had her. It would be the biggest F U ever to Stripey but I know it won't be. It's so clearly Colonel Ciaran in the "work shop" with Smoked Cod
    I don't think it being Tommy is completely outside the realms of possibility. That muffled voice speaking to Katie sounded like him to me. Tommy also had a hand in the family's downfall with the tape he had.

There's also of course a history of mental health problems and his own experience of seing his family splinter. Who knows, maybe Tommy wants to inflict that pain on another family by breaking up a marriage and kidnapping their child.

Not to mention of all the people capable of constructing a make shift cell, Tommy is one of them.

so, eh, what was the point of Angela dying?? An excuse for Mongo to have a couple of scenes, an excuse for Deegan to get out of his uniform, an excuse for Leo to plug his new album? An excuse for a couple of days work for the actress that plays Angela.

Anyone? I know it was a bit of realism but they could have at least reintegrated her into the show before killing her off. Bringing her back for a couple of comedy scenes and then killing her was just all a bit pointless for viewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Strazdas wrote: »
    If the kidnapper is holding her hostage at some place that is not his home, it's no easy feat for him and the chances of being caught would be much higher. Most people who kidnap someone for a long period keep them prisoner in their own home, as a neutral venue would be too risky.

If Katy is in Carrigstown, it would have to be some place that is at least 100 yards or more from the nearest house or road. Even an industrial estate or a place with lock ups wouldn't be much use, because all Katy would have to do is shout out if she heard any noises such as people's voices in the distance or a car door being closed.

Apparently Katy works out next week who her kidnapper is. Assuming as you correctly point out that the kidnapper does not want to risk a neutral venue, we can rule in our out certain characters and places.

Ciaran Love/Hate is the most obvious kidnapper but if it is him, he is definitely not holding her at the place he lived as Emmett and now Eoghan are there too. Has Eoghan moving in anything to do with the story I wonder (could Eoghan see something that is Katy's like some item of clothing or jewellery lying around: Emmett was gone for a long period and would not know all of Katy's things whereas Eoghan would).

If it is Ciaran, he is in it with someone else. We have not seen exactly where Stella, Cathal and Flynn live. People name Robbie too and it is true the voice sounds like him. He has a premises and house but would not get away with hiding her anywhere in either due to too many sharing the places. Robbie could be a possibility, forced to do it to repay the Flynns as he tangled with them.

I don't think it is Tommy and Tommy could not get away with hiding her in the hotel and she's definitely not in the allotments shed. Tommy will be a big part of the storyline I predict but as the hero with he and Eoghan joining forces to rescue her.

I could see this thing drag on for weeks on and off. Various people could be suspected and cleared until the real culprit is revealed. The possibility that Katy escapes and identifies her kidnapper later after he says or does something is also on the cards.

Imagine if it turned out to be something organised by Nina! Anything would be possible with her!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Katy thinks it's Tommy

Apparently Katy works out next week who her kidnapper is. Assuming as you correctly point out that the kidnapper does not want to risk a neutral venue, we can rule in our out certain characters and places.

Ciaran Love/Hate is the most obvious kidnapper but if it is him, he is definitely not holding her at the place he lived as Emmett and now Eoghan are there too. Has Eoghan moving in anything to do with the story I wonder (could Eoghan see something that is Katy's like some item of clothing or jewellery lying around: Emmett was gone for a long period and would not know all of Katy's things whereas Eoghan would).

If it is Ciaran, he is in it with someone else. We have not seen exactly where Stella, Cathal and Flynn live. People name Robbie too and it is true the voice sounds like him. He has a premises and house but would not get away with hiding her anywhere in either due to too many sharing the places. Robbie could be a possibility, forced to do it to repay the Flynns as he tangled with them.

I don't think it is Tommy and Tommy could not get away with hiding her in the hotel and she's definitely not in the allotments shed. Tommy will be a big part of the storyline I predict but as the hero with he and Eoghan joining forces to rescue her.

I could see this thing drag on for weeks on and off. Various people could be suspected and cleared until the real culprit is revealed. The possibility that Katy escapes and identifies her kidnapper later after he says or does something is also on the cards.

Imagine if it turned out to be something organised by Nina! Anything would be possible with her!

Lets work it out logically, and I know that's a stretch for FC!

In the majority of cases, young girls are kidnapped for:

1. Rape, sexual thrills over and over again -clearly not the case here. Absolutely no evidence she has been assaulted sexually.

2.Money- not a factor.

3. Revenge- a real possibility here.

Going with revenge, its almost a sure thing that Love Hate was hired to kidnap her as revenge for the O Briens causing Spillane and his father to suffer and now that Eoghan has walked from jail, they have even more motivation to keep it up. They could easily have a derelict property set up with a room for camera, plumbed toilet, shower etc. BUT, I would bet a months wage that hes not in it alone, and that's where....

Stella comes in! There is just no way that a guy like Love Hate is going to know what girls like to read, eat etc not to mention tampons and possible medical problems. He needs a partner to advise on that, and hence that's where Stella comes in, advising on clothes sizes, food, magazines and how to treat her. He is the brawn and she is the brains. Stella is key to this mystery I feel very sure of it. Look how annoyed she was when Debbie stopped her getting that job when she could have got close to her and found out whats going on in her life and feed that back to Spillane. Of all the people they brought back to reveal to Love Hate about the affair they picked Stella... That was definitely not an accident.

Don't forget that Stella could have been trying to get to know her during those dates but when her criminal past came out they had to act straight away, hence why she was so prickly to Debbie about ruling her out as a suspect so fast, she didn't want her activities to be monitored, that's why she waited a few months for the heat to die down before she reappeared. I'm absolutely convinced a Stella/Love Hate combo is behind this and that they are following orders which means Katy is at the mercy of the gang behind this. Unless Stella or Love Hate crack which is unlikely.

The above is only a theory but a credible one in my view, particularly when you strip away the cast and characters and who is could be/couldn't be. Sadly if that proves too hard to script FC have a trump card: It was Tommy all along because hes just like that! Which would be an absolute insult to the audience who has stuck with this story for months now in the hope of a satisfying and intelligent conclusion.

I really don't think its Robbie, even though it does kind of sound like him, he was away for days at a time during the whole mother thing and his honeymoon plus Carol knows his every move!

They are running out of time to salvage this story, Come one writers you CAN be brilliant once in a blue moon, make this one of those times!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Lets work it out logically, and I know that's a stretch for FC!

In the majority of cases, young girls are kidnapped for:

1. Rape, sexual thrills over and over again -clearly not the case here. Absolutely no evidence she has been assaulted sexually.

2.Money- not a factor.

3. Revenge- a real possibility here.

Going with revenge, its almost a sure thing that Love Hate was hired to kidnap her as revenge for the O Briens causing Spillane and his father to suffer and now that Eoghan has walked from jail, they have even more motivation to keep it up. They could easily have a derelict property set up with a room for camera, plumbed toilet, shower etc. BUT, I would bet a months wage that hes not in it alone, and that's where....

Stella comes in! There is just no way that a guy like Love Hate is going to know what girls like to read, eat etc not to mention tampons and possible medical problems. He needs a partner to advise on that, and hence that's where Stella comes in, advising on clothes sizes, food, magazines and how to treat her. He is the brawn and she is the brains. Stella is key to this mystery I feel very sure of it. Look how annoyed she was when Debbie stopped her getting that job when she could have got close to her and found out whats going on in her life and feed that back to Spillane. Of all the people they brought back to reveal to Love Hate about the affair they picked Stella... That was definitely not an accident.

Don't forget that Stella could have been trying to get to know her during those dates but when her criminal past came out they had to act straight away, hence why she was so prickly to Debbie about ruling her out as a suspect so fast, she didn't want her activities to be monitored, that's why she waited a few months for the heat to die down before she reappeared. I'm absolutely convinced a Stella/Love Hate combo is behind this and that they are following orders which means Katy is at the mercy of the gang behind this. Unless Stella or Love Hate crack which is unlikely.

The above is only a theory but a credible one in my view, particularly when you strip away the cast and characters and who is could be/couldn't be. Sadly if that proves too hard to script FC have a trump card: It was Tommy all along because hes just like that! Which would be an absolute insult to the audience who has stuck with this story for months now in the hope of a satisfying and intelligent conclusion.

I really don't think its Robbie, even though it does kind of sound like him, he was away for days at a time during the whole mother thing and his honeymoon plus Carol knows his every move!

They are running out of time to salvage this story, Come one writers you CAN be brilliant once in a blue moon, make this one of those times!
    If they were working together, couldn't Stella have told Ciaran seperately, instead of him "overhearing" it at the other side of a busy street.

Id say he knew already it was just by chance that he was walking down the street. Remember, when Debbie tried on several occasions to explain Stellas comment he seemed weirdly aloof and uninterested. Because of course he already knew. The audience know nothing of my theory of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,756 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

scarbouro wrote: »
    Who the hell dresses Kerrie Ann?! She rocks up in the middle of October to do gardening in that get up!! She looks ridiculous.

The Laura storyline is extremely boring now...

I thought she was a cheerleader :p

Is Hayley with Paul for money, if not seriously why then :confused:

• Advertisement

Id say he knew already it was just by chance that he was walking down the street. Remember, when Debbie tried on several occasions to explain Stellas comment he seemed weirdly aloof and uninterested. Because of course he already knew. The audience know nothing of my theory of course!

Just thinking if Love Hate is the kidnapper, wouldn't he be very jittery and panicky? Kidnapping someone and holding them hostage for months would mean years in prison as well as total notoriety if discovered. I'd expect him to be constantly on edge and freaking out, a bit like how Eskimo Boy normally is in fact.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement