Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

Are we supposed to be able to see the person behind the drawer like we are or is that just bad camera work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭baldbear

So the love hate lad has Katie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I really don't think Stella's involved. I don't think she'a more than a glorified extra like yer one who works in the hotel. You can tell when someone is a new long term character and not just a filler

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RKF

The warmest beer garden in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I think it sounds awful like Greasy.

• Advertisement

I think we find out tonight................................................ (well we already know, but you get what I mean)

I think you are wrong :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

twirlagig wrote: »
    I think it sounds awful like Greasy.

Think the voice is from a cheapish voice disguiser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

That was a really poor episode imo. No storyline was really advanced one iota. And it seemed a few min short also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

They have done that exact same "I am going to take him for everything" / "I am going to make him regret it" scene with Dermishhhhhh and Niamh 351 times already.

post-26688-we-understand-gif-Justin-Timbe-l0iw.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Think the voice is from a cheapish voice disguiser

Yeah, I know that but it just reminds me of his tone or something.. I don't know why :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Love Hate gets a text from someone (Stella) whilst having a drink with Emmet, then he picks up his bag and goes merrily on his way for a "work job" on Sunday evening. Next scene he is handing Katy the full article. Nice one for holding on to it Stella.

I didn't know the high speed Japanese train had come to Carrigstown. Niamh headed into Dublin city after brekkie and was comfortably back in Vinos with 5 bags of shopping before lunch. Hayley was about to have few hours with Paul then managed to be back in the Station about an hour later to reunite with where all the other characters hang out on a Sunday evening...

baldbear wrote: »
    So the love hate lad has Katie?

Him with help from Stella, I'm convinced of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Why would Niamh go eat chicken wings alone in the pub. She lives across the road, would she consider eating at home with her daughter maybe? But sure who knows what time of the day it is? Why wasDean on his own drinking a tonic water?

And she was only after eating in Vinos after she landed in with her bags of shopping and empty red handbag

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rose16

Of course Stella aka Big Bosco is involved... It will all be revealed one wed eve, when we have completely forgotten about it, prob the same eve that Niamh/Paul story like will come to a crashing crescendo along with other major characters being killed off in a massive blood bath shoot out whilst also in the same episode Bella will get a job in the community centre And posh Charlie will reveal mags and Esther are alive & well in Galway all without any build up or story line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

max life wrote: »
    I have missed the last few episodes, but how long has Sash been wearing the silly hat? She looks ridiculous

Since last Thursday. Well it's her second one, she wore an identical beige one on Thursday's episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

That seems to be the way it is going. Ciaran Love/Hate with or without Stella but what is the motive?

That seems to be the way it is going. Ciaran Love/Hate with or without Stella but what is the motive?

Apparently RTE are doing a competition for local primary schools at the moment to think of a way to close out the story. Their was a problem distributing the application forms to every school though as they were told to stay out of Mallow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This Niamh-Dermish-Paulio-Haylio story is just so titillating!

The simplest explanation usually fits. Id say they are under orders from Spillane to torture the family by keeping Katy away as revenge as long as they get pleasure doing it. We know Stella has a criminal past so that fits and we know absolutely nothing about Ciaran, so that could also fit! They may be doing it under the agreement that Katy is not killed. Spillane coming back a few weeks ago to wind Debbie up about Katy was a clever red herring to make the audience think that he isn't actually involved.

Either that......or its Tommy, which is their extremely weak Plan B. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Apparently RTE are doing a competition for local primary schools at the moment to think of a way to close out the story. Their was a problem distributing the application forms to every school though as they were told to stay out of Mallow.

Ruthie might put a few coloured scribbles on the application form and even that might be better than their Plan B of "Guess what- it was Tommy all along, we couldn't write the Love Hate-Stella connection well enough so we fell back on the good old reliable Tommy Dillon". At which point Stripes will punish him by not putting out in Room 202 for all of 5 minutes then back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FFS, Niamh. Will you just make him regret it and stop torturing us with this boll&x.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I would be pretty sure Cass has been living on the dole most of his life.............

He hasn't been telling his tales of do or dare or ne'r do well for a while. Paris to Dakar, Route66, the N17, the New Nenagh bypass escapade, the Kalahari trip and the drive to India with the five legged white cat. God I miss his tall tales.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    He hasn't been telling his tales of do or dare or ne'r do well for a while. Paris to Dakar, Route66, the N17, the New Nenagh bypass escapade, the Kalahari trip and the drive to India with the five legged white cat. God I miss his tall tales.

Writer 247 was in charge of Cass' Chronicles and Chancery. He was a close friend of the actor that played Christy and resigned when he was sacked. So they have had Cass picking potatoes since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

If Amanda takes off that neck choker thingy does she turn into a 200 year old woman??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Thanks for that reply.

bazermc wrote: »
    If Amanda takes off that neck choker thingy does she turn into a 200 year old woman??

post of the year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

The simplest explanation usually fits. Id say they are under orders from Spillane to torture the family by keeping Katy away as revenge as long as they get pleasure doing it. We know Stella has a criminal past so that fits and we know absolutely nothing about Ciaran, so that could also fit! They may be doing it under the agreement that Katy is not killed. Spillane coming back a few weeks ago to wind Debbie up about Katy was a clever red herring to make the audience think that he isn't actually involved.

Either that......or its Tommy, which is their extremely weak Plan B. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's true. We know next to nothing about Ciaran and Stella. The Flynn and Cathal business seems to be the most likely reason why Katy was targeted and I'd be very surprised if this turns out not to be the case. The possibility of it being an all new character we have not seen yet is remote as that character would be introduced outside of the kidnap (but of course a new character was introduced already and that is Ciaran who was fresh from starring in a crime drama so I'm sure that background has not gone unnoticed).

Cathal's coming back was a distraction. Cathal may or may not be involved but those above him certainly are. Ciaran could be another member of the Flynn clan and maybe even Cathal's brother. Maybe he's running things on behalf of his father's wishes (Flynn himself may or may not be dead but assuming he is dead, perhaps Flynn displeased with Cathal's incompetence turned to Ciaran instead to torment the O'Briens).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why cant Eoghan go back to being a taxi driver or did he sell his car?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Why cant Eoghan go back to being a taxi driver or did he sell his car?

I don't think you can be a taxi driver when you have a serious criminal conviction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

It could be Nina holding KT - okay I know it doesn't sound like Nina but it's a vocaliser thingy and she's resurrecting her career on the back of it. I know the obvious choice is Ciarán Love/Hate but there is no back story to him, no weirdy glances to the camera, no nervousness, nothing except a lock-up garage that he got precious about months ago with Farrah and we're supposed to remember.

The obvious choice would be the Ram that would cause ructions - .. but it's probably Ciarán and the story is being made up as they go along.

BTW I think the vocaliser voice sounds like Flynn

:-P :-D :-( :-!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement