Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

At least even Katy is baffled by the absolute pointlessness of her kidnap. At this stage I almost want her to be killed, at least then all we could wonder was where the body would be dumped and not have to endure this constant "Are you going to talk to me, what do you want, can I go home now" bullsh!t every single night. Katys anger is realistic, just a few months too late. "Its not possible to release you yet". what the hell does that even mean..

I have been the biggest defender of this storyline on this thread since the start on May, despite the masses of "its gone beyond boring now" and other such opinions. It had the potential to be a very dark and interesting story. I can even forgive the timeline as they need a slow burner to keep the audience interested, But its at this point that I have to say if they don't make a significant development in the next week I officially don't care anymore. And I mean along the lines of revealing who it is. The motive can wait a few weeks but we need to know who it is NOW. Its gone on too long now, people are turning away. Take the mask off and PROGRESS for Christ sake.

It must be that time of year when Debbie realises her daughter is missing. Remember in August she started crying when she saw a girl in the park? Tonight she sees a jumper and breaks down. Tune in for March when she sees a cute little girl dressed in the Paddys Day parade and she sheds a tear..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Cass tumbling over was the most fake fall ever. And I've seen some fake falls in my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭threetrees

I think the writers are looking here for ideas on who the captor is. Today was the first time KT made a guess who it was.

Where is this Amanda story going? Is she the captor without a motive?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

threetrees wrote: »
    I think the writers are looking here for ideas on who the captor is. Today was the first time KT made a guess who it was.

Where is this Amanda story going? Is she the captor without a motive?

It could be Amanda's father.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I can't understand why everyone is so anxious to help Amanda. She's so rude arrogant and disrespectful to them all. In all fairness how could you work anywhere and speak to your boss and co workers the way she does. Stupid storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 46 Rhaegal

I go through phases of not watching this show due to terrible story lines and god awful new characters and I'm already sick of that new red haired girl.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Rhaegal wrote: »
    I go through phases of not watching this show due to terrible story lines and god awful new characters and I'm already sick of that new red haired girl.

she's been it on and off for a couple of years.

I've only recently started watching again (tuned out when katy disappeared).

Unsurprised that Paul is banging someone

Why couldnt they bring Jo back and kill her off rather than Derm
    -

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

"Its not possible to release you yet"...... What that means is, " we don't know how to end this story line"...... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This is sort of a spoiler about the Katy storyline without telling you who it is.
    The actress who plays her posted a clip from tonight's episode on facebook and when people started commenting underneath it. She said we'd find out very soon who has her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

So Katy now is guessing it is Tommy which is code for Tommy being ruled out. Now this thing about
    Cathal trying to convince Debbie it is Tommy seems to lead us to believe that Cathal has her and he now has a get out clause by pinning it on Tommy who Katy believes is the captor. It looks now like Cathal is our man. It also is suspicious that Katy didn't blame him after his history of kidnapping her family too

Assuming that maybe
    Cathal is another diversion
    and that Tommy is certainly one, who else could it be? Ciaran Love/Hate this evening was his usual sensible and calm self. Ciaran seems to be the voice of reason between forgive the pun Eoghan's and Emmett's love/hate relationship.

This Bri? with Amanda was getting me thinking. Yes, he could be the captor, yes he is going to attack Amanda. But no, he just walked away. That more or less ruled him out and he is just a clown.

I got a strange vibe though that the captor is protecting Katy from someone or something from the way he spoke to her. This brings us back to Ciaran or even Eoghan or Emmett. There was a strange scene which kind of hinted it may be Eoghan. Whoever the captor is, he is reluctant and is being as nice to Katy as he possibly can under the circumstances.

Elsewhere, the bizzare Dermot/Paul/Niamh/Hayley story is going along as usual. Well only one character is bizzare here as Paul is Paul, Niamh is Niamh and Hayley is Hayley. Dermot is calmer, more devious, more driven and more energetic than ever despite he meant to be 'dying'. The only option it may be at this stage is that Dermot may have genuinely got this diagnosis at first as we saw (and told Robbie) and then heard back that he has a less serious condition but has lead key people to believe he is dying (Niamh especially). As someone earlier said, Dermot will make a miraculous recovery, lose his licence to be an accountant and financial advisor, and then face a very angry, financially compromised Paul (and/or an angry Niamh after Paul gets a heart attack and Niamh finds out he did not tell her the truth about his illness).

Don't know if I like or dislike Amanda as a person but I like her character. She was introduced at first as a very nasty character but now she is more a confused character that is deeply troubled. Good potential here to expand on her family and her background.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,865 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

So Katy now is guessing it is Tommy which is code for Tommy being ruled out. Now this thing about
    Cathal trying to convince Debbie it is Tommy seems to lead us to believe that Cathal has her and he now has a get out clause by pinning it on Tommy who Katy believes is the captor. It looks now like Cathal is our man. It also is suspicious that Katy didn't blame him after his history of kidnapping her family too

Assuming that maybe
    Cathal is another diversion
    and that Tommy is certainly one, who else could it be? Ciaran Love/Hate this evening was his usual sensible and calm self. Ciaran seems to be the voice of reason between forgive the pun Eoghan's and Emmett's love/hate relationship.

This Bri? with Amanda was getting me thinking. Yes, he could be the captor, yes he is going to attack Amanda. But no, he just walked away. That more or less ruled him out and he is just a clown.

I got a strange vibe though that the captor is protecting Katy from someone or something from the way he spoke to her. This brings us back to Ciaran or even Eoghan or Emmett. There was a strange scene which kind of hinted it may be Eoghan. Whoever the captor is, he is reluctant and is being as nice to Katy as he possibly can under the circumstances.

Elsewhere, the bizzare Dermot/Paul/Niamh/Hayley story is going along as usual. Well only one character is bizzare here as Paul is Paul, Niamh is Niamh and Hayley is Hayley. Dermot is calmer, more devious, more driven and more energetic than ever despite he meant to be 'dying'. The only option it may be at this stage is that Dermot may have genuinely got this diagnosis at first as we saw (and told Robbie) and then heard back that he has a less serious condition but has lead key people to believe he is dying (Niamh especially). As someone earlier said, Dermot will make a miraculous recovery, lose his licence to be an accountant and financial advisor, and then face a very angry, financially compromised Paul (and/or an angry Niamh after Paul gets a heart attack and Niamh finds out he did not tell her the truth about his illness).

Don't know if I like or dislike Amanda as a person but I like her character. She was introduced at first as a very nasty character but now she is more a confused character that is deeply troubled. Good potential here to expand on her family and her background.

The Katy storyline did move on a little bit tonight. It seems the kidnapper (or group of people / gang) intend releasing her but are waiting for something to happen first. What could this be though?? I'm still scratching my head looking for a motive as to why she would be held captive for five months.

Dermot seems remarkably healthy for a person who has a few months to live. I'm not convinced either that a man who is about to meet his maker would be busy trying to ruin another man : if anything, you would think impending death would make him softer and mellower.

nagdefy wrote: »
    It's all so slooooow.

If the KT story doesn't start moving this week we'll all have lost interest.

Ehhh ....we have ........months ago .....;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Surely on Day One of her kidnapping Katy would have been accusing her kidnapper of being Tommy, Cathal or Flynn. It wouldn't take 5 months for the penny to drop. Ah I guess she was on stage in some show though , she had other things on her mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

The independent has a picture of her male kidnapper in a balaclava on their website. Won't let me post the link here.

Cazale wrote: »
    The independent has a picture of her male kidnapper in a balaclava on their website. Won't let me post the link here.

Couple of photos in this article of the individual in a balaclava (don't read though if you don't want a summary of tonight's episode, even though there's no mention of who the kidnapper is) :

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/film-news/fair-city-spoilers-katys-kidnapper-9123963

• Registered Users Posts: 86,753 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I like Amanda, way better actress than the one who played Rachel

I assume she has left home over issues with her dad, maybe Dolly or Niamh will take her in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Strazdas wrote: »
    Couple of photos in this article of the individual in a balaclava (don't read though if you don't want a summary of tonight's episode, even though there's no mention of who the kidnapper is) :

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/film-news/fair-city-spoilers-katys-kidnapper-9123963

He's a bigger man than Tommy Dillon. At least he's ruled out! He looks bigger than Ciaran too imo. He looks to be at least 6ft if he stood up straight.

It's feckin Hozier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

walshb wrote: »
    Welcome aboard. Only 4 months late...

You've commented a lot on the storyline, you obviously haven't lost all interest..after 4 months...

To criticise something a lot you generally have to have some interest in the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Is he the doctor who is belles partner in emmerdale ?

• Advertisement

So it is Ciaran aka Love/Hate

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So it is Ciaran aka Love/Hate

Impossible to tell from those photos though : that could be Cass or Charlie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

The Katy storyline did move on a little bit tonight. It seems the kidnapper (or group of people / gang) intend releasing her but are waiting for something to happen first. What could this be though?? I'm still scratching my head looking for a motive as to why she would be held captive for five months.

Dermot seems remarkably healthy for a person who has a few months to live. I'm not convinced either that a man who is about to meet his maker would be busy trying to ruin another man : if anything, you would think impending death would make him softer and mellower.

So we
    get to see the kidnapper tonight but dressed like a dissident republican. We won't see his face but the size of him and the way he walks will give us a hint.

Interestingly the kidnapper is waiting on some event. The only event I can think of is the break up of Tommy and Debbie? If that is the event and that echoes what
    Cathal is supposed to say to Debbie next week to try and break them up
    , then this narrows it down. It has got to be Ciaran Love/Hate and perhaps he is playing them all off against each other? And suppose Katy talked him into helping her break up her mother and her lover and the captor has set this up to help Katy achieve this by
    letting her believe it is Tommy and letting Cathal believe it is Tommy as well

So we
    get to see the kidnapper tonight but dressed like a dissident republican. We won't see his face but the size of him and the way he walks will give us a hint.

Interestingly the kidnapper is waiting on some event. The only event I can think of is the break up of Tommy and Debbie? If that is the event and that echoes what
    Cathal is supposed to say to Debbie next week to try and break them up
    , then this narrows it down. It has got to be Ciaran Love/Hate and perhaps he is playing them all off against each other? And suppose Katy talked him into helping her break up her mother and her lover and the captor has set this up to help Katy achieve this by
    letting her believe it is Tommy and letting Cathal believe it is Tommy as well

It's certainly a possibility, who knows? Another one is that Katy could be held by a criminal gang, with the kidnapper being the one assigned to have one to one contact with her at all times, but he may not be the gang leader and is working for or even being pressurised into it by the gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Jesus how many times has the kidnapper watched KT take a dump in 5 months!

It's good to see Fair City approach a "homeless" storyline with Amanda. I just worry that it'll go until the end of the week before someone gives her a place to live (rent free, as she has no job) and once again, a potentially decent and relevant storyline abandoned.

It's good to see Fair City approach a "homeless" storyline with Amanda. I just worry that it'll go until the end of the week before someone gives her a place to live (rent free, as she has no job) and once again, a potentially decent and relevant storyline abandoned.

Is the shelter still opened? No sign of Ama or her man from there

• Registered Users Posts: 56,273 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You've commented a lot on the storyline, you obviously haven't lost all interest..after 4 months...

To criticise something a lot you generally have to have some interest in the topic.

Relax. This is a fun thread. We constantly make fun.

And I couldn't care if they dragged this story to infinity. They have made a complete balls of it, hence me not giving a toss how it is wrapped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Well one thing is for sure, Wheelie Dan is not the Captor, unless..................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

He's a bigger man than Tommy Dillon. At least he's ruled out! He looks bigger than Ciaran too imo. He looks to be at least 6ft if he stood up straight.

It's feckin Hozier!

Could be Stella she's quite tall!
    The only event I can think of is the break up of Tommy and Debbie?

Be gas if it was Judy! She'd be reported to the medical council at last!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement