Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is the shelter still opened? No sign of Ama or her man from there

Good point! I believe it was a men's shelter though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

walshb wrote: »
    Relax. This is a fun thread. We constantly make fun.

And I couldn't care if they dragged this story to infinity. They have made a complete balls of it, hence me not giving a toss how it is wrapped up.

Calm down.

Your comment was a put down smart a*s comment. Quote; 'Welcome aboard. Only 4 months late...'

And as for 'This is a fun thread. We constantly make fun.' Please stop lecturing, you don't own the thread or have intellectual property rights to it. Who are these 'we' you refer to? Any other Boards thread i post on doesn't have a clique and a new person to a topic who expresses themselves in a non offensive manner is welcome to comment.

Could be Stella she's quite tall!

Looks very much like a man's build to me though. The legs and back especially. The hands look massive, the left one really so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Eps-172-As-a-drained-Katy-sleeps-her-captor-enters-the-room.jpg

Looks like Stella to me too.... :eek:

The more you look at it the more confusing it gets. When we see the captor stand up we'll be able to make more informed guesses ;) The person could be very well 'lagged' in jackets too which might make a smaller build of person appear larger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,753 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paul must an animal in bed as Hayley with him for a bit of fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

nagdefy wrote: »

The more you look at it the more confusing it gets. When we see the captor stand up we'll be able to make more informed guesses ;) The person could be very well 'lagged' in jackets too which might make a smaller build of person appear larger.

Probably not even anyone. Just an extra as they still haven't a clueven whof it is themselves. Looks like whoever it is has a few layers on.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

I reckon its Robbie.

Not sure on his motivations but then that's why they have writers.

Could it be son-of-Ram???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Sorry why can't Charlotte offer her a place to stay, her two brothers were living in the house up until recently, so there is obviously space. this story with Amanda isn't new she has in the past previously asked people can they stay with them, I think her fathers an alcoholic.

PauloConn wrote: »
    I reckon its Robbie.

Not sure on his motivations but then that's why they have writers.

Could it be son-of-Ram???

The voice is very like Robbie and now it appears the size of the captor. Also it would tie in with Carol never having any luck with men, a stable relationship that lasts more than a year or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Paul must an animal in bed as Hayley with him for a bit of fun

Well he's had plenty of practice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

That could easily be Stella and the way the shirt is padded out suggests its hard to pin down exactly who it is but could easily be a woman. But at LAST it seems they are progressing on the story if only a tiny amount. That just leaves motive and that still far from clear.

NOBODY is going to go to this much trouble unless there is something in in for them. Money and sex are ruled out. That leaves revenge, its patently clear that this is the work of Cathal and his associates as revenge for the events last year. He hates the O Briens and rather than just kill Katy he goes for long term torment by arranging a kidnap. Hence Love Hate who is being paid a very handsome sum to do this and keep tabs on the family (hence the job and living with Emmet). Which makes the Guards even worse as they seemingly didn't follow up with Cathals network for suspicious activities.

Stella could easily be a relative of Cathals and is helping out im convinced. Ciaran works every day and has long liquid lunches with the lads- who feeds Katy at this time? How convenient that she went for a hotel job requiring shift work... She gets 3 meals a day like clockwork and fresh clothes, he just could not do it all himself. Stella is his right hand woman and she can advise on what girls would need for health etc. This whole crap of we cant leave you go yet is rubbish, nobody in their right mind would CARE enough to do this because X is having an affair with Y and they want to protect her. Its money. Ciaran and Stella are doing it under orders.

Anyone else have any better ideas??

P.S the only comeback FC writers have now are the 2 weakest answers in the book:

1. Its Tommy. Yawn...

2. Its a random stranger who gets kicks from holding girls hostage and watches the chaos from afar. Double Yawn.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Looks very much like a man's build to me though. The legs and back especially. The hands look massive, the left one really so.
    It must be Leo!
    The voice is very like Robbie and now it appears the size of the captor. Also it would tie in with Carol never having any luck with men, a stable relationship that lasts more than a year or so.

Not that I think that it is Robbie, but one angle for that storyline is that he's been compromised somehow by Flynn, who he has a past with. Now that would be completely stupid, but that's fair city right?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,273 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Calm down.

Your comment was a put down smart a*s comment. Quote; 'Welcome aboard. Only 4 months late...'

And as for 'This is a fun thread. We constantly make fun.' Please stop lecturing, you don't own the thread or have intellectual property rights to it. Who are these 'we' you refer to? Any other Boards thread i post on doesn't have a clique and a new person to a topic who expresses themselves in a non offensive manner is welcome to comment.

Oh please. Chill out and get on board!

Oh please. Chill out and get on board!

Oh please. Oh please. Who speaks like that these days.. One shall decline the invitation to get 'on board'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Hi nagdefy. Glad you are on this site. I am not on it much myself. But respect your comments as a poster.

Hi nagdefy. Glad you are on this site. I am not on it much myself. But respect your comments as a poster.

Thanks very much for your kind comment. It's really good of you to take the time to post a positive message like that. I'm not on here a lot myself but more frequently the last few months as i'm out of work with illness, a recurring pneumonia that's under investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Thanks very much for your kind comment. It's really good of you to take the time to post a positive message like that. I'm not on here a lot myself but more frequently the last few months as i'm out of work with illness, a recurring pneumonia that's under investigation.
    Hope you get better soon. I only text you because I was on a boards site myself where posters were out and out bullies. And it was so great when random posters started to stick up for me. So enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,865 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

No big secret anyway, that was always a man who was addressing Katy (and Katy herself knows it's a man).

Hope you get better soon. I only text you because I was on a boards site myself where posters were out and out bullies. And it was so great when random posters started to stick up for me. So enjoy.

Thanks for the well wishes. It's easy to make a smart comment about somebody's post. The majority on this Fair City thread are really good posters, putting forward their theories etc without belittling another poster's input.

As we all know they're are a few who adopt basic bullying tactics, bullying equates to cowardice and lack of confidence in themselves and they are easily faced down.

If i ever feel i might have been offensive to someone in a post i'll apologise straight away. Strangely some people are right whether they are right or wrong :)

Glad you continue to post donkeykong5.

Strazdas wrote: »
    No big secret anyway, that was always a man who was addressing Katy (and Katy herself knows it's a man).

Oh, I know its no secret! It is no secret (well in my opinion!) for the last 3 months who it is!! Let alone his sex!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,865 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Oh, I know its no secret! It is no secret (well in my opinion!) for the last 3 months who it is!! Let alone his sex!

I'm still not sure who it is! There are a whole load of clues pointing in one direction but it would be funny if they had wrongfooted us and revealed a shock name :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Thanks for the well wishes. It's easy to make a smart comment about somebody's post. The majority on this Fair City thread are really good posters, putting forward their theories etc without belittling another poster's input.

As we all know they're are a few who adopt basic bullying tactics, bullying equates to cowardice and lack of confidence in themselves and they are easily faced down.

If i ever feel i might have been offensive to someone in a post i'll apologise straight away. Strangely some people are right whether they are right or wrong :)

Glad you continue to post donkeykong5.

Welcome!

In fairness, I don't think there was any malice in Walshbs post. He's long been irritated by this storyline, and was just conveying that. Accusations of bullying over a pretty simple post is going a bit far don't you think?

Welcome!

In fairness, I don't think there was any malice in Walshbs post. He's long been irritated by this storyline, and was just conveying that. Accusations of bullying over a pretty simple post is going a bit far don't you think?

Thank you!

I didn't say he was a bully but the jury was out in my mind. There was a lot of 'get on board', 'chill out' etc in his messages. I could only interpret that as get with the programme new boy. When someone states yeah you're with us now on a storyline 4 months later they're basically implying your thick.

I understand yours is a mediatory type message. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Guys knock it off Fair City is starting in 2 hours! As for the newbie, don't take us so serious, nobody else does. This thread is a great place to talk about all aspects of FC, join in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joe Hill

Lads chill

Tommy has katy

• Registered Users Posts: 56,273 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Thank you!

I didn't say he was a bully but the jury was out in my mind. There was a lot of 'get on board', 'chill out' etc in his messages. I could only interpret that as get with the programme new boy. When someone states yeah you're with us now on a storyline 4 months later they're basically implying your thick.

I understand yours is a mediatory type message. Thank you.

My original post (about 'welcome aboard') in reply to you was completely in jest. You took it up wrong and it went from there.

99.9 percent of the posts here are satirical as regards the show, and many of those clouded in friendly sarcasm. My original post being one!

• Advertisement

My original post (about 'welcome aboard') in reply to you was completely in jest. You took it up wrong and it went from there.

99.9 percent of the posts here are satirical as regards the show, and many of those clouded in friendly sarcasm. My original post being one!

That's fair enough walshb. We can sometimes come at things from different viewpoints and mightn't be aware of another's reputable posting history, humour etc. We'll leave it there so :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement